Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:49:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The man who composed the shake and vac advert is no longer with us...

Started by derek stitt, July 18, 2019, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek stitt

... I hope they scatter  his ashes on the carpet after the cremation.

Ray Travez

...when your carpet smells of death, your room does too-ooo

touchingcloth

I am aware of the lyrics "you do the shake and vac and put the freshness back" and of shake and vac being a blowjob eupho. I've just realised I have no idea what it really means, though, as I doubt the jingle was advertising blowjobs.

NoSleep

It's a "deodorant" you spill on the carpet. And then you suck it off.

touchingcloth

NoSleep

touchingcloth

I also have no idea whether this thread references a real event, or is just a piece of whimsy. Wiki says of the shake and vac advert, "music by: 1950's rock and roll style", so if he really is dead I hope they don't cremate him cos I'd like to see that headstone.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 19, 2019, 08:35:52 AM
But with a vacuum involved.

No you were closer with your other comment. Where do you think the term "rug muncher" comes from? Homophobia? Get real!

derek stitt

Sadly, Jonathan Hodge passed away early this month, he was 78 and lived in Folkestone. Quiet a good life by all accounts.

Catalogue Trousers

He also worked with Bob Godfrey on Great and Henry's Cat, created the Fiddley Foodle Bird, and was at one point married to Paul Raymond's daughter. Quite a fascinating life!