Author Topic: Recommend me Wii games  (Read 2931 times)

Jerzy Bondov

• give my cheeky volvic a bash
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
Re: Recommend me Wii games
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2019, 08:17:06 PM »
Yeah, PES on Wii is probably the most inventive football game since about 1993. The concept is genius and the execution is great, you just need to rethink a lot about how football games are played in order to get into it. I remember playing a few games with my mate because he knew how to play, it was kind of a pointless. He really needed to borrow the Wii for a couple of days get the hang of it. A shame, really, because it had the potential to be the best football game ever. Really.
I had the same experience. Setting up offside traps was my favourite bit

Kelvin

• The best bits of a pantomime horse
  • Silver Member
  • With skin the colour of a freshly peeled apple
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
Wish I could get GC games going, though. I really want to play Sunshine, F-Zero GX and Wave Race because I only scratched the surface back in the day and they were all in Jap gibberish. Sunshine especially has been calling me for fifteen years. I'm gonna tinker today until I crack it.

Don't bother. Sunshine is worse than throwing a kid off the Tate. The level design is awful and the camera is infuriating to the point of madness.

Mario controls like a dream of course, and his dive/slide is the best move he's ever had in a 3d Mario game, but apart from that, it is a wretch slog populated by the ugliest, stupidest cunts Nintendo ever created.

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 01:04:13 PM »
it is a wretch slog populated by the ugliest, stupidest cunts Nintendo ever created.

Actually, the Inklings do not appear in Sunshine. Though they could have, when you think about it.