Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:15:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Cor really getting the protractor out there, VAR.

Beagle 2

Even great goals that are allowed to stand are rendered joyless by VAR arse-scratching. After all that fannying about the rest of the game seemed like it was being played in sulk mode by both sides.

Artie Fufkin

Herne Bay SMASH Phoenix Sports 3-1 in their opening home game of the season, cruising to 2nd in the table.
Attendance : approx 350

*edit for crowd attendance....

BlodwynPig

Fisher FC vs Erith Town

QuoteTo confirm, the game has been abandoned due to a Floodlight issue

Frickley and Tranmere (2 red cards) meanwhile look like relegation fodder

sevendaughters

we look shit at the sub-atomic level this year. League 1 beckons.

jobotic

DrGreggles

QPR's home ground is Loftus Road The Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

sevendaughters

Parky out.

also what has happened to Butland? three errors this season already.

GMTV

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-49421285/football-grounds-to-pubs-our-fight-for-free-tampons

Three celtic fans and their fight for free tampons at football games. Fans of a club with a long history of supporting and protecting groups of vulnerable people, they did the right thing and selected a broad issue to campaign on.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

kalowski

United spent £80 million on Maguire, City £60 million on Rodri, and the team down the road, Bury, will be thrown out of the football league at midnight.
Utterly disgusting.
And who really is to blame?
QuoteThe EFL then confirmed that although Dale passed its "owners and directors test" because he has no criminal convictions, he never provided proof of his "source and sufficiency of funding", which league rules require of prospective owners before a takeover, or within 10 days afterwards.

BlodwynPig

Bye bye Bury, you flew too close to the sun and now must wither like so many before

QuoteTwo goals from an inspired Shayne Lavery helped Linfield earn one of their best-ever results as they stunned FK Qarabag of Azerbaijan 3-2 in the Europa League play-off first leg.

European giants Qarabag, there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Want to stop this happening?

- End your Sky subscription and inform them why

- Petition your local MP to make local clubs a community asset

- Petition for a change in the law to oblige larger clubs to distribute a % of their revenue to those in their catchment area (adjusted fairly for density).

- Petition for a change in rules on ownership so fans have at least 50% stake

- Petition for greater regulation on club ownership

I'm sure people can think of several other ideas and improvements to the above. It should be a wake up call.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 23, 2019, 08:19:09 AM
European giants Qarabag, there.

Didn't they get a couple of draws against Atletico Madrid a couple of years ago, which essentially knocked them out of the CL?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 23, 2019, 08:26:15 AM
Didn't they get a couple of draws against Atletico Madrid a couple of years ago, which essentially knocked them out of the CL?

Didn't West Auckland win the World Cup twice?

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 23, 2019, 08:55:14 AM
Plastic Fan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-27242287/west-auckland-fc-the-miners-football-team-that-won-big

Not the World Cup, is it.
Not even an international tournament - it's for clubs.

Move over Holloway - we have a new thicky in our midst!

buttgammon

Qarabag have been in Europa League/Champions League group stages five years in a row; it's a big upset.

EOLAN

Quote from: buttgammon on August 23, 2019, 09:19:45 AM
Qarabag have been in Europa League/Champions League group stages five years in a row; it's a big upset.

True. It's relative and given the paucity of a lot of recent results of Northern Ireland teams in recent years; a victory over a decent group stage regular is a big win.

On pulling out of Sky subscription; BT have pre-empted me on this by pulling out of their package that I paid an upfront fee for and now no basically only have a channel which shows constant repeats of the Direct Pro 14 Rugby Union League; with the odd break here and there for the World Lacrosse championships (where surprisingly Ireland had a team although I expect none of the Irish players have ever been there).

jobotic

Chats lost at Canterbury City by the way. They're now down to fourth in the table.

Fuck 'em. That's my flirtation with the ninth tier over. Need to go lower in my hunt for glory.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 23, 2019, 08:59:52 AM
Not the World Cup, is it.
Not even an international tournament - it's for clubs.

Move over Holloway - we have a new thicky in our midst!

It was the World Cup of its day. Don't go swimming in the ocean, mate, enough plastic already.

Blinder Data

Quote from: GMTV on August 22, 2019, 07:08:08 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-49421285/football-grounds-to-pubs-our-fight-for-free-tampons

Three celtic fans and their fight for free tampons at football games. Fans of a club with a long history of supporting and protecting groups of vulnerable people, they did the right thing and selected a broad issue to campaign on.

I think this might be deeply sarcastic. But in a spirit of goodwill, I am prepared to take this at face value.

Decent result for both Glasgow clubs last night. That is good news. In fact I look forward to Rangers progressing to the group stages (and then being mercilessly embarrassed on the grand European stage, naturally).

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 23, 2019, 10:57:20 AM
It was the World Cup of its day.

Nope.

Never mind though. At least you tried.
WELL DONE FOR TRYING, YOU DID YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST.

DrGreggles

Ooh, just noticed that there's more Friday night lights football tonight!
I think I enjoy those matches a lot more when my team aren't involved.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 23, 2019, 11:04:29 AM
Nope.

Never mind though. At least you tried.
WELL DONE FOR TRYING, YOU DID YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST.

Yep.

It's a shame you've been blinded by that plastic phoenix blow up toy...shame it caught fire on your barbecue and killed those children. Do they have BT Sports in Prison?

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: jobotic on August 23, 2019, 10:25:58 AM
Chats lost at Canterbury City by the way. They're now down to fourth in the table.

Fuck 'em. That's my flirtation with the ninth tier over. Need to go lower in my hunt for glory.

I was talking about Canterbury FC last night with Mrs Fufkin. What with their stadium being pulled down some time ago, and houses(?) about to go up on the turf, I couldn't think for the life of me what happened to them. I discovered they play at Faversham's ground. Shit fans, no ground etc etc