Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy League 2019/20

Started by Lordofthefiles, July 14, 2019, 05:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordofthefiles

Is there going to be one?
Leagues can be set up now, but I don't want to step on anyone's trotters.

Who usually administers?

Ferris

There's usually one going - I'd be up to join and beat everyone* again.

*finish top half

holyzombiejesus

I think this is the code for the C&B league.

uxl1qh

Lordofthefiles

Ferris

Forgot to do this. Fucks sake.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 03, 2019, 01:44:25 PM
Forgot to do this. Fucks sake.

You've got until 19:00(GMT) on Friday 9th. The football that starts this weekend is just for the poor people clubs.

holyzombiejesus

Any tips? There seem to be a few players listed out of position although no stand-out bargains. Also, Chelsea don't have a player worth more than 7m.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 03, 2019, 03:11:41 PM
Any tips? There seem to be a few players listed out of position although no stand-out bargains. Also, Chelsea don't have a player worth more than 7m.

Keep it tight at the back and get as much penetration as you can afford... oh, you meant tips for the fantasy league?!

I'm struggling with my midfield this year. I put De Bruyne in (as I reckon he'll be running the league this year) but that's left me only able to afford 4 cloggers to play alongside him.

Gonna give Harold Kane a chance too. For a couple of weeks anyway. If Spurs sell Erickson without a replacement he's frigged.

Also, I want at one of Robertson or Alexander-Arnold but can't decide which.

Chollis

De Bruyne is gonna be injured a lot. Think Sterling is gonna have a stormer again sadly. Liverpool full backs. Jamie Vardy. Cheers.

DrGreggles

Gone for no more than one player per club.
Then remembered that they're the rules for a different site.
Can't be arsed to change it now.

Still, I think I'm in with a shout of winning 'Worst Kit'.

Ferris

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on August 03, 2019, 03:06:24 PM
You've got until 19:00(GMT) on Friday 9th. The football that starts this weekend is just for the poor people clubs.

GET IN!!

Ferris

holyzombiejesus

Not sure whether to go for Aguero this year. Also tempted to give Salah a miss. That's two players who you'd generally need if you wanted a decent placing.

bgmnts

Yeah I baulked at first but Aguero has been dynamite for about 4 years on the bounce now so he's a must.
Same with Salah, two immense seasons, he can easy go again I reckon.

Problem is, you take Salah, Aguero and Mane that's 35 million gone already.

Other than Robertson and Milivojevic, I doubt the rest of my team will pick up points at all.

Jasha

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 05, 2019, 03:45:45 PM
Also tempted to give Salah a miss.

Who's gonna be your replacement when he's in 99% of teams though? plus he squeezes in as a midfielder leaving the forward berths open

Ferris

Milivojevich was 7m this time. I picked him up for a sneaky 6m last season but 7 is a lot for someone who isn't that productive.

Re: Salah and Aguero - I got them in because the shit-munchers will have them and when they get points I'll be left in the dust.

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 05, 2019, 04:22:10 PM
Milivojevich was 7m this time. I picked him up for a sneaky 6m last season but 7 is a lot for someone who isn't that productive.

Re: Salah and Aguero - I got them in because the shit-munchers will have them and when they get points I'll be left in the dust.

I may be misremembering but he seemed to score a penalty every week and get me at least 5 points.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on August 05, 2019, 04:23:56 PM
I may be misremembering but he seemed to score a penalty every week and get me at least 5 points.

Only after I'd given him the nod, last 2 months of the season

holyzombiejesus

How much is Aguero going to play though? I'm not sure if the charity shield is anything to base signings on but he's going to be rotated a lot more this season, isn't he? If it's him vs Kane and Salah vs Sterling...

Ferris

Old "Spuds" Kane won't get many (16 on the season) so not worth the $12m, Spurs to drop to 6th/7th and not look too impressive. Poch booted by Christmas. Bookmark it.

#FerrisPredicts

holyzombiejesus

Trying to see if any of the last 2 days' transfers affect my choices much. Tempted by Wellbeck although will probably wait. Also thinking about changing my game and focussing more on defenders. The top 3 last year scored more than the top 3 strikers so may not scrimp as much as I normally do. Luiz going to Arsenal means that Chelsea should be playing Zouma a little more, so he could be a bargain.

Blinder Data

Looking forward to beginning with loads of enthusiasm, doing my normal thing of choosing ex-Celtic players (Pukki, Tierney) and then giving up completely halfway through the season. Love this game.

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 08, 2019, 06:11:31 PM
Trying to see if any of the last 2 days' transfers affect my choices much. Tempted by Wellbeck although will probably wait. Also thinking about changing my game and focussing more on defenders. The top 3 last year scored more than the top 3 strikers so may not scrimp as much as I normally do. Luiz going to Arsenal means that Chelsea should be playing Zouma a little more, so he could be a bargain.

The difference between a bargain bucket fullback and an elite one is like... 2m? 4.5m-6.5m or so. A 4.5m defender won't get you much, but an elite wingback will get you a shedload or points.

It's difficult to get a similar number of points from strikers without spending 10m+ which is why I always buy an elite keeper and back 5, 2 or 3 quality midfielders, and cheap out everywhere else. Last season I also had both Bournemouth strikers so I ended up lucking out there as well but you're better off taking a chance on strikers and going with proven fullbacks/midfielders. In my opinion anyway.... take it for what it is worth

Ferris

Shit did I bring in pulisic? I definitely meant to

Jasha

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 05, 2019, 05:57:55 PM
Old "Spuds" Kane won't get many (16 on the season) so not worth the $12m, Spurs to drop to 6th/7th and not look too impressive. Poch booted by Christmas. Bookmark it.

#FerrisPredicts

#FerrisSaysohbollocks

monkfromhavana

My season's basically over already.

Sgt. Duckie

Top of the league! You can all go home. Eat my dust. Sniff my supremacy.  Dark Chutney stylee

phes

I promised myself no FPL this year on account of the fact that every single year I put time into it in the first half of the season and do well then in the second just have an enormous tantrum and destroy my team. Here I am again though!

This year I'm going to do it all differently. I'm embracing the tantrum, looking forwards to it. I'm going to spend weeks and weeks researching the optimum time to have my tantrum for maximum failure

Ferris

Ederson in for Alisson, going to have a tinker with my midfield as well.