Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:35:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Jetpacks for Goalposts

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 16, 2019, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mr. logic on August 25, 2019, 08:02:33 PM
Newcastle won too. A bit of a nightmare for the lad today.

Need your tongue dislodging from bosto's anus?

Sorry you've had a bad day mate. Been a fuckin belter here.

bgmnts

If a sport's team dictates the mood of your day then you are still 16 years old.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 25, 2019, 10:26:20 PM
Sorry you've had a bad day mate. Been a fuckin belter here.

Fuck off dodgy CCTV eyes

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on August 25, 2019, 10:27:04 PM
If a sport's team dictates the mood of your day then you are still 16 years old.

I know, right! Mr Logic fucking chirping in with his perineum tickling jibe was a low and did spiral me into fits of plague

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on August 25, 2019, 10:27:04 PM

that would certainly explain the constant use of the word 'aids'

DrGreggles

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 27, 2019, 11:30:15 PM
'Bury expelled by English Football League after takeover collapses'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49451896

Burying* the lead, here

QuoteEngland women's manager Phil Neville, whose mother Jill resigned as Bury's club secretary last week, described their demise as an "absolute disgrace" on Friday.

Phil, Jill, and Neville Neville.

*no apology from me

Chollis

BlodwynPig

Good riddance to Bury. Hope Bolton dont go as we'll lose the only points we've got so far this season. Still reckon we'll get relegated if just 2 teams go down

imitationleather

I have always had a soft spot for Bury ever since I took them to the UEFA Cup in my longest Football Manager game ever.

Farewell, sweet prince.

Inspector Norse

QuoteEngland women's manager Phil Neville, whose mother Jill resigned as Bury's club secretary last week, described their demise as an "absolute disgrace" on Friday.

If only there were a group of wealthy former players who could invest in a lower-league club in the Manchester area, eh Phil?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 28, 2019, 07:56:32 AM
If only there were a group of wealthy former players who could invest in a lower-league club in the Manchester area, eh Phil?

I'm glad they reminded me that he is England's Women's manager, just like I repeatedly need reminding that Rangers are managed by Gerrard and Chelsea by Lamps.

EOLAN

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 28, 2019, 08:45:24 AM
I'm glad they reminded me that he is England's Women's manager, just like I repeatedly need reminding that Rangers are managed by Gerrard and Chelsea by Lamps.

And that Chris Sutton used to play for Chelsea (probably his most unsuccesful stint but that is the club they always link him with if they are quoting him on the website). As someone who remembers him being a top striker for Norwich City and winning the League with Blackburn in one of the most formidable forward duos; it would be like introducing Sir Geoff Hurst just as a former West Brom forward (yes, Brom, not Ham; had to get some of my own club in there).

Artie Fufkin

The continuing fortunes of Herne Bay FC :

Saturday, went 2-0 down at home against lower league Croydon. Scraped back to draw 2-2 in the 4th minute of injury time with the aid of a dodgy penalty.
Attendance : approx 260

Monday, lost away to Whitstable 3-0. An embarrassment to the fans, according to the manager. Sick as a parrot, etc etc

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: EOLAN on August 28, 2019, 10:38:10 AM
And that Chris Sutton used to play for Chelsea (probably his most unsuccesful stint but that is the club they always link him with if they are quoting him on the website). As someone who remembers him being a top striker for Norwich City and winning the League with Blackburn in one of the most formidable forward duos; it would be like introducing Sir Geoff Hurst just as a former West Brom forward (had to get some of my own club in there).
I remember at the time of Eric Cantona's disagreement with a Crystal Palace fan, Garth Crooks was selling himself as a "former Manchester United striker" to try and nab some gigs commenting on the story.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on August 28, 2019, 10:49:55 AM
The continuing fortunes of Herne Bay FC :

Saturday, went 2-0 down at home against lower league Croydon. Scraped back to draw 2-2 in the 4th minute of injury time with the aid of a dodgy penalty.
Attendance : approx 260

Monday, lost away to Whitstable 3-0. An embarrassment to the fans, according to the manager. Sick as a parrot, etc etc

Fisher 1 - 3 Croydon

What with Frickley failing to win at all in at least the last 4 games, my non-league favourites are sinking like ships

hummingofevil

What with Brexit, Climate Change and Bury going bust I was expecting a bit more of a postivie karma backlash but in the absence of any grander gesture from the gods I will have to be satisfied with Dean Saunders going to prison. Imagine being sent down for 6 weeks for not paying your TV license or whatever and then realising you have to share a cell with that utter fuckwit for a month or so.

BlodwynPig

BIG PHIL PIECE ON BURY

HEAR HIS WORDS AND MAN-LOVE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49495920

QuoteHe added: "I find it difficult. I dread to think how my mum's feeling.

GIVE HER A CALL THEN, MATE... JUST PICK UP THE PHONE...OH, YOU ARE TOO BUSY IN YOUR WAISTCOAT TRYING TO LOOK STATESMAN-LIKE  AND SERIOUS AND A WINNER, PROPPED UP BY NATIONALISTIC MEDIA WHO WILL NEVER CRITICISE LEADERS OF THE NATION, IN POLITICS OR IN SPORT.

sevendaughters

they do still have a club though, right? just not a position in the professional leagues for this season. Bolton could actually not have a club in a fortnight.

monkfromhavana

I'm loving the talking football-man heads talking about ownership and the EFL and how important these small clubs are and how they get simultaneously misty-eyed and fully tumescent over them.

They never really mention gaining greater solidarity payments from the Premier League though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monkfromhavana on August 28, 2019, 03:29:48 PM
I'm loving the talking football-man heads talking about ownership and the EFL and how important these small clubs are and how they get simultaneously misty-eyed and fully tumescent over them.

They never really mention gaining greater solidarity payments from the Premier League though.

BLAND, BEIGE IDIOCY MASQUERADING AS STATESMAN IN WAISTCOAT AND THIN SHOES

BlodwynPig

Charnock Richard in the FA Cup tonight

sevendaughters

bgmnts

Something called the Champions League draw is on now but they're doing awards.