Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vampyr

Started by biggytitbo, July 20, 2019, 08:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

This would be a genuinely great game if it wasn't for the totally inept writing and acting of the NPCs. Its Dizzy level at times.

Still it manages to just about overcome it with its clever gameplay mechanics - you are vampire and the difficulty of the game is determined by which NPCs you decide to kill or spare. The more you kill, the more you can level up you skills, but the more chaotic and difficult the environments become.

It's really beautiful too, a lovely recreation of the early 20th century London during the spanish plague.

But man the writing and acting is so bad, imagine a really cheap early PS1 game's voice acting, it's about that level, if not worse.

bgmnts

The gameplay is shockingly bad. Repetitive and basic to fuck. The gimmick of 'killing important characters gives you better powers but BEWARE' is interesting but it doesnt make for how turd combat and movement is.

biggytitbo

I don't mind the combat or general gameplay, it's just the astonishing badness of the characters and writing that amazes me. How does that happen these days?

The general effect of the game and atmosphere has just about won me over though, despite its immense flaws.