Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Reading fans remember him quite fondly, but possibly only because he wasn't Simon Sheppard.

https://twitter.com/Crap90sFootball/status/823087309834883072

BlodwynPig

Back for Derby starting 11 soon

QuoteSentencing, he said the "intelligent and talented young men" had "brought shame upon yourselves, your family, your profession and your club

Massively debatable. Scum

Crabwalk

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on October 14, 2019, 10:47:16 PM
Speaking of Ipswich, was a bit surprised that their old boy Mings was now in the England squad, as I'd previously filed him away as a Bournemouth back-up player that once had a bit of a to-do with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Fair play to him on his somewhat rapid rise up the ranks.

He suffered a terrible injury for Bournemouth on what I think was his debut. Over a year out I think, which really halted his momentum, and I believe he considered quitting the game. They loaned him to Villa last year when he was finally fit again and he was central to their promotion. People balked at the 22 million they spent for him in the close season, but it's not looking so bad now. Town bought him for 10k from Chippenham so his rise has been spectacular - though that was 6 years ago now so it's not actually been that rapid.

He's a great bunch of lads though - as everyone now knows - and Town fans still consider him one of our own. He was loving winding the budgies up during that 5-1 spanking last weekend.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

king_tubby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 15, 2019, 05:43:18 PM
Back for Derby starting 11 soon

Massively debatable. Scum

Soon? Both missed one match, both were in the squad (one on bench, one starting) the game after. And I agree this is shit.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: king_tubby on October 15, 2019, 08:16:29 PM
Soon? Both missed one match, both were in the squad (one on bench, one starting) the game after. And I agree this is shit.

Lawrence was even called up for Wales in the meantime.

(yeah yeah, punishment enough etc)

Poobum

What are Gibraltar up to? Pesky little bastards. Turning into a proper football time on par with the Faroe Islands. Did nothing ever come of their attempts to dredge the lower English leagues for players whose grandparents who might have holidayed in southern Spain?

Poobum

Well, shouldn't I just shut the fuck up?

bgmnts

bgmnts

Why this popped in my suggested I don't know but what a challenge at 1:38.

https://youtu.be/DUeLs4FSu7A

Inspector Norse

Quote from: bgmnts on October 16, 2019, 04:25:54 PM
Why this popped in my suggested I don't know but what a challenge at 1:38.

https://youtu.be/DUeLs4FSu7A

Some good old handbags after, too. Face on those Sheff Utd players trying to argue against the red card. Pretty sure the ref was so furious he sent the guy off twice. Reminds me of the Massing-Caniggia classic where the ref decides it was such a shocker, he gives Massing an extra yellow on top of the red:

https://youtu.be/z_FHqWXllX4

bgmnts

Took one for the team there. At least that was warranted, not like Roy Keane or Kevin Muscat deliberately trying to end careers.

Inspector Norse

The worst one I can think of is the Ben Thatcher one where he ran 50 yards and forearm smashed Pedro Mendes into the hoardings. Mendes had to spend the night in hospital on an oxygen feed.

Thatcher got booked.

Inspector Norse

(and banned for something like ten games with ten more suspended plus a hefty fine, but that was later)

EOLAN

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 16, 2019, 04:58:51 PM
Some good old handbags after, too. Face on those Sheff Utd players trying to argue against the red card. Pretty sure the ref was so furious he sent the guy off twice. Reminds me of the Massing-Caniggia classic where the ref decides it was such a shocker, he gives Massing an extra yellow on top of the red:

https://youtu.be/z_FHqWXllX4

The second red-card was for Suffo who also came on as a sub the same time as Santos and head-butted Derek McInnes (who scored the cracker of a second goal). Some reason this highlight package has excluded that from it's showing.

Poobum

Just rewatched Coach Zoran and his African Tigers. Madder than I remember, somehow. I forgot he bought a sheep, but of course he did.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwCLkZay5U

wooders1978

Quote from: Poobum on October 16, 2019, 09:32:18 PM
Just rewatched Coach Zoran and his African Tigers. Madder than I remember, somehow. I forgot he bought a sheep, but of course he did.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmwCLkZay5U

Is that one of the 4th gen marvel movies?

Inspector Norse

QuoteWell, you can imagine what the kid's been like - it's like a kid in a sweet shop. It's been quite refreshing for all of us to witness the interview. That's why I picked him. His interview beamed out of the television, what he's all about. It brought a refreshing humility to us all again and it was a wonderful debut from the kid.

Trademark eloquence from published author Steve Bruce there.

Chollis

Spurs are doing that Amazon 'All or Nothing' series that City did, for this season. Not sure how apt that title is.

imitationleather

Quote from: Chollis on October 18, 2019, 03:06:48 PM
Spurs are doing that Amazon 'All or Nothing' series that City did, for this season. Not sure how apt that title is.

I think we're doing a version of 'Sunderland 'Til I Die', actually.

bgmnts

Runner Up or Nothing doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it. It makes sense City did this as its tasteless and cringey as fuck but surprised Spurs are.

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on October 18, 2019, 04:11:02 PM
Runner Up or Nothing doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it. It makes sense City did this as its tasteless and cringey as fuck but surprised Spurs are.

£££

BlodwynPig

JamesTC

Considering the scale of the rebuild if they lose the three players in the last year of their contract (Alderweireld, Eriksen, Vertonghen) as well as the players pushing for a move (Rose, Wanyama, Aurier) then they will need all the money they can get. Particularly if they aren't in the Champions League and have the stadium to pay off.

BlodwynPig

In poorer news

Tranmere go 1 down to 4 points Southend at home.

I might start supporting Spurs

Quote from: bgmnts on October 18, 2019, 04:11:02 PM

On current form, Spurs' title must be "Fourth place or Europa League", and that's assuming a significant turnaround just to make the Europa.

imitationleather

Apparently with the much-lauded success of the first NFL game at nuWHL ENIC are potentially going to be absolutely shitting money soon because it seems inevitable that a London-based franchise is going to be set up and play at the stadium. Whether any of this will filter through to the football side of it or not I don't have a clue because this is the side of the sport I don't really like to think about too much.

EDIT: This post on a Spurs forum about the Amazon series made me larf:
QuoteWill there be a scene of Poch reading the team sheet before the CL final - camera zooming in to Moura's face?

BlodwynPig

Fuck sake Spurs destroying football too

JamesTC

Cardenio I

Consistently inconsistent Everton break run of bad form with excellent display against consistently inconsistent West Ham side who break run of good form with miserable display against consistently inconsistent Everton