Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MoonCup 2019 - the world catches up with CaB

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 17, 2019, 12:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

the BBC are getting desperate in their attempts to throw us off the scent.

Alberon

Cuellar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cuellar on July 17, 2019, 02:44:26 PM
What's the story here?

I think it's that some people with fannies and periods tried them and 70% said they were alright. Also many had never heard of Mooncup as a thing.

I remember a recent argument on Facebook with a transexclusionary feminist objecting to unisex toilets with shared sinks on the (rather vanishingly unlikely) prospect that a non-woman may catch her washing her MoonCup™ out in the sink. We are a tragically repressed set of people.

Buelligan

I love how normal and unrepressed you all are.  It's great to feel like I could wash out my mooncup in front of you and hardly anyone would remark on the smell.

madhair60

I am viscerally repulsed by the Moon Cup and all things vaginal.

Jerzy Bondov

bgmnts

There is that one famous story of the woman who left it in for 2 weeks (somehow?) and very bad things.

Blumf

Quote from: Buelligan on July 17, 2019, 03:31:49 PM
I love how normal and unrepressed you all are.  It's great to feel like I could wash out my mooncup in front of you and hardly anyone would remark on the smell.

I'd even let you use my pressure washer.

Well feminist, me!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 17, 2019, 03:24:30 PM
I remember a recent argument on Facebook with a transexclusionary feminist objecting to unisex toilets with shared sinks on the (rather vanishingly unlikely) prospect that a non-woman may catch her washing her MoonCup™ out in the sink. We are a tragically repressed set of people.

Pffft, everyone knows you rinse them out in the disabled toilets. No way would I rinse mine out in a sink where people could see me, and I have never witnessd anyone else rinse one out in a sink either.

I invested in a menstrual cup a couple of months ago. Since having my Nexplanon out I have been having regular periods for the first time in my life, and been reminded how expensive tampons are. I have now discovered that menstrual cups are, for me at least, cleaner, more comfortable and more convenient than tampons. Also not at all scary once you've figured them out. And they don't smell.

I had been put off by all those eulogising "Ooooooh I LOVE my Mooncup!" types putting Mooncup-promoting stickers on the back of toilet doors and being all preachy on Facebook. While I have to admit that mine is pretty great, I can't say I love it. Fucking weirdoes.

Bazooka

I didnt know that's what they are for, I've been frustratingly using them as poorly fitted thimbles for years.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Crazy to think I had the same avatar in 2006!

Buelligan

Oh just another thought on mooncups vs tampons.  There's a tampon I'm aware of, it's been lying out, unprotected in the open for over a year since I first spotted it, so maybe longer.  It is still a completely recognisable tampon.

In the UK it's estimated that, in 2018, 38.9 million tampons were used, so that's something to think about whilst you're chewing over reasons for not joining Extinction Rebellion.

Cerys

[tag] Toxic shock as woman inserts funky pigeon into ladyparts [/tag]

Pseudopath

Quote from: Buelligan on July 18, 2019, 08:12:48 AM
There's a tampon I'm aware of, it's been lying out, unprotected in the open for over a year since I first spotted it, so maybe longer.  It is still a completely recognisable tampon.

Guilty as charged, you pesky litter lout!