Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaBber, I just killed a mouse

Started by Johnny Yesno, July 19, 2019, 12:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: pigamus on July 19, 2019, 08:53:05 AM
There was a mouse on Hearts of Gold with Esther Rantzen in about 1991 I think. Saved a boy from a fire, or a chair or something, I can't remember. That's a reasonable achievement for a mouse.

Nah loads of mice have done amazing things, there's statues of them everywhere, they're just a bit hard to spot.

touchingcloth

I feel like I've read that Disney's animators referred to their place of work as Mauschwitz due to old man Walt being quite the cunt.

Icehaven

He'd probably have liked that though.

touchingcloth

Quote from: icehaven on July 19, 2019, 08:57:48 AM
Nah loads of mice have done amazing things, there's statues of them everywhere, they're just a bit hard to spot.

Robert "Mouseman" Thompson immortalised all of the best and most successful ones in his furniture.

NoSleep

It's only fair that you eat it now.

kittens

Quote from: pigamus on July 19, 2019, 08:56:32 AM
Duckhau

work's been absolutely crawling with ducks lately, it's disgusting. i opened my drawer this morning and i swear there was at least 4 or 5 ducks in there. we're getting someone in to gas the ducks soon, but i wish we had dealt with it as soon as we found the first nest. i'm terrified of accidentally bringing some of the eggs home with me.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: icehaven on July 19, 2019, 08:52:00 AM
We have these traps at my work that are long plastic cylinders with openings at each end, and when a mouse goes in, a little door drops down and traps them inside, then poison gas is released from a cannister inside. Can anyone guess their tasteful nickname?

Didgeridoom

Dex Sawash

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Cerys on July 19, 2019, 08:11:25 AM
Thanks for pointing out what the thread title was clearly referencing.

To be fair, my thoughts went to "Reader, I married him."

wosl

I just killed a mouse
That was trying to move into my house
I never found out what its name was
It's looking rather squashed
But at least it died quick

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 19, 2019, 09:04:18 AM
Robert "Mouseman" Thompson immortalised all of the best and most successful ones in his furniture.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pigamus on July 19, 2019, 08:39:52 AM
But that would be 'CaBber, just killed a mouse', wouldn't it?

Bah, it seems you're right too. My lyrical tribute was as poorly executed as the mouse :-(

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: icehaven on July 19, 2019, 08:56:22 AM
Quote from: touchingcloth on July 19, 2019, 08:54:52 AM
I feel that Mauschwitz is almost too obvious to guess.

You would be wrong to feel that.

Desolation.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 19, 2019, 11:10:07 AM
Didgeridoom

That, on the other hand, would've been funny.

pigamus

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on July 19, 2019, 02:10:00 PM
To be fair, my thoughts went to "Reader, I married him."

Don't need to be fair to me mate
Quote from: touchingcloth on July 19, 2019, 08:15:43 AM
churlish and redundant
that's what they call me

Jittlebags

weekender

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 19, 2019, 12:56:01 AM
This was only partially successful as I was wearing slippers

I would like to hear more details about your partial success, and also what I presume is your new slipper situation.

pigamus

I feel a bit bad joking about that actually because it must have been fucking horrible.

weekender

What is fucking horrible to some may actually be arousing to others.

When I was 5 I stood, barefoot, onto a slug.  Crushed its brain between my toes.

Ever since then, I've always been interested in murdering innocent animals, children, people etc.

Hi MI5/MI6 (don't really know the difference apart from that it's '1'), hope you're well.

pigamus

Quote from: weekender on July 19, 2019, 09:36:54 PM
What is fucking horrible to some, may actually be arousing to others.

They call it the Cerys Titty Spiders Paradox

weekender

I'm going out on a limb, but does that paradox name have its origins from the Cerys Titty Spider Biting Nipple incident?

I can recall the details of that one, but as it's before the famous board crash of 2004, I think you should probably do the honours and explain in great detail what you're referring to.

Small Man Big Horse

The only deliberate murder I've ever committed was when I put a snail on a barbecue back in 1998. I still feel guilty about it to this day, but I hope your brain is less mean as it clearly was an accident.

My mother did something vaguely similar ages ago when she tried to catch a mouse by putting some Tupperware over it, but the shock of being trapped caused the mouse to have a massive heart attack. And now she is in hell (and my Mum probably will be too once she dies).

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 19, 2019, 11:21:39 PM
My mother did something vaguely similar ages ago when she tried to catch a mouse by putting some Tupperware over it, but the shock of being trapped caused the mouse to have a massive heart attack.

Your mum must have impressively fast reactions. Kudos to her.

I wish I'd been using something made of Tupperware - I don't think it goes brittle with age. Or if my mouse had to die, I would have preferred it was by heart attack. I didn't know that could happen. Did your mum's mouse have a history of drinking and smoking, do you know?

Cerys

Quote from: weekender on July 19, 2019, 09:44:11 PM
I'm going out on a limb, but does that paradox name have its origins from the Cerys Titty Spider Biting Nipple incident?

I can recall the details of that one, but as it's before the famous board crash of 2004, I think you should probably do the honours and explain in great detail what you're referring to.

We don't speak of the Spider Biting Nipple incident.  That poor, masticated arachnid.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pigamus on July 19, 2019, 09:32:10 PM
I feel a bit bad joking about that actually because it must have been fucking horrible.

It was, and I truly appreciate people saying kind things, and relating their own stories of accidental killing, especially immediately after the event. But CaB's ability to laugh as Death pulls his hood up and gets the dog shit all over him that some prankster has dropped in it is one of the things that has kept me coming back all these years.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: weekender on July 19, 2019, 09:36:54 PM
What is fucking horrible to some may actually be arousing to others.

I have heard that this is actually a thing with some people. Seeing rodents crushed by a bare foot.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on July 20, 2019, 01:22:16 PM
We don't speak of the Spider Biting Nipple incident.  That poor, masticated arachnid.

Is this not the events described in the Spider in my Cleavage thread?

Replies From View

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 20, 2019, 01:38:24 PMI have heard that this is actually a thing with some people. Seeing rodents crushed by a bare foot.

Are you perhaps not pointing out what he was clearly implying?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 20, 2019, 04:19:52 PM
Are you perhaps not pointing out what he was clearly implying?

Hmm, on consideration, I think I probably am, yes.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 19, 2019, 08:59:53 AM
I feel like I've read that Disney's animators referred to their place of work as Mauschwitz due to old man Walt being quite the cunt.

they did- it was quite widespread throughout the corporation, & then a memo went round. within the hour, the story is, they'd come up with 'duckau'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8htqvV-9ESI

but none of this is as funny as the beslimed slipper.