Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 21, 2019, 11:19:54 PM
Has Cook sacked Walsall off yet?

Mansfield apparently.

Talking of pros, love reading about ex-footballers on wikipedia. So-called "hardest man in football" Billy Whitehurst:

QuoteSince leaving the game Whitehurst has trained greyhounds, ran several public houses in his native South Yorkshire and worked in the building trade and in the stores at BP Saltend and Drax Power Station. In 2008, he was found guilty of benefit fraud and given a suspended prison sentence

Captain Z

Tell you what, Clive, for me that is an absolute textbook slide into desolation.

BlodwynPig

Good to see being mega famous can still get you off a rape charge

bigfatheart

It's all well and good Newcastle signing this Joe Linton lad, but clearly we're all waiting for them to reunite Steve Bruce with Ahmed Elmohamady, the Neil Warnock and Paddy Kenny combo of the north-east.

PowerButchi

DrGreggles

Aberdeen's Drew Jarvie (aged 25)

Chelsea's John Dempsey (aged 24)

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: finnquark on July 18, 2019, 09:45:34 PM

- 'The Championship Trophy is a beautiful trophy, much prettier than the Premiership one. I asked Sharon if she wouldn't mind me sleeping with it. She didn't, as long as she didn't have to do the same, so she slept in the spare room.'

- 'It would have looked great on the mantelpiece. It was a pity we didn't have a mantelpiece.'

Magnificent.

gabrielconroy

So who's going to win the league this year then? Personally, I hope it's Spurs.

BlodwynPig

Ferris has just scored a beauty for Walsall against Villa whilst he was queuing for a dog meat pie. 1-4 down though.

sevendaughters

Atherton Collieries 2 - 0 Al-Ittihad
GOD IS GREAT

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 24, 2019, 08:38:07 PM
Ferris has just scored a beauty for Walsall against Villa whilst he was queuing for a dog meat pie. 1-4 down though.

Was an absolute belter. We were sitting in the away end, and it looked great from all the way back there.

Jack Grealish nearly took my head off with a half volley in the ~35th. The ball hit me and Mrs Ferris on the bounce back into play. All in all a good result for Villa. Mings looked excellent, Jota was a bit ponderous and seemed out of sorts but got on the scoresheet (twice!) so what do I know, no major catastrophes I could see.

That's a nice little ground Walsall FC have. Has a real character to it and 8,000 at the game today so it attracts the locals (myself included). Nice evening out.

Edit: couple of photos turned out nice

sevendaughters

yeah I like the Bescot (Jeff). perfect for the away fan, off the train, 2 min, easy. shame there's nothing around there though.

Ferris

Couldn't get a drink in there for love nor money, and more than one person balked at my accent but that's fair enough.

Had the old fashioned turnstiles in it. Villa fans in the away end stood up and moved to the front and turned it into a terrace (and the groundstaff didn't lose their minds). Great fun.

Talking of quality groundstaff, he's got to be delighted with the angle on that for me, Clive.

Lads, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about the old football and try to keep up with developments, but I've seen something bizarre I've not encountered before.

Any idea what this is?

bgmnts

We all obviously know aboug having a whiskey nose but has anyone in histoey had a whiskey head before?

imitationleather

It's not nice to make fun of someone with a chronic sun-bed addiction.

Either that or he is the first person to ever have hyper-hypertension.

Captain Z

You can take the mickey out of Alan Brazil, but if he hadn't plugged the leak by falling headfirst into Chernobyl reactor 4 none of us would be here.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on July 25, 2019, 10:40:05 AM
You can take the mickey out of Alan Brazil, but if he hadn't plugged the leak by falling headfirst into Chernobyl reactor 4 none of us would be here.

Laughed

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Probably Gammon before such a thing existed.

Old school trad racist foetid piece of turnip.

imitationleather

LADS IT'S TOTTENHAM VS MANCHESTER UNITED. LIVE FROM THE MOON!

Utter Shit

Quote from: imitationleather on July 25, 2019, 12:34:41 PM
LADS IT'S TOTTENHAM VS MANCHESTER UNITED. LIVE FROM THE MOON!

You watching? Loads of aggro, great stuff. We seem to have decided that Daniel James is an awful man, he's on course to literally be kicked to death by the final whistle.

imitationleather

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 25, 2019, 01:04:52 PM
You watching? Loads of aggro, great stuff. We seem to have decided that Daniel James is an awful man, he's on course to literally be kicked to death by the final whistle.

Man Utd appear to be under the impression that this is a match that actually matters and are playing completely out of their skin.

Couldn't be dealing with MUTV, have a German commentary team on instead now.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 24, 2019, 11:37:51 PM

That's a bit harsh, you'd be going purple with excitement too if you got to pose with Madame Tussauds' Lee Dixon.

Utter Shit

Quote from: imitationleather on July 25, 2019, 01:09:48 PM
Man Utd appear to be under the impression that this is a match that actually matters and are playing completely out of their skin.

Couldn't be dealing with MUTV, have a German commentary team on instead now.

Yeah I switched over to the cricket when I heard the commentator complain that "Sissoko has fouled James again". It wasn't Sissoko, it was Tanganga. It wasn't James, it was Pereira.

king_tubby

sevendaughters

great location for the new stadium and I like the design. Those docks need a spruce up and if it takes Merseyside's 3rd best team then go for it.

imitationleather

Some absolutely lovely images of a stadium that will never get built there.