Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Christ almighty

Started by Utter Shit, July 18, 2019, 02:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Just had a hell of a 20 minutes lads.

I work in a university and at 2.20 I got a call from one of our teachers elsewhere on campus, sounding panicked and saying she had locked herself and her students in their room because there were people running around the corridors covered in blood and screaming HELP ME HELP ME.

Called the emergency team and the relevant people in my department, then just had to sit and wait while my anxiety shot through the roof.

Anyway turns out it was a training exercise for the medical school for what to do in an earthquake, and the people involved didn't think to tell everyone else in the building what they were up to. So they've just accidentally convinced a teacher and 15 English students that they were about to be part of a massacre. Astonishing.

Sebastian Cobb

Where did the blood come from?

Alberon

If that happened at my University the people responsible would be crucified. How can you not realise how a training exercise might look?

madhair60

Cuellar

Haha that is great banter

Barry Admin

Sorry to hear you've been put through this, what an absolutely shower of thoughtless fucking dickheads.

BlodwynPig

Earthquake? In Ireland?

Utter Shit

Apparently it was terrorism training, which presumably was even more graphic. Fucking scandalous really, I was half a mile away from it so wasn't especially worried, but the class that was in there is made up of a teacher who only started two weeks ago and students who only arrived on Monday. Horrible.

Great White Ape

About the same quality of care and communication at my university when we had an actual 'lone wolf' incident (which thankfully wasn't fatal). Sorry to hear you've been put through this.

Great White Ape

[Never mind. Besides the point, really.]

bgmnts

At least you're prepared for an attack now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So preparedness training now includes making people genuinely alarmed and distraught?

Would love to see what their approach to teaching road safety is, do they get cars and bomb around campus nailing slowies and screaming WATCH IT HONKIES

Icehaven

There's a lucrative lawsuit here, safe space my arse.

Buelligan

To paraphrase NRA President Cunt Wayne LaPierre, the only thing that stops an irresponsible training class is an idiot with a gun.  Aren't you glad you don't work in a US uni? 

Really sorry to hear of your unnecessary and horrible drama.

Gerald Fjord

I'd like to say that is astounding fuckheadedness, but I also work in a Uni and it sounds like par for the course really. I am sorry you had to shit your pants though.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 18, 2019, 03:35:10 PM
So preparedness training now includes making people genuinely alarmed and distraught?

I've worked here for ten years and this is the most terrified I've ever been, as a result of terrorism training. You couldn't...well I mean you could make it up, it's more or less exactly what you'd come up with if you were going to write a sitcom about terrorism training.

Chollis

Most excitement I get at work is the fucking fire drill

pancreas

There's a slight whiff of Crab about this story.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2019, 03:35:04 PM
At least you're prepared for an attack now.

Not in those soiled trousers he ain't

Utter Shit

Quote from: pancreas on July 18, 2019, 04:18:45 PM
There's a slight whiff of Crab about this story.

Would be an odd thing to make up. The only two other times anything has happened at my work interesting to make a thread about (someone brought a seagull in a box to my office and demanded I "deal with it", a woman surreptitiously took photos of me then emailed them to me) I provided evidence so hopefully someone managed to get a photo of a class of frightened Chinese teenagers that I can post on here.

madhair60

I have, but I am using them for main wanking.

Goldentony

hang about, so cover yourself in blood during an earthquake? not stand under a door frame or a table?

Utter Shit

Quote from: Goldentony on July 18, 2019, 06:11:38 PM
hang about, so cover yourself in blood during an earthquake? not stand under a door frame or a table?

I was initially told it was earthquake training but it turned out to be terrorism training, just a guess but I think the guy who said earthquake training might have been told not to say terrorism.

Cold Meat Platter

Did he do a big exaggerated wink when he said 'earthquake'?

Goldentony

get tomorrow off with emotional distress, make sure you ring from the beer garden you're in

bgmnts

Imagine a terrorist attack DURING an earthquake.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2019, 07:07:14 PM
Imagine a terrorist attack DURING an earthquake.

That would be the sort of bourgeois complacency shaking one would expect from danger man

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 18, 2019, 06:27:30 PM
I think the guy who said earthquake training might have been told not to say terrorism.

But surely in that case he would have said "deranged individual training"?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 18, 2019, 04:01:06 PM
I've worked here for ten years and this is the most terrified I've ever been, as a result of terrorism training. You couldn't...well I mean you could make it up, it's more or less exactly what you'd come up with if you were going to write a sitcom about terrorism training.
Reminds me of when the episode of the US Office aired where Dwight stages a workplace fire to test staff readiness and isn't disciplined for his actions. A lot of people said that was the point when the show became too ridiculous.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 18, 2019, 06:05:36 PM
Would be an odd thing to make up. The only two other times anything has happened at my work interesting to make a thread about (someone brought a seagull in a box to my office and demanded I "deal with it", a woman surreptitiously took photos of me then emailed them to me) I provided evidence so hopefully someone managed to get a photo of a class of frightened Chinese teenagers that I can post on here.

I hope you cranked the gulls neck then handed the box back.