Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mario RPGs

Started by Sin Agog, July 12, 2019, 11:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Been playing Bowser's Inside Story on that evil ROM DS set-up the last couple of days, and it's so stupidly good.  Brings me back to when I was looking for something new to buy near the end of the Snes lifespan, and picked up Mario RPG: Legend of Something to do With the Number Seven.  First RPG I ever played, and still one of the best.  I'd literally role-played as Mario and Sonic* in the playground, and here was a 3D game where everyone's all snarky and Bowser's not all that bad a guy (I mean, he is a turtle, one of the good animals), plus with all the jumping and rhythm play I just figured it was another platform game with dialogue, 'cause da fuck is an RPG?  Never really played the Paper Mario series or any of its later incarnations, but most of them look quite good.  Share your memories and favourites.  Or don't, your call, just like an RPG.

*apparently there's a Sonic RPG on the DS made by Bioware that's a bag of shite

madhair60

I'm the only person in the world who loves the cod-Sierra-adventure angle the Paper Mario games pursued in Sticker Star and Colour Splash, but I did enjoy my time with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I doubt I'd have the patience for it now, it's a lot of the same thing over and over.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is my favourite though I reckon. It's just ace.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: madhair60 on July 12, 2019, 11:19:07 AM
I'm the only person in the world who loves the cod-Sierra-adventure angle the Paper Mario games pursued in Sticker Star and Colour Splash

Haven't played Sticker Star, but did enjoy Colour Splash as well as the similarly controversial Super Paper Mario on the Wii. Might help that the latter is the first Paper Mario I actually played, though ultimately I probably agree with the consensus that Thousand Year Door is the best in the series.

Have fond memories of Bowser's Inside Story and should really play some of the other Mario & Luigi titles more extensively some time.