Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sitcom worlds

Started by Utter Shit, July 19, 2019, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Robbed this from the Elis and John podcast.

If you had to live in one sitcom world forever, which would you choose? Interpret that however you feel, I know it can be taken a load of ways.

Cuellar

Goodnight Sweetheart, so I could sit there and pine for my husband Gandrew Sparrow when he mysteriously disappears for days at a time again

lankyguy95

The Office US.

Can sail through your job every day without putting any effort in. Eventually, a few years down the line when there isn't much interesting going on, I'll inevitably be written into a love triangle. Sweet times.

Captain Z

Alan Partridge world: Everything would be pretty much the same as it is now, except people could rise from the dead and a Pete Best album would be the most popular music in the world.

Gulftastic

I'm not sure, but it'd be an American one, so an ugly fat bloke like me can get a scorching hot wifey.

Mr Banlon

ajsmith2

Seinfeld. No commitment end of history 90s fools paradise.

Icehaven

Frasier in the week, Spaced at weekends.

Coprolite

Red dwarf

People are dicks

Autopsy Turvey

Does The Darling Buds Of May count as a sitcom? A teacher once told us that television never depicted worlds that people would want to live in, and I said The Darling Buds Of May, and she pretended not to want to live free in a post-war rural idyll having baths with David Jason and picking apples with Catherine Zeta Jones.

Otherwise, maybe Up Pompeii!

Tony Tony Tony

Man About The House... fnarr fnarr

Small Man Big Horse

Either:

30 Rock - As one of the writers, happily trotting out an average comedy show each week while surrounded by very funny people.

Detectorists - Which would be a reasonably lazy life spent hanging around with your friends while walking around fields on sunny days. And then finding treasure worth a fuck load.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - I'd get to have sex with Rachel Bloom and then sing about it afterwards. I can't imagine a happier life to be honest.

Archer - The chance to be a super spy and seemingly immortal would be hard to pass up.

Bennett Brauer

Bennett Brauer

Fawlty Towers.

I'd ask Polly where she's from.

RoadMaintenanceTycoon

Bottom. I'd let ade and rik piss on me and ruin my boy ass

Rizla

Shelley or Taxi, I'll toss for it

samadriel

Quote from: Rizla on July 20, 2019, 02:09:50 AM
Shelley or Taxi, I'll toss for it

I'LL BET YOU WILL YOU DIRTY OLD ETC

Alberon

The Simpsons.

Yeah, I'd have jaundice but I'd also be immortal.

a duncandisorderly

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Red Dwarf probably (first series or maybe second only). Every other human dead, no pointless chit chat, have a wank in every room of the ship until I die. Try and have sex with the cat. Bliss.

petril

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 20, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
Red Dwarf probably (first series or maybe second only). Every other human dead, no pointless chit chat, have a wank in every room of the ship until I die. Try and have sex with the cat. Bliss.

yeah but stuck with Rimmer in a way you can't just punch fuck out of him in response. pros and cons

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Wank into his server CPU housing.

neveragain

Quote from: Mr Banlon on July 19, 2019, 07:07:25 PM
Always Sunny.

Yes but why? It would be awful. They wouldn't let you join the Gang, they'd scarcely even be friendly. You'd probably get stabbed. Or at the least dreadfully insulted.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: neveragain on July 20, 2019, 04:42:34 PM
Yes but why? It would be awful. They wouldn't let you join the Gang, they'd scarcely even be friendly. You'd probably get stabbed. Or at the least dreadfully insulted.

It wouldn't be difficult to seduce Dee though. Or rip Frank off for a sod load of money. Though he probably would chase you down and make you suffer for doing so.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: ajsmith2 on July 19, 2019, 07:13:56 PM
Seinfeld. No commitment end of history 90s fools paradise.

Definitely this. You can act as selfishly and foolishly as you like with zero repercussions. You will never feel guilty about the way you've behaved because you're too shallow to care.

One could argue that the tragedy of the Seinfeld Four is that they're destined to die alone, having never savoured the soul-fulfilling joy of deep, meaningful love, but I quite like the idea of living to a ripe old age and not giving a shit about any of that. Imagine drifting off into eternal sleep with a casually satisfied, Jerry-esque "meh". Sounds nice, doesn't it?

Bazooka

The League of Gentleman, its in the peak district, even if full of freaks.

kidsick5000

I was about to say Friends, huge NY apartment, seemingly no work to do.
But would the insistence on Hootie And The Blowfish concerts ruin it?

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 20, 2019, 09:10:53 AM
the monkees

Oh yes

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on July 19, 2019, 11:41:47 PM
Man About The House... fnarr fnarr

UK in the 70s. A nightmare in brown

marquis_de_sad

Futurama. But I think you'd only appreciate it if you were Fry.