Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:53:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Weaponisation of anti-Semitism

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 15, 2019, 01:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Some coordination, but a lot of 'pile on' aswell.

Buelligan

It's similar to the "demented" thing.  If you say this, you are automatically beyond the pale. 

If you're a political journalist, politician or public figure, there comes a point where, if you wish to continue working, you must agree that the Emperor is finely dressed indeed.  See Chris Williamson.

In all societies there are taboo subjects, I'm pretty sure of that.  I'd argue that we should work to free ourselves of the need for these.
But this is new anyway, this is something manufactured, not to protect but to advance a political agenda by undemocratic means.  That's not OK at all.

pancreas

I appreciate people think this is very important in light of recent events, but I kind of lost all interest in it when Ian Botham retired.

Absorb the anus burn

They'll never go away...... No racism reports or member suspensions will be enough for the wolves who want the Labour party lead by a safe and controlled establishment individual.

The AS accusations suit the media, the Tories, the Blairites, hostile foreign agents... Blasts of toxic air to distract the nation from Labour's radical and transformative policies and to punish the membership for not picking an approved-candidate.

For a number of reasons I think the shark has been pole-vaulted, but they will continue to antagonise Labour party members, hoping a lifelong antifa tree-hugging Corbynista will do something beyond the pale.

Pdine

Quote from: pancreas on July 16, 2019, 08:37:07 AM
The Panorama going out despite serious inaccuracies is enough to convince me of coordination.

Like-minded people coordinate; that's not that remarkable. The BBC is largely staffed by Blairites.

BlodwynPig

Rod Liddle howling about the Lefty BBC at Emily Maitliss. The guy from People's Vote got it right when he said to Liddle "you are the establishment"

Buelligan

Quote from: Pdine on July 16, 2019, 09:43:07 AM
Like-minded people coordinate; that's not that remarkable. The BBC is largely staffed by Blairites.

Which is why it's supposed to by guided by guidelines, regulated to avoid bias.  When was the last time you heard a BBC journalist introducing Jimmy Carr as a notorious antisemite?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 16, 2019, 09:35:59 AM
They'll never go away...... No racism reports or member suspensions will be enough for the wolves who want the Labour party lead by a safe and controlled establishment individual.

Exactly. Can you remember when all the fuss and gnashing was due to Labour not accepting the full IHRA definition? Seems like halcyon days now.

Buelligan

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 16, 2019, 10:12:06 AM
Exactly. Can you remember when all the fuss and gnashing David-Colliering was due to Labour not accepting the full IHRA definition? Seems like halcyon days now.

FTFY, in the interests of accuracy.

pancreas

Quote from: Pdine on July 16, 2019, 09:43:07 AM

So there's definitely coordination? Earlier in this thread that would have made me a conspiracy theorist.

a duncandisorderly

meanwhile watermelon piccaninny philanderer moves into number 10 largely unchallenged by the MSM over his epithets.

>shrug<

NoSleep

Johnson essentially said Trump shouldn't say that kind of thing; implying it was OK to hold such opinions.

Buelligan

I saw that, disgusting man.

The people who are afraid of Corbyn, they need to look at what these cunts have done and will do to British life.  They're probably isolated from the degradations of poverty and exclusion being visited on the poor but they must see that if one creates a big enough, damaged enough, underclass, those people can either politely kill themselves or eventually rise up and kill those that oppress them.

Wouldn't it be better if you let kind Mr Corbyn have a bit of your money now, in exchange for not having to step over any bodies when you're popping into the Conran Shop for an emergency wedding gift? 

In the long term, it makes sense because [spoiler alert] we are definitely not going to kill ourselves.

José

it's amusing to hear the same voices who were shreiking about "cultural marxism" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Bolshevism) a couple of years ago now pointing an accusatory finger and screaming "anti-semite!"

it's amazing how a considerable injection of israel lobby capital will instantly curb the right wingers use of a.wyatt mann's happy merchant meme.

for a short while at least.

lipsink

Durham Miners' Association hits back at Rachel Riley:

Original Tweet:

This doesn't look good for Riley!

Gerald Fjord

Wait, what the fuck point was she trying to make in the first place? Are brass bands antisemitic now? Is anything vaguely related with the left now a Hitler?

imitationleather

She seemed to be under the impression it was a Corbyn rally. Still batshit.

bgmnts

We're saying Jeremy Corybn is the Grandmaster of the Klan now? Eh?

sponk

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on July 16, 2019, 02:25:21 PM
She seemed to be under the impression it was a Corbyn rally. Still batshit.

Misguided post Imi. The still implies that if it were a Corbyn rally playing a Jewish tune would have been problematic as he is Hitler

Even Hitler wouldn't play a Jewish tune at Nurnberg.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Absolutely batshit, just spoiling for a fight and who cares who gets hurt.  The dreadful intolerant judgmental twitter troll.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 16, 2019, 02:36:48 PM
Misguided post Imi. The still implies that if it were a Corbyn rally playing a Jewish tune would have been problematic as he is Hitler

Even Hitler wouldn't play a Jewish tune at Nurnberg.

Hey I'm half asleep over here! Cut me some slack!

Pdine

Quote from: pancreas on July 16, 2019, 10:20:27 AM
So there's definitely coordination? Earlier in this thread that would have made me a conspiracy theorist.

No - obviously a journalist pitching a story and their like-minded editor OKing it is coordination of a kind. It's just not conspiratorial.

lipsink

Laura Pidcock's interview with that SKY prick made me really sad. Especially when she said "Does anyone realise the fear this is putting on Jewish communities?"
It's just despicable what the media are doing. Focusing again and again on a tiny percentage of complaints to just get rid of Corbyn. And they don't seem to care. I really hope more people become aware of it the more aggressive their tactics are becoming. Shame on them.

boki

It's about time these miners were taken to task over their blackface antics, frankly.

kngen

Surely showing Black Panther at a Klan rally would be a good idea if it opened a few minds. What she really wants to say is 'Showing Birth of a Nation at a Black Lives Matter rally' but that would equate Hava Negila with the baddies. Really hasn't thought that one through, has she?

Flouncer

Once the ball gets rolling with something like this, the people propagating it don't have to conspire; it has been repeated enough times that it has effectively become reality in spite of the lack of evidence to support it. In all likelihood those involved earnestly believe their own bullshit, spurred on by loads of other people saying the same thing. It's not as simple as people knowingly proliferating a smear (though I have no doubt there are a substantial number of them who know exactly what they're doing).

Buelligan

Quote from: Pdine on July 16, 2019, 02:48:04 PM
No - obviously a journalist pitching a story and their like-minded editor OKing it is coordination of a kind. It's just not conspiratorial.

I think it is conspiratorial when they evade and ignore the guidelines they're well aware of to do that.  And when it's not just one article but day after day after years of blanket focus and repetition.  And when literally thousands of people are talking about it, complaining about it but still they choose to continue, regardless.  I think that is a form of conspiracy.

BlodwynPig

Oh, for Leveson... a smoke and mirrors escapade that led to this, the gutter press mutant all glowing with radioactive spite.