Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Walking into someone else's bad breath cloud

Started by Ray Travez, July 15, 2019, 09:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Travez

Well, it happens a lot round here.... In the supermarket, mainly. Somehow for me it's worse than the fart stench, which is mercifully rare and helpfully announces its prescence before you reach the epicentre. The Breathcloud, you step sideways two feet in the yogurt aisle and bang! you're in it. Right in.

I wonder how some of these rotters are still alive. Surely the angel of death is waiting in the wings, judging by the foul pustulence of their exhalations

bgmnts

How come we are okay with the smell of our own shit but not our bad breath or body odour? Weird.

a duncandisorderly

there is no cloud, it's just someone else's germs.

Just put a cricket stump straight through their windpipe.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 15, 2019, 09:21:43 AM

fuck off with your bastard cricket shite.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Ray Travez on July 15, 2019, 09:14:19 AM
Well, it happens a lot round here.... In the supermarket, mainly. Somehow for me it's worse than the fart stench, which is mercifully rare and helpfully announces its prescence before you reach the epicentre. The Breathcloud, you step sideways two feet in the yogurt aisle and bang! you're in it. Right in.

Are you sure the smell wasn't just the yoghurt aisle?

willpurry

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 15, 2019, 09:21:43 AM

Then say 'Howzat' in an Arnie voice.

The Bumlord

Not as bad as being stuck opposite a breathmonster on the train. Awful business.

Buelligan

The breath stuff, presuming it's not from garlic or simple shit-eating (in itself a hazardous occupation on many levels, I understand), is very often a sign of illness, not badness.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Buelligan on July 15, 2019, 10:55:20 AM
The breath stuff, presuming it's not from garlic or simple shit-eating (in itself a hazardous occupation on many levels, I understand), is very often a sign of illness, not badness.

in the case of an ex of mine... actually two different exes.... serious backed-up-ness. one dump a fortnight is not healthy, woman. get some bran-flakes, fuck's sake.

seepage

How long does it take for 2L of very cheap table wine to dissipate? Asking for a friend.

Buelligan

It very much depends on what sort of dissipation one is interested in.

seepage

The sort so it's not obvious my friend has drunk 2L v.cheap table wine.

Buelligan

Send him out for a wee baggie of "Horse" and no one will be any the wiser.  That should dissipate him sufficiently.

imitationleather

Quote from: seepage on July 15, 2019, 12:31:43 PM
How long does it take for 2L of very cheap table wine to dissipate? Asking for a friend.

If you have it with your breakfast unless your commute involves circling the earth by the time you get to work it still won't be gone. Sorry.

Ray Travez

Quote from: bgmnts on July 15, 2019, 09:17:16 AM
How come we are okay with the smell of our own shit but not our bad breath or body odour? Weird.

I don't mind my own b.o., as long as it's not been around too long. Something quite earthy about it. I think that the real reek of bo is from milk. I'm convinced of it. If I don't drink milk for a few weeks, there's no smell, but it's always noticeable a few hours after I've drunk it.

I think there's some science about why we don't mind our own farts, but are repulsed by the smell of other people's. Can't remember it though, guess I filed it under 'not useful'. 

Replies From View

You can dilute your B.O. masterfully by drinking enough fucking water for a day.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: imitationleather on July 15, 2019, 12:52:05 PM
If you have it with your breakfast unless your commute involves circling the earth by the time you get to work it still won't be gone. Sorry.

I'm an astronaut on the ISS, so I should be fine. btw, I can see your garden from here, & the neighbour's cat has been shitting in your flower beds. looks like he had squirrel for supper.