Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who clap from the shoulders

Started by touchingcloth, July 11, 2019, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: Replies From View on July 12, 2019, 11:05:16 AM
That sounds very specific.  And you are certain they are writing at the dinner table and not just eating?

Ye....what? No

thenoise

I remember at speech day/prize giving day at school having to pace myself as otherwise my hands would hurt by the end of the day having to applaud every fucking swot with a made-up 'prize' in order to look good on their University application forms. I would move my way around my hand from the fingers to the wrist slapping each part in turn, then move on to slapping to other hand. Work up my arm if necessary. Rotate the slappage to save my skin.

In the end I realised I could just skive it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 12, 2019, 11:06:04 AM

These remakes of the pottery scene in Ghost sure are losing their flair.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 12, 2019, 11:06:04 AM

wayne rogers sends audition tape, having misunderstood the premise of the show.

Uncle TechTip

At primary school, in assembly once, the head teacher ordered us to clap with two fingers and not the full four, so it wouldn't be as noisy.

Dr Rock

As a child (I mean when I was a child, not 'speaking as a child')I remember seeing a Scooby-Doo episode where some audience members clapped above their heads. So at assembly when we had to applaud something I copied it, but was 'clap-shamed' by Catherine Carpenter, who thought it was pretentious or I don't know why. She was always sticking her nose in. I didn't do it again anyway.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 13, 2019, 11:31:32 AM
At primary school, in assembly once, the head teacher ordered us to clap with two fingers and not the full four, so it wouldn't be as noisy.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: imitationleather on July 11, 2019, 11:03:08 PM
Does anyone ever applaud for any reason other than everyone else is doing it and you'd stand out if you didn't? I know I don't.

I've never been impressed by anything enough to feel like it needed applauding. Not ever. Everything's a load of old shit really, isn't it?

Fucking pah.

yes- like the vfx guy does in this clip- if someone's done clearly outstanding or imaginative work, the shot he's applauding in the clip is a good example. it adds nothing to the movie, in truth, & a lot of people won't even have noticed it, let alone thought about how it was made, but it's a nice bit of work, & worthy of recognition.

https://youtu.be/pTl42COCNaM?t=260

Captain Crunch

I had to move away from some bloke at gig because he was clapping like Mick Jagger.  You know with one hand still and a big swing on the other? 

thenoise

Housemate used to applaud and laugh while watching DVDs of Fawlty Towers and the Party (with Peter Sellars), late at night alone in his room. Occasionally he'd also loudly exclaim 'John Cleese/Peter Sellars ... wow!'

He Won the best in year prize every year. Still found the time to learn German, too.

a duncandisorderly

oh, those people who clap when a plane lands. do you do that on the fucking bus? DO YOU? shut the fuck up.

Alberon

I must admit I do tend to clap when the bus I'm on lands perfectly.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Alberon on July 13, 2019, 04:59:01 PM
I must admit I do tend to clap when the bus I'm on lands perfectly.

fair enough. do it quietly, please.

Cerys

Nowt to do with me.  They didn't even spell my name right.

PlanktonSideburns

holyzombiejesus

When I first met the woman who later became my wife, we went to a gig together. i thought she was so lovely but when the band finished their first song and everyone applauded, she did this horrible thing where she looped her arm through mine and then clapped her hand against my hand. It was awful. She also pinched the arse of the man stood in front of us and, when he turned round, pointed at me.