Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunty little Apps '2019

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 19, 2019, 06:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm getting a bit bored with my current lot of games and apps

Please recommend

1) Fun apps

That's it

BlodwynPig

1) Sessio Sings 3 rubles
2) Pundstretcher 99p or your money back
3) App games for cunts free while stocks last, 5.99 thereafter

Jerzy Bondov

1) Google Play Store - with this app you can access thousands of apps

Sin Agog

868-Hack.  Once you've got the basics locked down, it's about as elementally addictive as Tetris or matching 3 things together.

touchingcloth

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Anyone got any good apps though

a duncandisorderly

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Phone app..you can phone people.

Ferris

GBA 4 iOS

Gameboy emulator on your phone. Works a treat. Pokémon Red on the plane, and it's fullscreen and backlit, yes mate.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 21, 2019, 10:01:43 AM
GBA 4 iOS

Gameboy emulator on your phone. Works a treat. Pokémon Red on the plane, and it's fullscreen and backlit, yes mate.

if you kick the back of my seat one more fucking time I'll cunt you out of one of these little windows like the fat fuck in that james bond flick & chuck the phone out after you.

Ferris

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 21, 2019, 11:00:14 AM
if you kick the back of my seat one more fucking time I'll cunt you out of one of these little windows like the fat fuck in that james bond flick & chuck the phone out after you.

No Pokémon ROMs for you!

Noonling

Games I've actually played on Android:
- Conscientia: the Book of Eidos (Free) - Bizarre and confusing interactive fiction. I greatly enjoyed it, even if I understood very little. Replayable, you gain knowledge in each playthrough.
- Seedship (Free) - Its very simple and in many ways unremarkable, but I found I kept wanting to uncover as many possibilities as possible. You basically play as an AI ship full of frozen colonists, and decide how long to keep going until you find a planet to land on (you can scan the planets and investigate a little). Once you land its the end of the interactiveness, but it tells you what happened to the colonists - if they got eaten by fauna, found ancient alien ruins that helped them thrive, or just had a despotic monarchy that was stuck in the dark ages.
- Card Thief (Free) - A great stealthy card game...thing.
- Sorcery! (£3.99) - A good adaption of a Steve Jackson CYOA book, made by Inkle Studios. It's a little too generic for my liking, but its replayable and well-made. They also made 80 Days.
- Day R Survival (Free, IAPs) - A surprisingly good apocalypse survival game set in 1980s USSR. RNG can be a bit of a pain though. IIRC (its been a long while since I played it), it is one of those games that keeps trying to push the IAPs on you.
- Star Traders RPG (£2.79, has free version) - A fantastic 4X for mobile - they actually made the Android version first before creating a PC one. I do prefer the PC version, but this was the first ever Android game I paid money for just because it was surprisingly in-depth (and difficult). Takes a while to get the hang of though, and doesn't explain everything to you.
- Text Fiction Play Zork! (free) - Basically allows you to play a whole bunch of Interactive Fiction, all for free.
- Idle Mage Attack (free, IAPs) - I hate most mobile idle games, but something about this one appealed to me. I feel like it gives you more choice that most idle games, and there's most interaction.
- Flow Free (Free, IAPs) - I can't explain what's so amazing about this puzzle game, but its so very satisfying - the little noises when you join up all the dots are great. An amazing de-stressor. Many of the early levels are far too easy, but the larger ones are just the right balance to make you feel clever without feeling frustrated.

Games that I've played on PC but Android port is available:
- Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Free) - On PC I would say it is handsdown the best roguelike in existence. Bar none. It's an open world apocalypse game that to start off with is pretty hard, but once you get used to it you can reliably last a few days. I could wax lyrically about it forever - its so very replable, constantly updated, loads of different elements and ways to play it. HOWEVER I can't imagine its easy to play on Android, and I suspect it might be the type of thing you'd want to be familiar with on PC first. Android version is a fan port I believe.
- HyperRogue (Free version, or £2 for full) - A great puzzly-type roguelike-ish, set in a non-Euclidean world. Mind-boggling to get your head around, but incredibly fun - I've sunk 70+ hours into it on PC. I would imagine it would play well on Android.
- Desktop Dungeons (£7.91) - A fun roguelite (i.e. upgradable elements between runs) - another game I've played 50+ hours on PC. What I particularly liked about it is the various mini-achievements you can do, e.g. on each run you can get a bonus for not worshipping a god, not drinking potions etc. BUT I can't imagine the port would be that great.
- A Dark Room (£1.79) - A nice idle(ish) game that has a good atmosphere to it. I can't imagine there are any issues with Android

Quote from: Sin Agog on July 19, 2019, 08:53:49 AM
868-Hack.  Once you've got the basics locked down, it's about as elementally addictive as Tetris or matching 3 things together.

Ooh, there's a Steam version of this too. How replayable is it?