Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Clever stuff for stupid people

Started by Blue Jam, July 18, 2019, 06:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 05, 2019, 11:24:31 PM
Back on the topic of "overnight oats"- aren't they really horrible and mushy? Also isn't part of the deal with them that you can make them in bulk and they'll keep for a good few days, so you can have cheap nutritious breakfasts and lunches all week? Paying £6 for a pot seems to defeat the point.
I like overnight oats.

zomgmouse

People who exclusively share articles about the chemical benefits of weed and mushrooms.

touchingcloth

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 06, 2019, 08:51:32 AM
People who exclusively share articles about the chemical benefits of weed and mushrooms.

CBD oil is actually good though.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 05, 2019, 10:49:08 PM
I think it's ostentatiously paying through the nose for things you can easily recreate at home for fuck all.

How much do you pay for a glass of wine or beer in a restaurant, compared to a bottle of same at the offie?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Twed on August 05, 2019, 05:05:29 PM
God I fucking hate The Oatmeal.

i fucking forgot about this heap

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/atheism

not even clever. just stupid for stupid people who think they are the smartest.

ZoyzaSorris

Blue Jam

Quote from: kalowski on August 06, 2019, 07:59:49 AM
I like overnight oats.

Fair enough. I once tried bircher muesli and found it a bit soggy and unpleasant, and I'm one of those people who hate soggy cereal and will just add the milk bit by bit.

I do like Oatly though, and that "Oat Fraiche" stuff they also make...

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 06, 2019, 09:08:59 AM
i fucking forgot about this heap

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/atheism

not even clever. just stupid for stupid people who think they are the smartest.

Is that actually meant to be Ricky Gervais?

I like this one:

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

Exploding Kittens can get to fuck though.

ZoyzaSorris

I have to say I don't really get the lob-and-wide-ons for sneering at the popularisation of science (however ham-fisted and simplistic) or people trying to explore anything outside of the failing status quo ante health or diet wise here, all a bit depressing and shit.

kalowski

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 06, 2019, 10:47:21 AM
Fair enough. I once tried bircher muesli and found it a bit soggy and unpleasant, and I'm one of those people who hate soggy cereal and will just add the milk bit by bit.

I do like Oatly though, and that "Oat Fraiche" stuff they also make...
I have no idea about that. I put 1/3 cup each of oats, milk and yogurt in a bowl. Mix and leave in the fridge.

Cuellar

Quote from: kalowski on August 06, 2019, 02:06:29 PM
I have no idea about that. I put 1/3 cup each of oats, milk and yogurt in a bowl. Mix and leave in the fridge.

You IDIOT

kalowski

kalowski

Oh, and surely Ricky Gervais' After Life counts as "clever stuff for stupid people"?

touchingcloth

Quote from: kalowski on August 06, 2019, 02:20:17 PM
Oh, and surely Ricky Gervais' After Life counts as "clever stuff for stupid people"?

Ricky Gervais either as himself or as in character a gnat's cock away from himself. "Just words", "choosing to be offended", "don't believe in Muhammed in the same way I don't believe in Jesus". Never wrong as such, always obvious.

Sebastian Cobb

See what I do here is dice an apple put it in a tupperware, throw in cinnamon and shake, then chuck a cup each of almond milk and oats in there.

touchingcloth

Leave it in the fridge to what end?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 06, 2019, 08:10:18 PM
See what I do here is dice an apple put it in a tupperware, throw in cinnamon and shake, then chuck a cup each of almond milk and oats in there.

What I like to do is poach an egg in soup and serve it up with a pork pie/sausage roll.

Sebastian Cobb

It's nice that we all have things that we like to do.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 06, 2019, 08:14:55 PM
It's nice that we all have things that we like to do.

Are you proud of the things you do? Do think any of them are representative of your best work?

kalowski

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 06, 2019, 08:13:55 PM
Leave it in the fridge to what end?
The fridge is very good at keeping things cold.
I then get it out of the fridge in the morning and eat it. With a spoon.
Sometimes I add honey, or bananas, or some berries. Sometimes I don't.

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

Calling yourself an "intersectional feminist" when even just "feminist" is probably a stretch.

kalowski

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 06, 2019, 09:30:24 PM
Calling yourself an "intersectional feminist" when even just "feminist" is probably a stretch.
I don't!! I just eat cold porridge.

Blue Jam

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: thecuriousorange on August 06, 2019, 10:29:30 PM
Pink Floyd - The Wall

Amen. The film is one of the dullest experiences I've ever endured and I was completely baked at the time. God knows what it's like if you have to sit through it straight.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 06, 2019, 10:53:53 PM
Amen. The film is one of the dullest experiences I've ever endured and I was completely baked at the time. God knows what it's like if you have to sit through it straight.

It's actually really good, one of the best things in music.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 06, 2019, 08:14:24 PM
What I like to do is poach an egg in soup and serve it up with a pork pie/sausage roll.

Come on Oldham, g'is a goal!

zomgmouse

Re the bircher muesli thing, I recently started making my own. I freshly squeeze oranges, mix in some yoghurt and a bit of cinnamon then some oats. Then leave that in the fridge for two days - which apparently is not so much for soaking but something something fermentation. Then when I'm about to eat it have it with some sultanas or dried apricots and I might crush some almonds in there and also I've taken to crumbling some sort of biscuit like a hobnob or something for sweetness and texture.