Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,191
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaping DMT

Started by fatguyranting, July 16, 2019, 02:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

Anyone ever had a bad experience on DMT? One thing that puts me off is the fear that the smoke.alarm will go off or someo will bang on the door mid-trip. Can't imagine what that would be like.

fatguyranting

"Hello fatguyranting, please describe your experience and why it felt important with as much detail/clarity as possible. Thanks."

It's quite difficult to translate the experience into words despite me writing for a living. In short after huffing the pipe I closed my eyes and instantly arrived at what felt like a cathedral of sorts, one that was decorated by constantly moving brightly coloured lines and exploding triangles of red and green. The weirdest thing was how familiar it all felt, like I'd been there before and the distant figures I saw on the margins had been waiting for me all along. Lying dormant until I decided to pay them a quick visit. They didn't speak but I had a powerful sense that they were very pleased to see me. They encouraged me to open my eyes and face the bright sunshine (we were out in the garden). When I did I spent what felt like hours (in truth a few minutes) looking at the plants surrounding me and realising that I could make out their circulatory systems, the life running through them mimicking my own heartbeat, as if we were all part of the same living structure. The little folk laughing now, very pleased they had been given the chance to show me just where I stood in the grand scheme of things.

On a less cosmic note the hangover so to speak lasted around twenty minutes and consisted of less intense visuals and a sense that I had really been on a magical journey. I self medicated with some ice cold Stella's and went to bed early after eating some prawn balls and curry sauce from the dodgy Chinese next to the bus station.

It was strange because I enjoyed to so much but have no strong desire to repeat the experience any time soon, although if I do I know for a stone cold fact that my little buddies will be sat waiting for me.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: fatguyranting on July 17, 2019, 09:20:45 AM
"Hello fatguyranting, please describe your experience and why it felt important with as much detail/clarity as possible. Thanks."

It's quite difficult to translate the experience into words despite me writing for a living. In short after huffing the pipe I closed my eyes and instantly arrived at what felt like a cathedral of sorts, one that was decorated by constantly moving brightly coloured lines and exploding triangles of red and green. The weirdest thing was how familiar it all felt, like I'd been there before and the distant figures I saw on the margins had been waiting for me all along. Lying dormant until I decided to pay them a quick visit. They didn't speak but I had a powerful sense that they were very pleased to see me. They encouraged me to open my eyes and face the bright sunshine (we were out in the garden). When I did I spent what felt like hours (in truth a few minutes) looking at the plants surrounding me and realising that I could make out their circulatory systems, the life running through them mimicking my own heartbeat, as if we were all part of the same living structure. The little folk laughing now, very pleased they had been given the chance to show me just where I stood in the grand scheme of things.

On a less cosmic note the hangover so to speak lasted around twenty minutes and consisted of less intense visuals and a sense that I had really been on a magical journey. I self medicated with some ice cold Stella's and went to bed early after eating some prawn balls and curry sauce from the dodgy Chinese next to the bus station.

It was strange because I enjoyed to so much but have no strong desire to repeat the experience any time soon, although if I do I know for a stone cold fact that my little buddies will be sat waiting for me.

The banality of cosmic life

BlodwynPig

I've recounted here before the time I had a severe hypoglycaemia at night and disappeared into a nightmare that felt like aeons - no psychedelic vision, just a feeling of being trapped for millennia searching for a way out of a landscape that was a blurred ochre tunnel. It was hell. Aeons in minutes real-time. I was literally crawling up the curtains and only survived by somehow opening the front door to the shared hallway and the bright lights bringing me back to reality and sugar.

ZoyzaSorris

Great little tonic for the nerves. Wonderful afterglow. Kind of a shortcut to the benefits of meditation, renewed sensitivity to the world around you and your emotional connections with others, enhanced sensory awareness, you have to work to keep these effects going though. Dusts off the cobwebs.

touchingcloth

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 09:14:35 AM
Anyone ever had a bad experience on DMT? One thing that puts me off is the fear that the smoke.alarm will go off or someo will bang on the door mid-trip. Can't imagine what that would be like.

I've never taken it. The only hallucinogenic drug I've tried is Salvia divinorum before headshops were banned, and it sounds similar in its strength of effect and shortness of duration.

The trip must have lasted ten minutes at the most, but in that ten minutes I became a row of terraced houses for about a century. What do I mean by that? I mean I became terraced houses.

If a fire alarm had gone off I would have been fucked because most of the hallucinations were in my mind rather than overlaid on top of my actual senses - I was effectively blind and deaf to the real world for the duration. The only exceptions were at the very start (when I reached for a bottle of coke to sort out the throat fucking a bong full of so-dried-it's-black paper leaf had given me, and the curve of my hand around the bottle morphed in front of my eyes into the line of terraces I became), and the very end (when I came to, and sat up from the bed with the accompanying sensation of the terraces being pulled from their foundations, and then spent some time needing the toilet but not leaving the room because I thought my friend's PC tower with its glowing LEDs was some kind of warden who would not let me leave the room).

