Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:10:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Game Openings

Started by The Boston Crab, July 19, 2019, 07:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abnormal Palm

It is an exciting moment, buddy, and one every gamer can remember because of the atmosphere and the FMV. At this time, the graphics are insane! The title's appearance on screen and the gloomy voice.

RESIDENT EVIL!

It is a great opening of a game.

Jerzy Bondov

posted this before in some other fucking thread or other but

FIRST. THERE WAS MENACE.

NOW...

PSYGNOSIS PRESENTS

A DMA DESIGN GAME

BLOOOOOOOODDDD MONEYYYYYYYYYY

Kelvin

I've held off saying Breath of the Wild for long enough.

The moment you step out of the first cave and Link runs up the hill as the camera soaks in that beautiful Kingdom is enough to warrant a place on this list, but I actually think the entire Great Plateau is worth including, as it might well be my favourite bit of the entire game. The greater need for potions and food. The sense of being entirely alone with nature.The fact that every fight really counts and feels scrappy and desperate. The way it acts like a perfectly honed microcosm of the entire game.

Of the four or five Zelda games with good introductions (in plenty of Zelda games, the intro is the worst part), BotW is arguably my favourite. 

kalowski

Pawn to e4 followed by Ruy Lopez

Cerys

Quote from: bgmnts on July 24, 2019, 03:28:44 PM
People are mentioning epic opening set pieces or cinematic beginnings and i'm mentioning the cheesy live action intronin Resident Evil....

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Bazooka

Quote from: Kelvin on July 24, 2019, 05:35:05 PM
I've held off saying Breath of the Wild for long enough.

The moment you step out of the first cave and Link runs up the hill as the camera soaks in that beautiful Kingdom is enough to warrant a place on this list, but I actually think the entire Great Plateau is worth including, as it might well be my favourite bit of the entire game. The greater need for potions and food. The sense of being entirely alone with nature.The fact that every fight really counts and feels scrappy and desperate. The way it acts like a perfectly honed microcosm of the entire game.

Of the four or five Zelda games with good introductions (in plenty of Zelda games, the intro is the worst part), BotW is arguably my favourite.

Its only good because its fast to let you get going, it has yet to no soul or charm.

Kelvin

Quote from: Bazooka on July 25, 2019, 05:25:55 AM
Its only good because its fast to let you get going, it has yet to no soul or charm.

Totally disagree. It's the part of the game that feels most in tune with nature and survivalism, and therefore has a very distinct feel to me.

I almost wish the entire game was a bit more like the opening plateau, great as the rest is.