Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy League 2019/20

Started by Lordofthefiles, July 14, 2019, 05:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Quote from: Poobum on September 15, 2019, 07:37:31 PM
Nearly dropped Pukki, but am genius. I am slowly ascending the 40s!

Made a last minute change of bringing him in for Lucas Moura.
Have three of the top four forwards from the weekend in my team. Apart from Mason Mount all my midfield either came on as subs or were hauled off before the hour, including my captaining of De Bruyne.
Feel I need to bring Abraham in to bolster my star players of primarily 2018/19 Championship players but be loath to drop Callum Wilson.

phes

Yes if I owned him I wouldn't drop Wilson unless forced.  He's so reliable that it's one less position to think about rotating players through. You need players like that so you can focus down on streaky players. Pukki, Abraham and Wilson seems a nice front three. Invest the money in midfield where there's more points for your million.

Little positive from my week other than having Son nice and early so I got to use my transfer to bring in the on form Aubemayang for his great fixtures. Remains to be seen if he can rival players like Mane. I think I have the balance of my team wrong with three cheap striker looking optimum, but I'm kind of stuck now.

I own KdB and Son. Two midfielders in the 9.something category is weird and unnerving.

My worst start in years, about 1.5m. I usually play a fairly stunning early WC but I totally fucked it this year

Blinder Data

OK, now I'm top of the league. After neglecting to change my team at all over the past two weeks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm now scared to mess with an unbroken formula and actually use some transfers

bgmnts

Pieters, Ings and de Bruyne on the bench and I have no idea why.

Lost 24 points.

Poobum

Not happy with Aguero and Bernie Silva not starting, some warning would be nice. King and Yarmolenko doing goals helped. Here's hoping for a Soyuncu hat-trick, cross after cross deflecting in off of his massive face.

phes

My worst start to a season ever but Ricardo just scored me 14 and with Aubameyang to play I should be looking at a big rise for a second week running. Should be troubling the C&B top ten soon enough!

weekender

BIG NEWS

Spent 4 points to sub in Roberto, who appears to be West Ham's back-up goalkeeper who will surely play for the next 6-8 weeks whilst Fabianski is out.

Game changer right here.

EOLAN

Good steady week. Nice sugning of Yarmalenko for Cabellas. Everyone chipping in with points apart from Foster and Pukki.
My success usually depends on Salah, Mane, Sterling not getting up to much too so that helped.

Lordofthefiles

Does anyone reckon Pukki will score this week?
I've been hanging on to the little bastad for ages thinking he'd come good but he's been absolute dog dirt.

Would you swap him out for Jimenez?

Also, any thoughts on swapping Salah for Mané?

Chollis

I've just swapped out Salah for Mane, Salah's not quite hit his stride yet, similar to this stage last season, and Mane is just a man possessed. Salah does takes pens though, and score fairly regularly regardless of form, so it's not an easy choice. Major surgery needed after dropping from 1st to 4th in my work's league last week, Wildcard time:

Sterling out KDB in, frees up some funds
Salah out Mane in
Josh King out Tammy Abraham in
Mason Mount out Pulisic in
Two Sheff Utd defenders and Bournemouth's GK in for some absolute wasters I had there before

Captaining Vardy for Leicester's upcoming demolition of Arsenal

boki

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on November 08, 2019, 02:21:33 PM
Does anyone reckon Pukki will score this week?
I've been hanging on to the little bastad for ages thinking he'd come good but he's been absolute dog dirt.

Would you swap him out for Jimenez?

I did exactly that the other day, funnily enough.   Must get down the bookies and a have a punt on the inevitable Pukki hat-trick.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: boki on November 08, 2019, 02:33:52 PM
I did exactly that the other day, funnily enough.   Must get down the bookies and a have a punt on the inevitable Pukki hat-trick.

Yep, that's my fear. If he's ever going to score it's gonna be tonight.
I reckon Wolfs Vs Villa is going to be a goalfest too though!

Torn!

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Chollis on November 08, 2019, 02:28:35 PM
I've just swapped out Salah for Mane, Salah's not quite hit his stride yet, similar to this stage last season, and Mane is just a man possessed. Salah does takes pens though, and score fairly regularly regardless of form, so it's not an easy choice. Major surgery needed after dropping from 1st to 4th in my work's league last week, Wildcard time:

Sterling out KDB in, frees up some funds
Salah out Mane in
Josh King out Tammy Abraham in
Mason Mount out Pulisic in
Two Sheff Utd defenders and Bournemouth's GK in for some absolute wasters I had there before

Captaining Vardy for Leicester's upcoming demolition of Arsenal

Cheers, aye, it's the penalties that's got me hopping back and forth between the two of them. I can see a handball in the box settling it on Sunday.

