Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:02:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

Cardenio I

Opinion time: Ancelotti is not a very good manager.

kngen

It was only five years ago that he won the Champions League, Super Cup, and Club World Cup (and Copa del Rey, but no-one outside Spain really cares about that) with Real Madrid (but not La Liga, so I think he got the bullet for that). I think if you do that well and STILL get the tin tack, it's not unreasonable to think you might lose a bit of appetite for the game.

Probably just thinking about setting his grandkids up for life with a few earners and sod the fucking lot of them (the footballing world). Can't say I blame him.

Edit: Just read that his son was his assistant at Napoli. Definite piss-taking going on there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cardenio I on December 11, 2019, 07:54:00 AM
Opinion time: Ancelotti is not a very good manager.

That narrows down the list of good managers to about... 3

Cardenio I

BlodwynPig

New Caledonian outfit knocked out of the club world cup, which led to the revelation that teams from there get one place in the 7th round of the french cup

Inspector Norse

Poobum

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 11, 2019, 07:57:02 PM
New Caledonian outfit knocked out of the club world cup, which led to the revelation that teams from there get one place in the 7th round of the french cup

Reunion and French Guiana get the same don't they? We should do that, lob a team from the Cook Islands and Montserrat into the FA cup. Rekindle the magic. What Evo-Stick team wouldn't relish an away day in the middle of the pacific ocean?

chveik

Quote from: Poobum on December 11, 2019, 10:12:36 PM
Reunion and French Guiana get the same don't they?

yep all the oversea departments

Head Gardener

came across 3 huge boxes of old 70's/80's Shoot mag in near mint condition in the local auction (which is on tomorrow morning) there must be hundreds,
pm me if your interested

bgmnts

Liverpool have signed Minamino fo 7.25 million. That's stupid but great business. He absolutely dicked us at times when we played them this year.

New Klopp contract for 5 years as well. Just to prolong most peoples here's misery.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on December 13, 2019, 03:25:44 PM
Liverpool have signed Minamino fo 7.25 million. That's stupid but great business. He absolutely dicked us at times when we played them this year.

New Klopp contract for 5 years as well. Just to prolong most peoples here's misery.

whilst our NHS is sold off for acorns.. fuck football and fuck big money

chveik

don't play the underdog, it's Liverpool central here

and yes, goes without saying, fuck football

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 13, 2019, 03:35:24 PM
whilst our NHS is sold off for acorns.. fuck football and fuck big money

Agreed.

I just looked at the National League North table and thought it was a list of towns that went Tory in the General Erection

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on December 13, 2019, 09:28:05 PM
I just looked at the National League North table and thought it was a list of towns that went Tory in the General Erection

I think Blyth are bottom? They can bloody well stay there

BlodwynPig

EOLAN

I must be softening on Liverpool. The most annoying thing for me about the match with Watford was the Match of the Day commentator not knowing why a free kick was given against Watford; when the corner hit the post and the corner taker played the ball again.

DrGreggles

Quote from: EOLAN on December 15, 2019, 12:49:48 PM
I must be softening on Liverpool. The most annoying thing for me about the match with Watford was the Match of the Day commentator not knowing why a free kick was given against Watford; when the corner hit the post and the corner taker played the ball again.

I once had to explain that rule to a referee during a Sunday League match.

bgmnts

Table has quietly shaped up and gone back to normality now, booo.

Although two different liverpool teams are playing this week, 24 hours after each other, that will be bizarre. Has that been done before?

DrGreggles

Arsenal will do well to avoid an absolute hammering here.

imitationleather

Wolves absolutely mullered Spurs. It was very, very enjoyable win.

the midnight watch baboon

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 15, 2019, 04:48:23 PM
Arsenal will do well to avoid an absolute hammering here.

They need "...to ruffle City's famous feathers," as ye man Martin Tyler says.

Blimey Tyler, got a The De Bruyne Code in the offing?!?

Inspector Norse

Inspector Norse

Igors Stepanovs takes over until the end of the season

DrGreggles

De Bruyne has been fucking unplayable in the first half.
He's had a ludicrous amount of space though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 15, 2019, 05:15:54 PM
He's had a ludicrous amount of space though.

It's Arsenal.

Arsenal would genuinely be better off hiring a championship back four with English cloggers. Their ability would be shit but they actually understand in theory what to do. These don't even grasp the concept of how to defend.

bgmnts

I wonder if Wenger leaving will genuinely condemn Arsenal to mid table.