Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Dam lazy friends

Started by Baxter, March 17, 2005, 07:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxter

I've been apaprently left by a group of very lazy friends with the duty of booking 3-4 days in lovely amdsterdam around the1st of next month, last time i managed £160 pp for four days but i can't seem to bring it in for under £208 pp this time,do any 'whores have any tips bearing in mind we're heading off from sunny Lincoln.

weekender

Get the Magic Bus?

*oh, wee, oh, we're on the magic bus*
*why won't anyone think about us*
*we don't care, we're going to sweden*
*more blondes than the garden of eden*
oh yeah

oh yeah yeah yeah yeah.

Yeah yeah yeah.

Lalalala.

Hope this helps.

The Magic Bus is fuelled by Guinness, that makes this topical.

TraceyQ

<sharp intake of breath> You've left it a bit late, son. The 'Dam dont come cheap at Easter.  I'll expect if you wait much later it'll get more expensive.

Anyway, Tell Auntie Q.

1. How you want to get there.
2. Where you want to stay.
3. Why you are going there in the first place when Prague is so much better and if you want to smoke dope why are you going there as it's as readily available here, to toke in the comfort of your own home.

Baxter

aircraft was the best bet i suppose,

that was the tricky part as i can't seem to find the luxurious hotel france anywhere,

actaully the dope is a small part of it one of my freinds really wants to go and see the new Ron English exhibition and another friend and i are really looking forward to visiting the Bimhuis again.

TraceyQ

So, if you live in Lincoln we are looking at Humberside flight?  The France will be booked up by now, I'm sure.
(
edit
OK, right, East Midlands flights.
BMI baby or Easyjet, then.)

How many people?

3 night for 2 sharing B&B in the Botel is £276 per room, sleeping two.

Baxter

ah well if you're so sure about the france it'll have to be somewhere else and they can like the extra 40odd, yes the rest is basically all sortable in that case unless you know of any other good accomadation options.

flumphead

Are you dishing out free travel advice Trace? travel agent or summat?

TraceyQ

Yep! Ten years in the business this year.

Baxter

that's a bit too rich formy friends blood i think i'll opt for a nice hostel

TraceyQ

OK, well, Easyjet dont fly to Amsterdam anymore so you're stuck with the BMI Baby for your best fares. If you want to fly from Birmingham it will probably cost you twice as much as KLM are the only airline that operate that route nowadays.

You can try jet2.com for flights from Leeds but they look a bit more pricey.

flumphead

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Yep! Ten years in the business this year.
Got a tricky problem, would you mind sharing your opinion?
The GF is working out in Cambodia, so I've got to travel to and from occasionally. seems the only options are BHX/LHR etc. to BKK to PHN.  Always very expensive, £600 or thereabouts.  Any suggestions?

hands cold, liver warm

Quote from: "flumphead"
Got a tricky problem, would you mind sharing your opinion?
The GF is working out in Cambodia, so I've got to travel to and from occasionally. seems the only options are BHX/LHR etc. to BKK to PHN.  Always very expensive, £600 or thereabouts.  

Any suggestions?

walk

TraceyQ

try these: http://unijet.telme.com/unijet/   <--- I use these as my flight consolidator at work.

I'm doing myself out of business here but they will probably give you a good fare. The idea with places like that is to book as early as possible to catch the cheaper fares and be a little flexible with your dates. AFAIK there are no direct  flights yet to Phnom Penh but as Cambodia is actually getting more poplular as a holiday destination there should be soon.

Baxter

easyjet do do amserdam from some routes because i checked luton the other day.

TraceyQ

Yes, they do, but you didnt specify where you could get to so I based it on your closet airport.

Baxter

sorry you are quite right

flumphead

Quote from: "TraceyQ"I'm doing myself out of business here but they will probably give you a good fare. ....
Thanks, I was in two minds about asking for that very reason!  Having said that I sometimes go to a real travel agent because their searches are so much better than mine.  How do you get your business?  Make sure you're in possession of more knowledge than the average net user can find?  Or has the net buggered it up.

TraceyQ

the 'net has affected our business quite a lot when it comes to confident, independant travellers and I must admit, I've had quite a few breaks where I havent had to book anything through work at all.  But, yeah, you're about right,  I do have to make sure I know more than your average punter, even if I havent travelled as much as they have, regarding the easiest way to get from A to B (with a little stopover in C for some sightseeing).

Uncle Gripper

Interesting, who do you work for?  Im currently selling Thomson TV holidays (part of TUI), the channel ain't been properly launched yet, but is still v.busy.  Very good bonus if you are shit hot like myself, im aiming for 60k in revenue this month which will net me 1.5k in bonus, and i only work 23hrs a week.

Do you use the infamous 'tops' system and 'rapid' ?  Oh the joys of being a travel agent..