Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

His Dark Materials (BBC)

Started by kalowski, July 20, 2019, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: cacciaguida on December 29, 2020, 02:01:48 PM
I mean, to be fair, Jopari's plan was to speak to the bearer and convince him to side with Asriel - which he did.

Ah, okay, thanks. That went over my head, for some reason.

Dex Sawash

I didn't get any sense that things were in place for anything in particular, just these people are all in the place with smoke baddies and bumghasts now. Ok, see you in 18 months.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 30, 2020, 01:26:48 AM
I didn't get any sense that things were in place for anything in particular, just these people are all in the place with smoke baddies and bumghasts now. Ok, see you in 18 months.

That was my main problem with the ending. The book ends with you knowing where these people all need to be off to next, and it's almost a cardinal rule to end a telly series on that sort of a note, but they just ended it on a comma, not even an ellipsis.

Johnny Yesno

Glyn

Have seen it mentioned that they had to drop plans for a standalone Asriel episode due to covid so perhaps that may have filled in some gaps ? Dont know if it was ever really planned to be filmed though or if it was one of those things shows do to get more budget for their other episodes.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 31, 2020, 08:55:22 AM
They just ended it on

They really did, and that resulted in it being quite

touchingcloth

Quote from: Glyn on December 31, 2020, 09:58:47 AM
Have seen it mentioned that they had to drop plans for a standalone Asriel episode due to covid so perhaps that may have filled in some gaps ? Dont know if it was ever really planned to be filmed though or if it was one of those things shows do to get more budget for their other episodes.

That would make sense. It was 7 episodes compared with last series' 8, so potentially they had plans to tie the threads together and not leave them quite so loose.

Dex Sawash