DMT? Dunno, MATE.

BlodwynPig

Norton Canes

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 16, 2019, 03:50:24 PM
Can I just clarify, I'm only after the elevated rectal temperature

Update: had a go last night, spent three hours with a sphincter like a toasted bagel. Bliss.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 17, 2019, 09:45:13 AM
I've never taken it. The only hallucinogenic drug I've tried is Salvia divinorum before headshops were banned, and it sounds similar in its strength of effect and shortness of duration.

The trip must have lasted ten minutes at the most, but in that ten minutes I became a row of terraced houses for about a century. What do I mean by that? I mean I became terraced houses.

If a fire alarm had gone off I would have been fucked because most of the hallucinations were in my mind rather than overlaid on top of my actual senses - I was effectively blind and deaf to the real world for the duration. The only exceptions were at the very start (when I reached for a bottle of coke to sort out the throat fucking a bong full of so-dried-it's-black paper leaf had given me, and the curve of my hand around the bottle morphed in front of my eyes into the line of terraces I became), and the very end (when I came to, and sat up from the bed with the accompanying sensation of the terraces being pulled from their foundations, and then spent some time needing the toilet but not leaving the room because I thought my friend's PC tower with its glowing LEDs was some kind of warden who would not let me leave the room).

DMT? Dunno, MATE.

Ive only ever tried mild doses of salvia (in low dose it is a great meditative aid as well) but from what I gather high dose salvia is a much harsher and stranger experience than DMT, which whilst very powerful generally feels warm and welcoming.

Puce Moment

The final (usually third or fourth) hit of DMT is so hard to do because you can feel yourself liftting off, and the flame from the lighter becomes purple and orange cones or orbiting spheres and you have to somehow remember what you are trying to do. A bit like eating a sandwich whilst driving.

I sat on the floor with no sounds (I didn't want to be grounded in the room at all) just the smell of an incense candle burning. I also did not do this with a sitter which is a massive no-no - it really is a stupid thing to do, but my experience with changa gave me some confidence. I put a wet towel underneath me and the bong so that any spillage would not start a fire.

It was a wild experience - the main issue is not being able to remember much of what is happening. At first I kept telling myself "you have to remember to tell yourself about this afterwards" because you become opened up to what feels like cosmic secrets. The one I remember from last night was to tell myself that we are all on flat plains or platforms made of dark matter even though everything in the universe seems circular and three-dimensional. After that it's just whooshing, flying, landing in blobs, saying hello to the 'people' who were close to me. I felt they were guiding me to the white orb which I think was how I could have had a 'breakthrough'. But I did not want to go. I just didn't feel ready yet.

The experience is captured quite well by those folks at Drugslab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhdGiMDYtA&t

Later on, I decided to watch some comedy to reset myself, but I underestimated the psychedelic effects of the changa, so I was getting visuals. To be precise I was watching Joe Thomas frantically rubbing his eraser to try to make it disappear and it looked incredible. I rewound and watched it three times.

But it is odd that you come away not necessarily needing to do it again in a hurry. It has a very satiating effect in that way.

sponk

Anyone tried 2CB? I did a couple of weeks ago, pretty moderate dose, but it was the most intense psychedelic trip I've ever had. Possibly because I wasn't expecting much from it.

Puce Moment

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 04:31:59 PMAnyone tried 2CB? I did a couple of weeks ago, pretty moderate dose, but it was the most intense psychedelic trip I've ever had. Possibly because I wasn't expecting much from it.

How long did it last? I have heard varying reports.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Those two in that Drugslab video were certainly not what I was expecting from people regularly taking quite powerful mind altering drugs. They could easily pass for children's TV presenters. The shaman looked alright though, wafting his thing about.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

sponk

Quote from: Puce Moment on July 17, 2019, 04:43:01 PM
How long did it last? I have heard varying reports.

So have I, which is why the sheer intensity and length (four or five hours) took me by surprise. Face melting in the mirror, closed and open eye hallucinations total loss of concept of time and spacial awareness. Didn't know what the fuck anything was. Lay down listening to music but I couldn't "hear" the music or "feel" the bed, I was experiencing them in a completely new way, as if I was a part of them.  I'd stupidly left my room messy and bed unmade before tripping, so the discomfort from that weaved into my trip and made it unpleasant at times.

Listen to JP, guys.

imitationleather

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 17, 2019, 05:11:38 PM
Those two in that Drugslab video were certainly not what I was expecting from people regularly taking quite powerful mind altering drugs. They could easily pass for children's TV presenters. The shaman looked alright though, wafting his thing about.

