Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Karen Gwyer's ambient pools and whirling techno dervishes

Started by alan nagsworth, July 19, 2019, 12:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

In the last six months or so I've become really really familiar with this music. She's just released a new EP, Man On Mountain, and as with everything else she's done, it's brilliant.

Here is the lead track off that: Faces on Ankles

Here's a more subdued tune off her album Needs Continuum: Sugar Tots

Here's a big immersive gorgeous 10 minute long fucker: Free Food/One Men Striper

And here's a couple of bangers off Rembo, one of my favourite things she's done: The Workers Are On Strike / He's Been Teaching Me To Drive

This is the exact sort of stuff I look for electronic music right now. That AFX quality of insistent analog-sounding beats and abstract non-melodies that spiral round in my head and makes me daydream both listless but also constantly compelled to move like I've got one of those parasites in my brain that inhabit the bodies of praying mantis and make them walk into water and drown so they can reproduce. That one weird chord that permeates most of "The Workers Are On Strike" is fantastic. Absolutely love her music.

BlodwynPig

The world is super-saturated with music like this. Pleasant, but I've not really re-listened to her records that I have.

popcorn

Have to agree with Blodwyn that it doesn't sound particularly unlike loads of other music, but I am enjoying it. Onto the Spotify playlists she goes.