Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Audible recommendations.

Started by bgmnts, July 21, 2019, 01:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Does anyone have any good recommendations for me in terms of radio dramas or novels/novellas performed as such? I loathe audiobooks with just a narrator reading from the book (Red Dwards are an exception as Barrie does each character) as they are as dull as dishwater.

I do love when there id a full cast of voice actors, maybe some ambience and effects too. Alien: Out of the Shadows is a great example of this. Does anyone know of any good ones I can use my credit on?

popcorn

Here's an audible recommendation for you:

GET FUCKED!!!!!

popcorn

Sorry I was going to recommend some Audible books after that but now I see you wanted dramas and I only listen to non-fiction.

Sorry.

studpuppet

Complete Smiley - was on Radio 4 a while back. Top notch cast (Simon Russell Beale channelling Alec Guinness a little). Eighteen hours worth and I've listened to them twice since they were broadcast.

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/The-Complete-George-Smiley-Radio-Dramas-Audiobook/B01DE1N04O

bgmnts

If anyone is a fan of the Alien series there is Alien: Out of the Shadows and Alien: Sea of Sorrows. The first one was very entertaining and the latter i've just started now.

Laurel Lefkow gives a great performance and Ripley as well.

The second one seems to have some proper talent in it too, Stockard Channing! as well Tony Gardner and John Chancer.