Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Tranmere yet to register a win or draw. 2-8 goals

Hello Altrincham

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hilarious re: Celtic, couldn't have happened to a nicer manager.

Krasnodar also beat Porto?!

Linz and APOEL through too

BlodwynPig

Yeh, good result for the red army. WE stuffed the portugeuse bastards. (Wife from there, so another WE)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another coup for Putin

Wonder how much Porto earned for that

jobotic

White Ensign begin their FA Cup journey tonight, sadly playing Woodford Town and not, as I'd hoped, Black Flag FC

king_tubby

Quote from: jobotic on August 14, 2019, 08:17:01 AM
White Ensign begin their FA Cup journey tonight, sadly playing Woodford Town and not, as I'd hoped, Black Flag FC

Imagine playing football against Rollins! He'd rip your head off and shit down your neck.

Head Gardener

kalowski

A win, draw and a defeat not good enough for National North team Hereford, who have sacked their manager.

holyzombiejesus

Port Vale have just got knocked out of the Caribou by Burton and have drawn our 2 league games 1-1. Scintilating. Having said that, I'm just happy to have got rid of our utter cunt of an owner and now have people who state that one of the reasons they bought us was so they could use the club's kitchens to make meals for hungry local families.

The way clubs at our level are run is just so shameful. Not just Bury levels of shite but little things like our previous owner giving the players left over pies to eat after games. Apparently, Norman Smurthwaite (previous owner) used to enjoy writing a cheque for creditors, stating 'this is your money' and then ripping it up in their faces. My nephew works for a firm that did some work for the club under Smurthwaite and once they'd finished, he stated that he'd never heard of them and refused to pay. In public he'd state how he wanted Vale to be his legacy and how much he loved Burslem and the local community, but then he'd do stuff like that. He bought the club, debt free and with ground attached for £1m, promised BT Sports that he'd sack the manager who gave us a top 9 League One finish live on air, oversaw a relegation and 2 successive worst finishes in our 143 year history, went on Sky to say he wouldn't employ a black manager as our fans are too racist, claimed he was assaulted in the car park by fans because he wouldn't extend Tom Pope's contract, employed a foreign manager with no experience because Jose Mourinho rang him up and told him to and then proceeded to buy 17 unknown foreign players from a coca-cola importer and then separated the ground in to a different company. He sold us for around £4m and also ensured that he also received the £.5m that the club is due from West Ham from the sale of Jordan Hugill. So, yeah, we're not exactly soaring but it's nice not to be plummeting.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 13, 2019, 11:50:01 PM
Hilarious re: Celtic, couldn't have happened to a nicer manager.

Krasnodar also beat Porto?!

Linz and APOEL through too

Porto going out too makes me feel a tad better. A tiny tiny tad.

Didn't want Lennon at the time he was appointed and want him even less now, but I suppose we'll have to grin and bear it until something truly catastrophic happens. The first leg of the Europea League play-off followed by a trip to Ibrox looks like it could be a turning point.

BlodwynPig

chveik

chveik

weekender

Wow.

QuoteThe match will be played at Vodafone Park in Istanbul, Turkey on 14 August 2019

So basically it's a youth team match, or a chance to give players coming back from injury a run-out, got it - thanks.

On the plus side, female referee, so at least that's actual progress.

Mr Eggs

I'm only watching it so I can use it as as excuse to get pissed ( watching sport=Allowed to get pissed ).

weekender

Quote from: Mr Eggs on August 14, 2019, 07:28:58 PM
I'm only watching it so I can use it as as excuse to get pissed ( watching sport=Allowed to get pissed ).

Ah, the alcohol excuse, I know it well.

What other brain excuses do you use to convince your body that you need to get pissed?

Sorry, that's a bit of a deep question, but assuming the game is shit maybe you could answer it at half-time?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: weekender on August 14, 2019, 07:26:49 PM
Wow.

So basically it's a youth team match, or a chance to give players coming back from injury a run-out, got it - thanks.

On the plus side, female referee, so at least that's actual progress.

Progress to what?

BlodwynPig

weekender

Nah, pie serving has been outsourced to the LGBT community on cost grounds; they seem to be more organised.

The women nowadays do things like "run the touchline" and "referee matches".

Mr Eggs

Quote from: weekender on August 14, 2019, 07:33:06 PM
Ah, the alcohol excuse, I know it well.

What other brain excuses do you use to convince your body that you need to get pissed?

My body can fuck right off out of it. My booze consumption has hit the floor in recent weeks so I'm looking for a reason for gobbling a shitload doon mi neck to get back in the game.

Jockice

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 14, 2019, 11:07:07 AM
Porto going out too makes me feel a tad better. A tiny tiny tad.

Didn't want Lennon at the time he was appointed and want him even less now, but I suppose we'll have to grin and bear it until something truly catastrophic happens. The first leg of the Europea League play-off followed by a trip to Ibrox looks like it could be a turning point.

Hopefully in the right direction. Lennon basically ballsed up the team selection and tactics last night but I don't think we're a Champions League standard team at the moment anyway, so it could be the kick up the arse we need, especially since Rangers now reckon we're there for the taking. This may just be blind faith but I still think we're a fair bit better than them.

Mr Eggs

I'm enjoying illegally streaming this since BT fucked up my BT Sport since I moved house.

Another reason to get pissed.

weekender

Are you having healthy snacks, like carrot and/or celery sticks?

Mr Eggs

I've packed an old bus exhaust pipe with lard and i'm sucking on that.

Oofff Pedro. ACTION.

bgmnts

Not so super cup.

This is shiiiiiiit, and both teams are pretty much full strength. Nobody is arsed.

BlodwynPig

sevendaughters

looking at the lineups... did Chelsea tank their league game to win this meaningless pot?