Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Far Cry 4 and 5 [split topic]

Started by biggytitbo, July 13, 2019, 07:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

I played far cry 4 recently after picking it up for a few quid and it was similarly enjoyable in that classic, undemanding far cry way.

Ferris

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on January 27, 2016, 02:59:08 AM
You know what? I like cars/copters in these games, also that bomb dropping owl is daft bullshit2.

Flying around in clapped-out helicopters dropping grenades on baddies, crashing the aircraft into a nearby building, leaping out the wreckage and strafing the remaining cadre of faceless baddies with a select-fire rifle is the essence of these games.

Fancy a game built around this mechanic, but with no helicopters, firearms, or grenades? Pass.

Bazooka

Nah mate you just ain't primitive enough, you are a VR. I've been playing this for a month, taking beasts, smashing heads with clubs and burning people just can't get enough, even though I know I'm just just doing the same over,almost conquered the map.

How is FarCry 5? I played 2&3, not 4. I had 1 on Xbox but Play.com sent me the German version so never got passed the settings menu.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Far Cry 5 is....more Far Cry. Skip the story and cutscenes. I quite enjoyed it, some fun missions, shooting is satisfactory, presentation and design is neat, the map is lovely, you get to have a bear and a lion as pets. If you can get it dirt cheap or pirate it then give it a go. If you like Far Cry games that is.

Bazooka

But FC4 had yetis in it didnt i? I'll hit that up first.

biggytitbo

Having played both recently I'd say 5 is definitely better, more refined, more variety. They get rid of the towers too, although I didn't mind that too much in 4 as it least they amounted to a kind of puzzle each time.

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 16, 2019, 08:32:22 AM
Having played both recently I'd say 5 is definitely better, more refined, more variety. They get rid of the towers too, although I didn't mind that too much in 4 as it least they amounted to a kind of puzzle each time.

I liked the towers as well. FC3 has a nice balance, now I think about it was essentially exactly the same as FC5 but reskinned to faux-Nepal instead of Montana.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I even quite enjoyed New Dawn even though it was...well more Far Cry. The partners weren't quite as fun or useful, the story was wack, but a fun little base building aspect. So if you can acquire it and you like  Far Cry games then do it.

3 Anuses out of 5.

Ferris

Where will the next one be?

Calling it now - on the moon. Satellites, moon rovers, laser rifles, the lot.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Wasn't there a DLC set on Mars for FC5?

Ferris

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 16, 2019, 08:59:46 PM
Wasn't there a DLC set on Mars for FC5?

Not the moon though is it? And they can do the old "slightly rebadge it and sell it as a new product" thing they do so well. Mars is red? Make it grey! Done.

biggytitbo

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 16, 2019, 08:56:59 PM
Where will the next one be?

Calling it now - on the moon. Satellites, moon rovers, laser rifles, the lot.

I've thought they should do an Assassin's Creed game set in the far future for ages, but Far Cry will do just aswell.

biggytitbo

A Far cry game set in the area around Pontefract and Castleford would be good too.

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 16, 2019, 10:25:37 PM

I've thought they should do an Assassin's Creed game set in the far future for ages, but Far Cry will do just aswell.

I'd like a decent RPG/FPS game set in space but the COWARDS at all the game developers haven't given us one.

Bazooka

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 16, 2019, 11:00:24 PM
A Far cry game set in the area around Pontefract and Castleford would be good too.

Most of the map is set in a food bank. Press square to harvest the Lynx Africa.

Abnormal Palm

I have played one hour of Far Cry 5 because the price is cheap enough to accept on the Microsoft XBOX Marketplace. 19 euros. The videogame story is always low level because of low capacity writers, directors and actors but I fell off the edge of my seat with Far Cry 5 for five minutes. The music, the bad guys reaction, they always flinch and look nervous, the talks from the Bible. Truly atmospheric. I really thought that the cops would get away but they did not have chance. Amazing start, you know? Soon I killed many men from behind with a metal shovel and boat's oar and liberated the den and hideaway on the small isle where the start of the game takes place.

Is the game beautiful? It is really beautiful. Beautiful light, flowers, grass, trees. It really reminds of Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 but more beautiful and like real. Please play this game for a cheap price. It is truly the next generation Far Cry game.

Bazooka

I downloaded far cry 4 with all the dlc because I'm a dumb Slut, not had time to play it yet, maybe this weekend, I will keep doing the same thing and cry.

kalowski

Well, I just got Far Cry 5 for £6.99 on the Play Station site, although I have just started up another go of RDR2 so could be a while before I get to start it (I'm nailing as many side missions as possible).