Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2019

Started by DrGreggles, July 21, 2019, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maett

I had the Bears defence, it accounted for more than half my points. Otherwise a pitiful showing this week. 
Yep Aaron Rogers alone scored half my total. He had managed to throw 8 touchdowns in 6 weeks, threw 5 this week and ran for another. Add Elliot, Ekeler, Dalvin Cook, Lockett and Amari Cooper and it's a tremendous score. Bravo Mr Shaw. 802 points this morning from only 9 players.

DrGreggles

The Packers had been pretty rush-heavy this season - until yesterday.
They obviously spotted something in the Raiders setup that made them switch it up.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 21, 2019, 03:46:49 PM
The Packers had been pretty rush-heavy this season - until yesterday.
They obviously spotted something in the Raiders setup that made them switch it up.

Game by game. Their running game was pretty non-existent in their sole defeat against the Eagles. Even with about 6 late goal-line chances they/Rodgers went for the passing option on each occasion; without any real threat of running it up.

DrGreggles

Their defence has been the most impressive thing about them so far, without doubt.
But they've relied a lot on Aaron Jones on offence too - probably more than originally planned.
Still, it's a new coach with new ideas. The offence will only improve, and you can't argue with a 6-1 start.

Incidentally that was Aaron Rodgers greatest ever performance, in terms of statistics.
Not sure why that surprises me.

Camp Tramp

My worst week by far. Didn't help that I forgot to check my team before Sunday.
McCaffrey has been such a star performer for me.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Camp Tramp on October 21, 2019, 06:23:35 PM
McCaffrey has been such a star performer for me.

Genuine MVP candidate.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 21, 2019, 06:36:22 PM
Genuine MVP candidate.

Yep. Good weekend for his MVP hopes in abstentia. Top three candidates at QB having bad weeks (2 losses and 1 injury).

DrGreggles

The Browns have just turned it over 3 times on 3 consecutive snaps.
Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Camp Tramp

Oh dear. I forgot to put in my backup QB

maett

Browns aren't a bad team but these stupid penalties and ridiculous turn overs (the Mayfield shovel pass) make them look awful. When not fumbling they are moving the ball, when not giving way penalties they are holding the Pats offense.

DrGreggles

That shovel pass was one of the dumbest plays of the season.
The Pats' D has been brilliant all season*, but they've been given a helping hand today.

*Stat of the day: If the Pats has played without an offence so far this season they would still have a 4-2-1 record.

maett

Hmmm need Rudolph to pick up 57 points to win my tie. First throw is an interception and he's -6 could be a spectacular fail this as I bought him in for only one game because I didn't fancy Mayfield against the Pats.

EOLAN

Quote from: maett on October 29, 2019, 12:24:39 AM
Hmmm need Rudolph to pick up 57 points to win my tie. First throw is an interception and he's -6 could be a spectacular fail this as I bought him in for only one game because I didn't fancy Mayfield against the Pats.

A bit of a waste of a week for me to be on a bye. Have the highest score of all 7 players and that was with keeping Aaron Jones on the bench too. Stacked up the Jets Defence onto my bench given their upcoming game with Miami but the Dolphins seem to becoming somewhat mildly competent. Probably stick with the might Pats Defence against Lamar Jackson.
Was a rare night of me wanting the Steelers to win as I had them on my survivor league.

DrGreggles

Dolphins win, Pats lose - the end is nigh.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 04, 2019, 07:13:21 PM
Dolphins win, Pats lose - the end is nigh.

2nd home loss of the season as well for the Packers.

Dex Sawash

Just realized return yards are 1pt/yard and that's why you all keep having massive scores from WRs who are 6th on the depth chart.

maett

yep, think someone starts 2 or 3 of them every week. I tried it with Hilliard early in the season and every kick off went through the end zone, zero points and dropped.

DrGreggles

It's a risky strategy as, other than returns, they won't play many downs.
Tried it a couple of weeks ago and the guy fluffed his first catch and the others went to the endzone - 0 points.
Maybe worth a punt (return) as a Flex player on a bye week for someone good.

maett

Aha The Placid Casuals aka DrGreggles played 3 of them a week ago. Roberts the Bill got 50pts, Bolden the Patriot got 42pts and Shepherd the Packer got 0pts which was fortunate as my team only won by 38pts.

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on November 06, 2019, 01:05:28 PM
Aha The Placid Casuals aka DrGreggles played 3 of them a week ago. Roberts the Bill got 50pts, Bolden the Patriot got 42pts and Shepherd the Packer got 0pts which was fortunate as my team only won by 38pts.

Bolden gets a fair bit of action anyway, as does Roberts. Only Shepherd was a 'hit & hope' move - and it didn't go well. Serves me right for not checking the bye weeks, I suppose.
Anyway, it was Kyler Murray's shit 62 that cost me that game!

Dex Sawash

Worth a punt on punt return man for <dolphins opponent> on a bad bye week anyhow

DrGreggles

I looked at him the week I went for the unknown Packer.
Thought "Nah, he's a Dolphin" and waved goodbye to 79 points...

DrGreggles

Amazing last 2 minutes in Tennessee.

DrGreggles

Steelers on an incredible run, considering they have no offence.
Now 5-4 after starting 0-3.
The defence have really stepped it up in recent weeks - just 3 points by the Rams offence tonight

maett

But Thursday they're up against the Browns in Cleveland who'll run it straight through the Steelers middling run defense. Leaving the Browns 2-0 in the division and poised to nab the wild card with an 8-8 record IF they lose to the Ravens. From there it'll be plain sailing into the 'bowl' with Kansas collapsing under the weight of no defense and the Patriots lacking a...a...ermm...tight end!
Good that the Falcons finally showed up to scupper my weekend double. Tossers. Made the Saints look woeful.

DrGreggles

Have the Browns played the Bengals yet?
You'd have to think they'll go 2-0 against them, so who knows what could happen.
5-4 is currently good enough to be in a WC position.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 11, 2019, 12:58:03 PM
Have the Browns played the Bengals yet?
You'd have to think they'll go 2-0 against them, so who knows what could happen.
5-4 is currently good enough to be in a WC position.

Yep - still have to play them twice. On the flipside; they also have to take on the mighty resurgent Dolphins as well.

DrGreggles

The Dolphins looked like they were turning the corner a few weeks before they finally won.
Obviously playing the Jets helped too.

DrGreggles

Dex Sawash