Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

who need BBC?

Started by poo, July 19, 2019, 10:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

Cuellar

Blumf

The music isn't jaunty enough.

Head Gardener

Replies From View

If this is somehow a serious thread about whether anything about BBC News feels impartial or worthwhile nowadays then I think no, it doesn't.

I'm going to suggest that diminished funding has played its part, so they now lack the resources to research and offer meaningful independent journalism, but being infested with right wing establishment players is equally to blame. 

Regardless of the causes, BBC News no longer has a purpose that isn't already filled elsewhere by someone on YouTube shoving some tweets together and saying "look at this thing I found".

No idea what the BBC offers now apart from the news.  Doctor Who is now shit and that's all.

New folder

The decline of both the BBC's 'journalistic integrity' and the quality of Doctor Who is no mere coincidence. The whole institution is fucked. Although, what do you expect, every BBC director is openly a fucking Tory stooge. Televised news was always shit for cunts though.

jamiefairlie

Once it started doing things that 'people wanted' rather than making good things regardless of current fads, it was fucked. The whole point of being government funded was to remove that commercial force and allow it to focus on quality, but that's not sexy enough for the shallow cunts in charge.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on January 19, 2020, 02:37:33 PM
If this is somehow a serious thread about whether anything about BBC News feels impartial or worthwhile nowadays then I think no, it doesn't.

I'm going to suggest that diminished funding has played its part, so they now lack the resources to research and offer meaningful independent journalism, but being infested with right wing establishment players is equally to blame. 

Regardless of the causes, BBC News no longer has a purpose that isn't already filled elsewhere by someone on YouTube shoving some tweets together and saying "look at this thing I found".

No idea what the BBC offers now apart from the news.  Doctor Who is now shit and that's all.

Who and BBC has been shit since 1997, 1999 at a putsch.

amateur

Countryfile's quite good.