Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:32:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Supersonic Festival: Help needed

Started by hummingofevil, July 17, 2019, 12:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

How do kids? I am in a bit of pickle. I am off to the best festival in England in Supersonic in Brum this weekend but I have kinda forgotten to listen to anything that is on the bill (I have literally been listening to nothing but Lizzo, Sigrid and Carly Rae for months now). Oops.

This is the line up.

Can you give me some emergency tracks to listen to before I go so I can pretend to not be a total fuckwit (otherwise I am just going to drink rum and talk about Sigrid).

Edit: as Toon resident I am well aware of Pigs and Hen Ogledd so we cool with them.

chveik

boki

Big Lad - Eating Food and Fighting Wizards.  It's also highly likely that they'll cover 'Come To Daddy'

alan nagsworth

Humming! I'm going, you should hang out with me and my extremely enthusiastic stoner friend! Drop me a message. Let's make something magical happen.

alan nagsworth

Also there is conveniently a playlist on Spotify if you fuck with that sort of shit.

Personally I'm excited to see Big Lad (again), Jerusalem in My Heart, HHY and the Macumbas and CZN. I have friends in Body/Vice and Sly & The Family Drone and annoyingly they're clashing, but Sly are guaranteed to be fucking brilliant.

thugler

I am also going. It is the best festival!

https://supersonicfestival.com/2019/02/01/new-supersonic-podcast-release/

Official sampler podcast here.

I quite enjoy Dalek, Yob, the body, and the others people have mentioned. Last time I discovered quite a few things that were completely new to me. Ohh, and guttersnipe on the smaller stage will be fun, I think I discovered from someone on here.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 17, 2019, 01:25:38 PM
Sly & The Family Drone

I might post this in that thread about bands whose names you like but not necessarily their output (though in this case it's because I've never heard of them)

alan nagsworth

I actually think their name is shite (I can't stand pun band names - puns are throwaway things and as an artist it conveys a massive lack of imagination), but honestly they are a blistering, fantastic live experience. Playing the middle of the dance floor, inviting many of their like-minded music pals to play with them for many gigs, creating huge walls of hypnotic noise, the whole thing is intense and cathartic and amazing to be a part of. Last time I saw them they dismantled one of the drum kits gradually and handed them out into the crowd with loads of sticks, it was fucking marvellous.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 17, 2019, 01:38:12 PM
I actually think their name is shite (I can't stand pun band names - puns are throwaway things and as an artist it conveys a massive lack of imagination), but honestly they are a blistering, fantastic live experience. Playing the middle of the dance floor, inviting many of their like-minded music pals to play with them for many gigs, creating huge walls of hypnotic noise, the whole thing is intense and cathartic and amazing to be a part of. Last time I saw them they dismantled one of the drum kits gradually and handed them out into the crowd with loads of sticks, it was fucking marvellous.

they sound like GBOL. will investigate.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 17, 2019, 06:53:43 PM
they sound like GBOL. will investigate.

they have other forthcoming gigs in brixton and colchester if you're nearby. the colchester one is with aussie contact-mic-on-a-piece-of-smashed-glass blood soaked nutter Justice Yeldham too

boki

Alright, you fucking pipsqueaks, I finally buckled and bought a ticket for the afterparty tonight.  Come and headbang with ya boi.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: boki on July 19, 2019, 11:21:25 AM
Alright, you fucking pipsqueaks, I finally buckled and bought a ticket for the afterparty tonight.  Come and headbang with ya boi.

YES!!!