Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Where would I least like to live out of those two places?

Hmmm... It's a real thinker. I have met some nice people from Boro. But they got the fuck out of there the first chance they got. Luton is just full of Tommy Robinsons, isn't it?

Yep. It's a proper thinker alright.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on August 03, 2019, 12:08:05 AM
Where would I least like to live out of those two places?

Hmmm... It's a real thinker. I have met some nice people from Boro. But they got the fuck out of there the first chance they got. Luton is just full of Tommy Robinsons, isn't it?

Yep. It's a proper thinker alright.

I like Middlesborough, a good place to lose yourself in melancholy and nostalgia. Luton is feral.

jobotic

Hang on Salford City and Stockport County at home on the same day? Hosting Stevenage and Maidenhead?

Hooligans at the services madness!

sevendaughters

Crusty the Pie missed a pen for Wigan today, get rid of him.

Tranmere having a rough welcome to the big time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 03, 2019, 04:13:20 PM
Crusty the Pie missed a pen for Wigan today, get rid of him.

Tranmere having a rough welcome to the big time.

I can imagine us going goalless all season and finishing below even Bury

sevendaughters

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 03, 2019, 04:15:08 PM
I can imagine us going goalless all season and finishing below even Bury

sounds like a rock'n'roll finish at Prenton.

Can't believe we beat Cardiff after falling behind and missing a penalty.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 03, 2019, 05:01:28 PM
sounds like a rock'n'roll finish at Prenton.

Can't believe we beat Cardiff after falling behind and missing a penalty.

Well done. Our season long loan from Villa got the red card. At least we got a couple of goals even if one was an OG

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 03, 2019, 05:08:10 PM
Well done. Our season long loan from Villa got the red card. At least we got a couple of goals even if one was an OG

That loanee is supposed to be the Next Big Thing, but I quietly suspect he is shit.

PowerButchi

Wrexham. National League champions 2019-20.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: PowerButchi on August 03, 2019, 06:14:48 PM
Wrexham. National League champions 2019-20.

Not with JJ Hooper up front you're not.

imitationleather

Gateshead limped to a very anaemic 0:0 draw against Southport.

If they don't learn that you're supposed to try and shoot at the goal at least once per match it could be a long old season for them in the Vanarama North, or whatever the league is called.

finnquark

Quote from: imitationleather on August 03, 2019, 06:30:39 PM
Gateshead limped to a very anaemic 0:0 draw against Southport.

If they don't learn that you're supposed to try and shoot at the goal at least once per match it could be a long old season for them in the Vanarama North, or whatever the league is called.

Decent side Southport, decent manager, decent old pros, decent side, decent club, proper club. We lost 3-1 at home to York after taking the lead - put a large sum on them to win the league right now, you won't regret it. Proper club, decent side.

imitationleather

Whoever it was who wears #7 for Southport looked like he was too good for this level.

I was surprised to see York have fallen this low. I'm sure they were a league team when I used to go and see them when I lived there.

finnquark

Probably Devarn Green, one of their better players. We beat York home and away last year but they've got Watson as manager (lured him back end of last season when the shit hit the fan at the Heed). They've signed Maguire from Blyth, Pond from Fylde, and most importantly, big fat Steve McNulty from Tranmere. He'll boss this league completely, they should be even shorter odds to go up.

BlodwynPig

finnquark

Nah not really, we lost to the champions elect.

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

Quote from: finnquark on August 03, 2019, 07:10:23 PM
Probably Devarn Green, one of their better players.

Just Googled him. Aye, that's the guy. If he'd actually had someone in the Gateshead penalty area to cross to the score could have ended up being painful.

EOLAN

For one week I get to feel like a glory hunting bastard. Matty Phillips' inch perfect shot. Come on you Baggies.

bgmnts

QuoteTo the Fulham fan that decided to hit my sister at the game today and his wife who justified his action with racist remarks I hope your proud of yourself and feel like a big man. You'll get what's coming to you. Regardless how you felt about the result your actions are shameful🤬

Cyrus Christie's twitter.

Inspector Norse

Oldham with their new French manager (used to manage Monaco apparently but he's spent a decade clubhopping in the Middle East and we all know he's just the owner's latest yesman) lost 1-0 to Forest Green.

What the fuck even is Forest Green? That's not a professional football team. It's a pub. It's a colour you reject when choosing paint for the bedroom. It's where Robin Hood practices his archery. Where did they come from, why are they in our division and why are they beating us when our owner has said he has a PLAN to get us into the Championship in five years, max?

North of Manchester football these days, eh? Bolton down the shitter, Bury down the shitter, us just clinging on to the plunger as Salford fucking FC grab the handle and try to force us down as well.

Oh well, at least we've got shot of Chris O'Grady.

Inspector Norse

I just googled Forest Green and it's "an area of Nailsworth, Gloucestershire".

Nailsworth, Gloucestershire is a fucking HAMLET. There's only five notable people listed there on Wikipedia and one of them was a fucking tramp. It has a fucking town crier and the only historical event of note was when a bunch of people fucked off to Australia in 1839. It doesn't even have a train station.

Inspector Norse

The tourist info page for Nailsworth on the Cotswolds homepage has two pictures but it's the SAME PICTURE TWICE

Nailsworth Town Centre right there ladies and gents

Gammon Meeting Hall just out of shot

And they have a team in the football league. Some local who owns a chain of garden centres has been splashing the cash in the Southwest Counties League haven't they.

DrGreggles

And the food at their ground makes my piss smell of cabbage.

Inspector Norse

Nailsworth, Gloucestershire is to cabbage what Bordeaux, Aquitaine is to wine.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 03, 2019, 11:16:18 PM
Nailsworth, Gloucestershire is to cabbage what Bordeaux, Aquitaine is to wine.

Full of tourists with an overpriced cabbage museum?

PowerButchi

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 03, 2019, 06:17:12 PM
Not with JJ Hooper up front you're not.

He's been fantastic in pres season and again today. Lpoks dangerous as fuck. The first decent goalscorer we've had since Louis Moult.

imitationleather

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 03, 2019, 11:01:53 PM
Salford fucking FC

As memories of fifteen+ years ago fade and exist only in the minds of actual old men such as ourselves, are Salford now the most hated football league team, replacing the previous incumbents MK cunting Dons?

If I met someone and they said they thought they were alright I'd be utterly aghast. And may even glass them for good measure. They probably would just be very ignorant about football, but "Sorry I didn't know murder was illegal" isn't a defence and it shouldn't work here either.

Ferris

I now support both Forest Green and Salford, in whatever division it is they play in.

imitationleather

What do people will think will happen in the Pointless Shield today? Anyone even going to watch?

I reckon Man City will win at a canter and it will all be very dull.