Good call on Vardy as captain. He's probably the most predictable this week.

phes

Done a big hit to prep my team for next 5 gameweeks. Cleared out and cashed in all my City. Arsed cigs with pep, KdB deep, shitty fixtures. Probably end in tears but I'm behind the curve this year it seems so a new approach needed

Pope
TAA, Robbo, Chilwell, Pereira
Mane, Mount, Martial
Auba, Vardy, Tammy
(Lund, Cant, Guen)

Lost Oliver

I've had an appalling start, so much so that I don't know if there's a point in continuing to sink even more of my time into it. I'm usually top or thereabouts in the leagues I'm in but this season I'm bottom. What the balls is going on?

phes

hasn't really favoured seasoned managers so far. Seems they mostly are having to claw their way up the rankings. A combination of the average manager upping their game through improved understanding of the basics, and availability of data. Also most top managers are fairly risk averse and try to minimise the impact of luck. So when you get these seasons where someone like Leicester breaks the mould I do think they're often a step behind players who chase last week's points early in the season and hit on a streak that more cautious managers miss. A lot of top managers had a really poor year the year that Leicester won the title, for example

Kind of the reason I went mad and took a -12 last week. Thankfully paid off with a +21 gross score and set my team up for weeks. Really tough season

Lost Oliver

I feel better about myself having read that. But still feel the pressure of failure. Maybe it's time for a total reset.

Blinder Data

I wildcarded a few weeks ago and didn't bring KdB in. What a dingbat!

Sliding into mid table mediocrity. My team is Liverpool heavy so I'm going Free Hit and tempted to Bench Boost just to add to the mayhem.

phes

You can't do both in the same week

bgmnts

Never would have thought I should have captained Danny Ings this week! Blummin heck

Lost Oliver

Do we get another wildcard in Jan?

Thinking of getting Pogba in as he'll be cheaper and he went on a great run this time last year.

phes

We do

I'm looking at pogba also. Everyone else there in the middle is total shit so presumably their tactics for the remainder of the season will be give the ball to paul

Lost Oliver

Get in, that's fab news. Means I can dick around a bit more this weekend.

Problem is that Man Utd are so shit and unpredictable so I just don't know. i don't know anything anymore.

phes

I would expect them to improve a lot with Pogba back. They've been a one trick pony all season, albeit a fairly good trick. They should be able to score goals against plodders now they have someone creative. Next match against Newcastle should be exactly the litmus test a fantasy manager needs for that

Lost Oliver

Glad I brought Pogba in...

Just done a wildcard. Mulling over whether to go with Rashford or Ings. Rashwood would mean dropping TAA for someone.

phes

I had my second absurdly awful WC of the season. Usually mess one up every couple of years, but two in a season is a new low!

Highlights:

Out: Ings (9), Grealish (13), Salah (10), Cantwell (10)
In: Doherty (1), Martial (2), Rashford (2), Sterling (1)

Capped KdB (6) after shipping Salah (20)

Now have 4 players on 75% chance injuries

Dropped about 30 points compared to a do nothing scenario. Gotta laugh. Only silver lining I can find is that nine of my players have dreadful teams up next so there's some hope of a recovery

Top of the league again, thought I'd be losing the lead to Bostin Brummies who has shot up the ranks this weekend. Think this may well be my best ever year on FF, usually I'm about 1 millionth or worse.

EOLAN

Had an absolutely atrocious weekend.
And I thought I was on for a humdinger when I saw Southampton v Wolves was first game on MotD. As surely means there were plenty of goals and my matchday captain Ings must have racked up a few points.
I never learn that Foster is such a superior fantasy goalkeeper to Ederson. Even if Foster is going to concede more overall; he will make so many more save and be in line for a lot more bonus points; with City rarely looking like they will ever keep a clean sheet.
Vardy missed a penalty and me managing to get Mane in two weeks ago by shipping out Van Dijk and Richarlson hasn't reaped its rewards yet.
Cantwell with a midfield clean-sheet and three points was my (joint) top-scorer.

Mr_Simnock

Liverpool play their game in hand this game week, be interesting to see who gets played both games and who scores the most for everyone.

bgmnts

Salah and Mane are infuriating as they seem to have altermating weekends of quality. Makes it impossible to know who to captain.