Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jay & Silent Bob: Reboot

Started by Noodle Lizard, July 19, 2019, 12:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Another sequel or reboot nobody asked for.

VelourSpirit

Didn't expect Damon or Affleck to be in this. Only really liked Clerks but Smith seems like a nice guy.

St_Eddie

I feel confident in saying that this will be shit.  I'm sure that Kevin Smith had a lot of fun making it though.  He'll sleep well tonight.  Bless.

Mister Six

Well if it's keeping Jason Mewes alive I can't really complain.

Elderly Jason Lee is going to look exactly like elderly Bruce Campbell, I think. Or at least his slightly dweebier brother.

Nice that all the slebs are still turning up for what I assume is peanuts, even though only about five people are going to watch this in the cinema.

Shaky

Of the original Askew run I always thought Strike Back was by far the worst so not looking forward to this. Clerks III or the mooted Mallrats sequel would've been more interesting, if not necessarily "good".

Noodle Lizard

That trailer really did look like a parade of "all the C-list celebs I got to be in my film" (with the exception of the two second-long shots of Damon and Affleck, which will probably not be significantly longer in the final product).  Then again, I don't know what the original Jay & Silent Bob trailer looked like, and I guess you have to sell it somehow.  Not sure where that Comic-Con meta-reference to "Kevin Smith is directing this?" is going — nowhere good, I expect.

Glad to see his appalling daughter has a role.  The 'How High' crossover seems beyond desperate in 2019.  Astonished to see the comments are almost universally positive: "Shannon Elizabeth? Take all my money SteveDave!!!!".  Jay and Silent Bob look as though they're battling cancer.  Better concept for a reboot there, I reckon.

phantom_power

What a waste of a good cast of actors (and a load of Smith's family and friends)

samadriel

SteveDave

This is just a repeat of "Strikes Back" no? Good to see Q in the trailer though. He's famous now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: samadriel on July 19, 2019, 11:03:33 AM
What's with Mewes' teeth?

It almost looks like he forgot to put his falsers in for the long shot.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: TwinPeaks on July 19, 2019, 02:28:30 AM
Only really liked Clerks but Smith seems like a nice guy.

There are two things, Smith the personality which I'm pretty much a fan of (Twitter tweets about his knob notwithstanding). And then there's Smith the filmmaker which I have a much more complicated opinion on.

I remember a speech he did about his dad dying and the fact that when he died he was screaming in pain/fear etc. And if a good dude like him can die screaming then fuck it I'm making Yoga Hosers. Now I haven't seen Yoga Hosers but the reviews were pretty bad and I've never been able to reconcile your father dying in pain even though he's a good guy with making mainly bad films starring your daughter.

Still, I'll give this a go when it comes out on torrent. Torrents are justified as I've seen Smith live twice and contributed around $200 to him which is more than most people I imagine.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: TwinPeaks on July 19, 2019, 02:28:30 AM
Didn't expect Damon or Affleck to be in this.

Apparently after his heart attack all sorts of sympathetic A-Listers started coming out of the woodwork to appear in this. Double the list of celebrities of the last film in that series according to him. And the filming was in New Orleans or somewhere like that, miles away from Hollywood so even more extraordinary that they made it out there. Near death experiences can be a useful recruitment tool it seems.

Shaky

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 19, 2019, 11:32:42 AM
Apparently after his heart attack all sorts of sympathetic A-Listers started coming out of the woodwork to appear in this. Double the list of celebrities of the last film in that series according to him. And the filming was in New Orleans or somewhere like that, miles away from Hollywood so even more extraordinary that they made it out there. Near death experiences can be a useful recruitment tool it seems.

Interestingly, Affleck was quoted not that long ago saying he would've loved to be in this film but he'd probably missed the boat etc as filming was already well underway. Seems he was a very last minute addition.

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 19, 2019, 09:43:06 AM
Jay and Silent Bob look as though they're battling cancer.

They do look haggard don't they. Too old for the characters not to have evolved in the slightest. Just about pulled it off in the more melancholy mid-life Clerks II, but now it's gone full cartoon antics again they look a bit like strange wizened men cosplaying as the characters.

madhair60

1. I like Smith.
2. This will be shit.
3. I'll watch it anyway.

Consignia

Jay and silent Bob strike back is one of my guilty pleasures. So I'm mildly interested. Not watched the trailer yet, so it'll probably be shit.

lipsink

Good God. Jason Mewes' face looks like he's been to hell and back.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: lipsink on July 19, 2019, 12:42:56 PM
Good God. Jason Mewes' face looks like he's been to hell and back.

He's been to heroin and back.

He was mates with Jack Osborne for chrissake. He's lucky to be alive.

Consignia

Quote from: Consignia on July 19, 2019, 12:08:54 PM
Jay and silent Bob strike back is one of my guilty pleasures. So I'm mildly interested. Not watched the trailer yet, so it'll probably be shit.

Watched the trailer; no longer interested.

lipsink

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 19, 2019, 12:58:51 PM

Weirdly, Jack Osborne looks better. Did he absorb some of Jason Mewe's good genes?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Consignia on July 19, 2019, 01:16:40 PM
Watched the trailer; no longer interested.

I watched half the trailer with the sound off and by god. I'll probably still watch it at some point but it's getting to the point where surely only the most die hard fans can be bothered with any of this.

Goldentony

There's a whiff of Atoll K about the way the two of them look here.

I'm glad Kevin Smith seems healthy and happy and is just doing the films he wants to do, but yeah this looks fucking awful. Has anyone managed to somehow excel at defying all lowest possible expectations than this guy since Strike Back? I remember getting a pirated copy of the workprint off my dad's mate, and upon my dad handing it to me he proclaims something to the effect of

"The guy who gave this to me? he checked it over for the quality and he says you're a sick, sad person"

just before having to go to a dentists appointment so I couldnt even sit down and find out why til later

St_Eddie

Just watched the trailer; that's far worse than I was expecting and my expectations were already rock bottom.  Shockingly poor looking!  Lowest common denominator tripe.

Quote from: Goldentony on July 19, 2019, 08:25:00 PM
I remember getting a pirated copy of the workprint off my dad's mate, and upon my dad handing it to me he proclaims something to the effect of

"The guy who gave this to me? he checked it over for the quality and he says you're a sick, sad person"

Haha.  That's wonderfully bleak.

McChesney Duntz

Y'all are burying the lede - the first known images of Kevin Smith not wearing a hockey jersey.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 19, 2019, 12:58:51 PM

What happened to Jack Osbourne between being some melt in the background of the reality tv show and now?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 20, 2019, 07:56:24 AM
What happened to Jack Osbourne between being some melt in the background of the reality tv show and now?

I believe he has or had his own career as a mountain climbing reality TV star like Bear Grills or what have you. Not that I've been following his career.

Smith made reference to Mewes and Osborne being sober together and going to nightclubs and pulling wool. Apparently this phase of their life was amusingly called "Project Falcon" or something similar.

Mister Six

"Pull wool"? "Project Falcon"? I don't understand any of this.

Golden E. Pump

I'll watch it if they can get Morris Day & The Time. And I mean the Original Seven. Not Morris Day & The Part Time.

I realise I am the only person who cares.