Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:46:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Earth - Full Upon Her Burning Lips

Started by king_tubby, July 18, 2019, 11:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

I have finally got around the giving this a listen. Now, I am a ridiculous Earth fanboy but I think this is their best since The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull. Just Dylan and Adrienne, no faffing about with guest vocalists or anything bar drums, guitar and bass. Proper walking through the rain in the dark music. I'm still surprised that they've never been asked to score a film.

alan nagsworth

I mean, I love Earth, and although I think they're tremendous live and the last couple of albums were boring (never been a fan of loads of guest spots), I got fairly bored halfway into this. Much like my criticism with Sunn 0))), really. The new album is technically a very good album by their standards but for me personally it doesn't really need to exist in my life. But I'm aware that it's hypocritical for me to go and see those new songs played live and enjoy the shit out of them. Because I definitely will do that.

king_tubby

I already have my ticket.

Also stop dissing my favourite bands. I will cut you.