Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,382
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

We (not me) landed on the moon

Started by kalowski, July 16, 2019, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Right, I know everyone here is joking about the moon landings not being real but here's some ammunition if you run into a fuckwit denier in the wild.

Click for bigger.

On the left is an image taken during the ascent of Apollo 17 back to lunar orbit and on the right an image from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in the last decade.

There's plenty more at this wiki page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Lordofthefiles

"They've just copied the one on the left in photoshop... and that was a film of a scale model in the first place"

Haven't you played this before?
There's an answer for everything!

Bazooka

A point that is never mentioned astonishingly, is its a well know fact the astronauts were all heavily lactose intolerant, and the moon is made of cheese.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: imitationleather on July 17, 2019, 12:13:25 AM
The Russians and USA actually got on well in private. The Cold War was created to distract the public because Twitter hadn't been invented yet.

If you were to look up at local noon in Russia and the US, you would see a sun at both places.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Replies From View on July 17, 2019, 11:16:57 AM
If I landed on the moon I reckon I'd sprain my ankle really badly.

Ergo nobody has ever landed on the moon.

"I hope ma leg don't break.... wanking on the moon"

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Alberon on July 17, 2019, 11:29:56 AM
Right, I know everyone here is joking about the moon landings not being real but here's some ammunition if you run into a fuckwit denier in the wild.

Click for bigger.

On the left is an image taken during the ascent of Apollo 17 back to lunar orbit and on the right an image from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in the last decade.

There's plenty more at this wiki page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

they get back to the moon in 2024 & find the rover, with seven & a half thousand parking tickets pinned to the seat.

vanilla.coffee

The cabin space the three Apollo men resided in for the 8 day mission was barely bigger than a bedroom wardrobe.
Imagine the smell !

imitationleather

EbbyVale

Headlines on my Google News home page today:

"Moon landing SHOCK: Neil Armstrong admitted 'it was a sham' in incredibly candid interview"  from Express.co.uk

and

"Why are there so many conspiracies around moon landing?"  also from Express.co.uk

Presumably the article in #2 is just "Oh, right, us."

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: EbbyVale on July 17, 2019, 02:15:15 PM
"Moon landing SHOCK: Neil Armstrong admitted 'it was a sham' in incredibly candid interview"  from Express.co.uk

I just googled it...total clickbait.  Yes he said "it was a sham" but he's referring to his display of confidence being a sham, because he was shitting himself, as is clear when you read the article.  Socalled "proper" newspapers shouldn't resort to this shit to get you to read articles.

EbbyVale

Yes, I figured it was something like that--that the quote was legit but the meaning not as implied--but didn't want to give them the click.  Thanks for confirming it's as shit as it seemed.

Keebleman

BBC World Service has produced a pretty good series of podcasts called 13 Minutes to the Moon.  The title refers to the time it took the lunar lander to descend to the moon's surface after decoupling from the command module.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2?fbclid=IwAR1aCYfsBKsUJgt9-IjakNix5p-0jGFf3hIETgk-oImpTbx1a3rdfU_dllo

The narrator's voice is pretty annoying though.  He's a prime exponent of what Clive James used to call 'plonking', emphasizing random WORDS as if talking to a CLASS of not very bright CHILDREN.  Also he at one point pronounces the phrase 'In a sense' as 'Innocence' and another time, very amusingly, says thighs instead of flies.

Replies From View

Why is he even talking about flies?

jake thunder

Quote from: Keebleman on July 17, 2019, 03:58:03 PM
BBC World Service has produced a pretty good series of podcasts called 13 Minutes to the Moon.  The title refers to the time it took the lunar lander to descend to the moon's surface after decoupling from the command module.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2?fbclid=IwAR1aCYfsBKsUJgt9-IjakNix5p-0jGFf3hIETgk-oImpTbx1a3rdfU_dllo

The narrator's voice is pretty annoying though.  He's a prime exponent of what Clive James used to call 'plonking', emphasizing random WORDS as if talking to a CLASS of not very bright CHILDREN.  Also he at one point pronounces the phrase 'In a sense' as 'Innocence' and another time, very amusingly, says thighs instead of flies.

