Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Are there any stand up comedians on this forum?!

Started by biamuk, July 20, 2019, 07:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biamuk

Hi,

I have been doing the open mic circuit for the last 3 months now, and wondering if anyone else on this forum is also on the scene?

It would be great to swap contacts :-)

Simon

(sardonic school teacher voice) Sooo, we have a comedian among us (folds arms and looks through narrowed eyes).

Small Man Big Horse

There's a few among us, and I used to do, but well, either a) It's a young man's game, Brian, and I am not a young man any more, or b) Eh, I got vaguely bearable but was never going to be great so quit while I was behind.

DrGreggles

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Tokyo van Ramming

Hi Simon. I'm a comedian, look;

Quote from: biamuk on July 20, 2019, 07:50:26 PM

BUT THAT WOULD BE UNHYGIENIC!

Twit 2

I'm a successful stand up comedian but I don't want to talk about it

bgmnts

I can barely stand up for more than 10 minutes without intense foot pain. I'd make a shit stand up.

McFlymo

Quote from: bgmnts on July 21, 2019, 12:10:05 AM
I can barely stand up for more than 10 minutes without intense foot pain. I'd make a shit stand up.

I'd be surprised if no one has ever tried a comedy act, where the stand up has to hop around the stage every now and then because of a sore foot. Maybe they could sit down occasionally, maybe limp across the stage from time to time.

Maybe a little more visually interesting than just fiddling with a mic stand.

bgmnts

Quote from: McFlymo on July 22, 2019, 04:58:50 PM
I'd be surprised if no one has ever tried a comedy act, where the stand up has to hop around the stage every now and then because of a sore foot. Maybe they could sit down occasionally, maybe limp across the stage from time to time.

Maybe a little more visually interesting than just fiddling with a mic stand.

I was thinking more of a sit-down comedian, just take Ronnie Corbett's stories but replace the story with a comedy set.

Deyv

I'd sit down if I could; the world just seems to want folk like me to stand.

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 21, 2019, 12:08:57 AM
I'm a successful stand up comedian but I don't want to talk about it

Quite understandable given your latest tax-dodge, Mr Dodd.

ProvanFan

McFlymo

Captain Z

I'll swap you my Tim Minchin's make up artist for an Avalon PR assistant.

Spiny Norman

Quote from: biamuk on July 20, 2019, 07:50:26 PM
Hi,

I have been doing the open mic circuit for the last 3 months now, and wondering if anyone else on this forum is also on the scene?

Simon
I'd ask them to stand up if they weren't already.

biamuk

That's great! Well, I'll keep an eye out for them then :-)

imitationleather

peteprodge

I do it from time to time. Was running about five regular comedy clubs at this point last year, outside of the day job, which is exhausting.

I progressed from the open spot level to some paid work, as I got out of the typical 'middle aged male talking about online pr0n' schtick and did a bizarre yet affable character. To cut a long story short, I pretend to be a moronic Wetherspoons' barmaid.