Author Topic: Audible recommendations.  (Read 613 times)

Audible recommendations.
« on: July 21, 2019, 01:47:34 AM »
Does anyone have any good recommendations for me in terms of radio dramas or novels/novellas performed as such? I loathe audiobooks with just a narrator reading from the book (Red Dwards are an exception as Barrie does each character) as they are as dull as dishwater.

I do love when there id a full cast of voice actors, maybe some ambience and effects too. Alien: Out of the Shadows is a great example of this. Does anyone know of any good ones I can use my credit on?

Re: Audible recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
Here's an audible recommendation for you:

GET FUCKED!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 05:35:10 PM »
Sorry I was going to recommend some Audible books after that but now I see you wanted dramas and I only listen to non-fiction.

Sorry.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
Complete Smiley - was on Radio 4 a while back. Top notch cast (Simon Russell Beale channelling Alec Guinness a little). Eighteen hours worth and I've listened to them twice since they were broadcast.

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/The-Complete-George-Smiley-Radio-Dramas-Audiobook/B01DE1N04O

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 02:53:57 AM »
If anyone is a fan of the Alien series there is Alien: Out of the Shadows and Alien: Sea of Sorrows. The first one was very entertaining and the latter i've just started now.

Laurel Lefkow gives a great performance and Ripley as well.

The second one seems to have some proper talent in it too, Stockard Channing! as well Tony Gardner and John Chancer.