Yeah I've been listening to this but have given up on it this week due to: a) it somehow making the Apollo missions sound boring b) Hans Zimmer's pedestrian / wank score.

Alberon

Quote from: Replies From View on July 17, 2019, 05:32:17 PM

Because of the giant sentient moon flies each one the size of a car. I don't know why NASA edited them out of most shots. You'd have have thought it would have generated extra funding for the agency.

Keebleman

Quote from: Replies From View on July 17, 2019, 05:32:17 PM

It was a reference to the 3rd person singular present tense form of the verb 'to fly', rather than the insect.

I've found the moment.  It's in ep 7, focussing on Michael Collins, and probably my favourite of the ones I've heard so far.  At about 19 mins there's a snippet of recording of Collins on the spacecraft saying, "Flies like a spacecraft instead of a simulator."  The narrator repeats the phrase putting his unique spin on it.

Shit Good Nose

Two pages in and biggy's not waved his conspiracock around yet.  Maybe he finally accepts it did happen...

a duncandisorderly

I wish it had been the other michael collins & he'd crashed the rocket into westminister. boom. no more 'troubles'.

jake thunder

What is the most compelling evidence (or lack of evidence) that the conspiracy twats have?

Something about a flapping flag? Or not understanding exposure times on cameras?

Twit 2

They have no credible evidence whatsoever. If you think the moon landings didn't happen you are a fuckwit of the first degree. Desperate stuff.

buzby

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 17, 2019, 10:57:50 AM
leaving the magnetosphere's the dangerous bit. one decent-sized solar flare & you're fucked.

buzby will be along in a minute to elaborate, but in the meantime, there was a lot of good fortune involved besides the math(s) & science & gasoline.
They were incredibly lucky on the solar flare front, particularly in 1972 as there was a massive solar storm in August between the Apollo 16 mission in April and the Apollo 17 mission in December where it was esimated that anyone on the moon's surface would have been exposed to 400 rem of radiation, enough to cause irreperable damage to the bone marrow and a result in 50% chance of fatality within 60 days.

However, even the thin the aluminum hulls of the LEM and CSM would have attenuated the exposure to less than 35 rem, which is the difference between needing a bone marrow transplant and just causing a headache. NASA were monitoring for solar flares during the missions and if detected the astronauts would have been instructed to stay inside the LEM.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: gne on July 18, 2019, 01:13:05 PM

"Yes yes, the rocket's fine and working great, but can I use this to fuck my mom and/or dead dog?"

mothman

bgmnts

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 17, 2019, 02:32:48 PM
I just googled it...total clickbait.  Yes he said "it was a sham" but he's referring to his display of confidence being a sham, because he was shitting himself, as is clear when you read the article.  Socalled "proper" newspapers shouldn't resort to this shit to get you to read articles.

Would have been ace if Armstrong actually shat himself on the moon.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: gne on July 18, 2019, 01:13:05 PM

"Now this looks just like an innocent rocket valve and you can leave it on your desk, but if you stick your cock in this hole..."

Ambient Sheep

You have no idea how close you are.

I finally got fed up with not knowing who the chap in the photo was, so I googled.  Whatever else I may have expected, I didn't expect this:

Quote from: WikipediaIn December 1945 [he] began a series of rituals based on Enochian magic during which he masturbated onto magical tablets, accompanied by Sergei Prokofiev's Second Violin Concerto.  [He described] this magical operation as the Babalon Working...

However:

Quote from: Wikipedia[The] initial reports [of his death] focused on [his] prominence in rocketry but neglected to mention his occult interests. When asked for comment, Aerojet secretary-treasurer T.E. Beehan said that [he] "liked to wander, but he was one of the top men in the field".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

1945 was a stressful time for everyone.

Keebleman

BBC have got a new clip of James Burke reminiscing about the live broadcast he fronted with Cliff Michelmore and Patrick Moore 50 years ago.  He was a regular on TV until about 1980, then just vanished.  If he had stuck around he could, possibly, be enjoying something like Attenborough-style status now (though he was never held in equal esteem at the time - Clive James, for example, hated him).  He looks and sounds in good shape, so what the hell happened to him?