Heh. I thought that too. They seemed so damned wholesome. Still, I would actually prefer kids to be watching this stuff rather than Logan Paul or Jordan Peterson.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 17, 2019, 05:11:38 PMThose two in that Drugslab video were certainly not what I was expecting from people regularly taking quite powerful mind altering drugs. They could easily pass for children's TV presenters. The shaman looked alright though, wafting his thing about.

They are all Dutch so culturally they just don't have that seedy, dark association with drugs.

Puce Moment

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 05:19:22 PM
So have I, which is why the sheer intensity and length (four or five hours) took me by surprise. Face melting in the mirror, closed and open eye hallucinations total loss of concept of time and spacial awareness. Didn't know what the fuck anything was. Lay down listening to music but I couldn't "hear" the music or "feel" the bed, I was experiencing them in a completely new way, as if I was a part of them.  I'd stupidly left my room messy and bed unmade before tripping, so the discomfort from that weaved into my trip and made it unpleasant at times.

Listen to JP, guys.

This description of tripping is what has always put me off. The visual distortions on DMT are just very beautiful, patterned, alternating colours and textures and a strong feeling of being welcome to this new place. I didn't see my hands turn into artichokes or any shit like that. It's also just so short. The thought of tripping my testicles off for 5-hours really puts me off.

I say this because I have some psilocybin truffles that I intend to take next week and I am gearing up for a longer trip.

boki

[TAG]Beach Boys urged to re-write by nervous label executives[/TAG]

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: boki on July 17, 2019, 05:32:46 PM
[TAG]Beach Boys urged to re-write by nervous label executives[/TAG]

Superb!

sponk

Quote from: Puce Moment on July 17, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
This description of tripping is what has always put me off. The visual distortions on DMT are just very beautiful, patterned, alternating colours and textures and a strong feeling of being welcome to this new place. I didn't see my hands turn into artichokes or any shit like that. It's also just so short. The thought of tripping my testicles off for 5-hours really puts me off.

I say this because I have some psilocybin truffles that I intend to take next week and I am gearing up for a longer trip.

I should note that the overall experience was interesting and not negative at all. I think it could have been very positive if I could have controlled it more, or just observed it without worrying. I wonder if I took a stronger dose it would help me get over any anxiety during the next one. That is a scary thought though.

Puce Moment

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 05:38:58 PMI should note that the overall experience was interesting and not negative at all. I think it could have been very positive if I could have controlled it more, or just observed it without worrying. I wonder if I took a stronger dose it would help me get over any anxiety during the next one. That is a scary thought though.

Doing research on DMT and Ayahuasca for the last few weeks it is interesting to see that 'pushing through' becomes important as advice. In that video above you can see that the kid THINKS he has had enough by the second hit but the shaman keeps helping him push through to make the DMT work most productively. I could imagine taking small amounts of DMT might just make you feel unpleasantly odd and unsettled - whereas entering the full trip just pushes normal, trivial, 'real world' thoughts away because they become meaningless.

Ferris

Quote from: sponk on July 17, 2019, 04:31:59 PM
Anyone tried 2CB? I did a couple of weeks ago, pretty moderate dose, but it was the most intense psychedelic trip I've ever had. Possibly because I wasn't expecting much from it.

Yeah, small dose probably 10+ years ago. It was alright

garbed_attic

Did mushrooms while supervised by two priests. Started out nicely listening to Air and The Orb, but it was a mistake to follow them up with Boards of Canada and The Legendary Pink Dots with all their semi-subliminal satanic bad vibes. Soon enough I had strewn off my clothes and once I was back in my boxers apparently spent two hours confessing about my ex-girlfriend guilt and fear that my best friend had finally overdosed and died, which formed part of a terrifying mind-loop in which I kept through through a corridor only to find myself back in the study of the Jungian priest and his friend. Also, apparently I tried to kiss the priest's friend on the lips, but he let me give his cheek instead, so I guess that could have been worse and I avoided piling up too much more guilt. Nightmarish, but fairly purging and I did some really satisfying vomiting in the bathroom at the end of it. 2/10 for the experience, but 7/10 for the comedown.

Otherwise I've done weed once, which I found far, far less intense. But then that was just a puff or two whereas I consumed a good 8 grams of mushrooms under advice from the priest and his friend.

Dannyhood91

I've been invited to do this with some mates in Newcastle. I'm very interested in trying it but I'm just curious if the chances of a bad trip and any other potential risks.

Cuntbeaks

With DMT it doesn't matter how much you prepare yourself or psych yourself up. As soon as it hits, the change in consciousness is so profound and complete that what went before is irrelevant.

kittens

there is a small chance - maybe 3 or 4 percent - that you will be irrevocably transformed into an alien.

Dannyhood91

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on July 22, 2019, 05:19:34 PM
With DMT it doesn't matter how much you prepare yourself or psych yourself up. As soon as it hits, the change in consciousness is so profound and complete that what went before is irrelevant.

So things like a bit of nervousness about actually doing DMT won't play a part in what happens?