Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

He must have been guaranteed money, there's no way Mourinho would've gone there without assurances.

Bale in January, calling it.

Utter Shit

All things considered, it might have been the time for Poch to go. It breaks my heart to say that, but it's been an awful year masked by a handful of great (and lucky) results in important CL games. My initial reaction when the sacking announced was fury, but with a bit of time to think about it, I'm not sure we were ever going to get back to the days that made me love Poch in the first place. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that he will achieve more than we do in the next decade.

As for Mourinho...not happy, massively sceptical that there will be an upside in terms of the 'guaranteed trophies' I keep hearing about, terrible football and not someone we can be proud of as a human, which was a big part of the Poch appeal. The best thing I can say is I'm marginally more confident we might get a result at West Ham on Sunday than I was previously.

I've got a terrible feeling we're gonna win Mourinho's first few games and I'm going to have my head turned and think he's a good thing. Must remember to read Mark 8:36 a few times over the coming weeks.

Blinder Data

Mourinho has more top flight English titles than Spurs. What a stat!

It'll be interesting at least. I can't see it ending well though, given Levy's tightfistedness and Mourinho's penchant for expensive players. (And all the other toxic stuff that Mourinho brings obvs.)

Kane to Man U next summer, guaranteed.

imitationleather

Blinder Data

Quote from: imitationleather on November 20, 2019, 03:54:39 PM
lol

Why you lolling? It's a guarantee you can take all the way to the bank. Like Dele Alli going to Everton in January 2021.

imitationleather

I can only assume that the people in the media who are going on about how great Pochettino is haven't watched Spurs play since the end of the 2017/18 season. In the Premier League we have been absolutely shocking. 25 points from 24 games deserves the sack.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 20, 2019, 03:56:21 PM
Why you lolling? It's a guarantee you can take all the way to the bank. Like Dele Alli going to Everton in January 2021.

Levy won't sell anyone to United and hasn't done since the Berbatov stuff. He turned down a higher offer for Modric than we got from Madrid IIRC. Which makes it all the more mad that he's just spent £12.5m ensuring United can get Pochettino for free in the summer.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 20, 2019, 04:20:17 PMWhich makes it all the more mad that he's just spent £12.5m ensuring United can get Pochettino for free in the summer.
I'm sure he'll get a good job somewhere, but it won't be at United.

chveik

BlodwynPig

GDPR officer at Walsall, living the dream

Glyn

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 20, 2019, 07:06:11 PM

Technically trying to merge the role of marketing and DPO is such a massive conflict of interest that it could be a GDPR breach in itself ,so that's good work for just one Job Description.

Spurs news has dampened down the Wales chat but bloody hell last night was glorious. Ramsey reborn, at least 3 Joe Allen's on the pitch at any one time , Hennessy pardoned for that thing what he did once and Bale just being brilliant at being Gareth 'fuckin...' Bale. 

Giggs could have justifiably flicked the Vs to 75% of the fans last night for the stick he's had the last few months, but he had the grace to do a victory lap and almost look like he had an emotion.

As the song used to go 'Watch out Europe, we're on our way back !'

imitationleather

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 20, 2019, 07:06:11 PM

Was at Bescot recently, it is a lovely old ground. He could do worse.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 20, 2019, 09:07:21 PM
Was at Bescot recently, it is a lovely old ground. He could do worse.

Financial director at Tranmere

bgmnts

I just realised this is Mourinhos third club in the prem.

Does this grant him an honorary membership to the British Manager's Club? Maybe head of the foreign branch.

Jasha

Quote from: bgmnts on November 20, 2019, 09:48:14 PM
I just realised this is Mourinhos third club in the prem.

Does this grant him an honorary membership to the British Manager's Club? Maybe head of the foreign branch.

Iberian branch, Mourinho Silva Benitez

kalowski

Mourinho to Spurs?
It doesn't look good for Corbyn.

BlodwynPig

Smug rich prick

He should do something useful with his life apart from making Welshmen blush

Inspector Norse

UEFA to Bulgaria last month: very naughty racists keep coming to your matches and your inaction has been shameful, have a ban and stuff.
UEFA to Bulgaria today: win your next game and you can host a Euro 2020 play-off final. What could possibly go wrong?

Lordofthefiles

Scotland Vs Israel

Expect a "flag ban" to be announced imminently.

boki

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: boki on November 22, 2019, 02:45:40 PM
Rachel Riley SLAMS Scottish plot.
I'm surprised she's not yet made a point of him being an Arsenal fan.

"Their logo is a cannon, and their rivals are Tottenham. I think I need say no more."

Meanwhile, if I was a betting man, I'd have a punt on Sheff United to beat Man United on Sunday. No McTominay for the latter, and he's perhaps been their best play so far this season.

Chollis

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 22, 2019, 02:50:10 PM
Meanwhile, if I was a betting man, I'd have a punt on Sheff United to beat Man United on Sunday. No McTominay for the latter, and he's perhaps been their best play so far this season.

i'm lumping on 1-0 sheffield, manu with 0 shots on target

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Chollis on November 22, 2019, 02:57:18 PM
i'm lumping on 1-0 sheffield, manu with 0 shots on target
I think the one thing United have got going in their favour is that Whitehaven's finest, Dean Henderson, has to sit it out. But if Rashford and Martial can't be bothered, then you may as well stick thee and me up front.

good times

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 20, 2019, 03:54:00 PM
Mourinho has more top flight English titles than Spurs. What a stat!

It'll be interesting at least. I can't see it ending well though, given Levy's tightfistedness and Mourinho's penchant for expensive players. (And all the other toxic stuff that Mourinho brings obvs.)

Kane to Man U next summer, guaranteed.

and I fully expect him to mention this in about 18 months time in a deranged post-match press conference where he shits on the the club, his team and the fans.

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

Haven't seen West Ham play for a while.
When did they become so bad?