Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best PS1 Games

Started by The Boston Crab, July 19, 2019, 09:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I hacked my PS Classic and I've got the best shmups and my arcade stick fired up. What else do I need? I will play anything good. I love the ugly graphics man.

Any RPG or shitty action game or weird stuff. Bring it on.

bgmnts

Worms, Lemmings, Tomb Raider, FF IX and Micro Machine.

Thursday

Circuit Breakers, the thinking man's (or contrarian twats) Micro Machines

Jakey Chesterton

Panzer Front was a really good, atmospheric ww2 tank tactics/sim game that managed to both be technically impressive and look like total shit at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYS1z2lD_vQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPj35k3yEY

St_Eddie

Bishi Bashi Special
Bust-a-Groove
Chrono Cross

The Crash Bandicoot trilogy
Die Hard Trilogy
Driver
Final Fantasy VII & IX (maybe VIII as well, if you enjoy those two)
Metal Gear Solid
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
and Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy
Rayman
Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Road Rash (the 3DO port - not Road Rash 3D)
Tony Hawk's Skateboarding
Williams Arcade Greatest Hits
WipeOut 2097

Quote from: bgmnts on July 19, 2019, 11:47:02 PM
Worms, Lemmings...

Eh, I wouldn't recommend these titles for use with a pad.  They're much better suited to playing with a mouse (preferably on PC).

Thanks, all. I really should have been more specific though.

Ideally, these would be games I've never heard of, your deep cuts and the like.

Thanks, Jakey and Thursday, that's the kind of thing I'm after.

Ed, great list of games but I've got them so great minds and all.

Would love some deep cuts even if they're janky as fuck, as long as they're good.

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 20, 2019, 05:03:16 AM
Ed, great list of games but I've got them so great minds and all.

Would love some deep cuts even if they're janky as fuck, as long as they're good.

Ah, okay.  Gotcha.  In that case...

Incredible Crisis
Irritating Stick
LSD: Dream Emulator

Sin Agog

Future Cop: LAPD

(Only one that came to mind because I was talking about it with Eddy a few weeks back).

Bazooka

Are you a jrpg junky? Answer me now.

magval

We'd a good thread on this a few months back too, for a few more recommendations - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,71930.0.html

Poobum

Is Colony Wars obscure? I've got a soft spot for the top down shooter Loaded and the sequel Reloaded, though apparently Reloaded reviewed quite badly, but as a stupid little shit of a kid I liked it.

Quote from: magval on July 20, 2019, 10:51:14 AM
We'd a good thread on this a few months back too, for a few more recommendations - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,71930.0.html

Thanks, mate. I thought I remembered something but I had no intention of getting a PSC at that point so it didn't stick in my memory. That's brilliant, though.

And thanks for the other suggestions, dudes. I'll save everyone going over the same recent topic and I'll scour that other thread.

biggytitbo

Cheers. I actually downloaded Tunnel B1 because it was one of the games we got with the PS1 that first Christmas. It wasn't very good but I'll always look back on it fondly because of the memories of the time. It was life changing for me and my brothers. Life changing. It's amazing going back to these games and realising how much love I have for the ugly clunky janky 3D engines and textures but I adore it.

biggytitbo

Yes I played many ps1 games back in the day, good and bad but that one sticks in my mind for some reason.

Rollcage was good, play that. And Die Hard Trilogy.

I played DHT yesterday, just the shooting gallery game, and it was as fun and funny as ever. It all seems so basic now but the destructible environments and secrets are still pretty cool and all that stuff blew me away back then. It was great fun just shooting everything and I mean everyone and everything, hostages, plebs, wasting them all. It's total chaos. Great fun for a blast.