Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2019

Started by DrGreggles, July 21, 2019, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

The NFL do that for every single game. 10-15 mins of highlights.
Unlike the Premier League who try to block everything on YouTube...

maett

Browns win but Browns DE Garrett with 8 seconds left and game over rips the helmet off Rudolph and hits him over the head with it. Steelers center then kicking a prone Garrett in the head. What on Earth? Critics have been calling out the Browns for lack of discipline all season. Ugly scenes and the rematch in 2 weeks could be spicy.

Camp Tramp

Not condoning Garrett at all but Rudolph did try to rip off his helmet at the beginning of the scuffle.

EOLAN

Quote from: Camp Tramp on November 15, 2019, 09:16:35 AM
Not condoning Garrett at all but Rudolph did try to rip off his helmet at the beginning of the scuffle.

More in the second phase of the scuffle after Garrett hit and drove him into the ground, long after the release of the ball in a two score game with eight seconds left.

Anyway this was game the Youtube NFL official highlights wrre pretty useless.

DrGreggles

49ers v Ravens should be tasty.

*Kiss of death alert*

DrGreggles

Didn't expect to say this phrase this season, but... this is brilliant from the Miami Dolphins:
https://youtu.be/8qMvulMhuvI

DrGreggles

Cowboys currently top of the NFC East with a losing record.
0-6 this season against anyone + .500

And either the 49ers or Seahawks will only get a Wild Card place!

maett

That's a shocking stat. One I wished I'd known before sticking money on them to beat a shite Chicago team. Philly have a couple of very winable games against the Giants and Washington then a chance to win the division home to Dallas on the last day.

DrGreggles

Superb first half in New Orleans.
49ers lead 28-27 at halftime.

Gulftastic

The beeb had four fucking Eddie Butler vo montages in this week's NFL Show. Why won't he just sod off?

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 08, 2019, 07:31:14 PM
Superb first half in New Orleans.
49ers lead 28-27 at halftime.

Game of the season. Brilliant stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i01R1fA6gos

DrGreggles

Pats lose again - this time at home (for the first time in AGES)!
There's a tiny chance that they could fail to win the division (if Buffalo can win their remaining games).

As for tasty looking divisions, the AFC South could be where the late drama is.
Texans and Titans both 8-5 and play each other next week AND in the final game.
The loser likely to be scrapping with Steelers and Bills (who play each other next week) for the WC spots.

Ravens and Chiefs already playoff confirmed in the AFC, with Saints, Packers, Vikings, 49ers and Seahawks pretty much all there from the NFC.
The least bad team out of Cowboys and Eagles will make up the numbers.

EOLAN

Saints and 49ers game was a cracker. Probably have it well ahead of last  year's big top-dog shootout between the Rams and Chiefs as it seemed a lot less sloppy. Bills and Ravens a lot more defence dominated; but I tend to find these games more tense and that every play appears to count more.

Patriots and Chiefs; Mahomes and co. helped build up a big lead and did excellent against the strong New England defence; although some talk of them being an all-time great may be diminishing second half of the season as they face more competent offences. Some bad officiating which had some impact on how the game turned out but the Patriots still didn't do enough themselves. Need to work hard to make Edelman's support receivers much more reliable before the play-offs. Mahomes hand was bad and his throwing was severely effected. Now with Division won; they can have one eye on play-offs. If Mahomes gets fit with Hill, Kelce; am sure Reid will work out some decent schemes for January.

DrGreggles

One week of our regular season left, and here's how it looks:

Top 4 make the playoffs, so Dex S and Team Grunties are battling it out for the final place in the post season.
And they play each other next too, so it's winner takes all.

Team Shaw, Placid Casuals and Brown Stains will be ranked 1,2 and 3 - but in which order?...

maett

Well Team Shaw racked up a paltry 827 points last time the Stains went head to head.  This time I'm contemplating putting my faith in the Browns  with possibly 6 Cleveland players. I believe I can end up number 1!It's gonna happen!

maett

That's odd. The scores changed a couple of hours ago and whereas I'd lost the last match up with Grunties by 5 points I've now won it by a solitary point.  Now playing Team Shaw for the number one spot. Advantage the Stains!

DrGreggles

I think the scores (and official stats) are finalised on a Wednesday.
Sometimes a player will be awarded an extra yard or two which can give their score a boost - especially if it's something like going from 99 yards to 100 yards (which would give them a bonus).
Can always work the other way though, so never gloat until the fat lady etc...

Camp Tramp

Next year I'll remember to swap out players on byes.

maett

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 13, 2019, 08:43:51 AM
I think the scores (and official stats) are finalised on a Wednesday.
Sometimes a player will be awarded an extra yard or two which can give their score a boost - especially if it's something like going from 99 yards to 100 yards (which would give them a bonus).
Can always work the other way though, so never gloat until the fat lady etc...

I looked up why the scores had changed and they'd taken assisted tackles away from about 4 New England players, so their defence lost 6 points. I think. Anyway was a pleasant surprise just after coming to terms with losing a  5 game winning streak. Not sure what that does to Dex and Grunties now though. whether a Grunties win would still see them through. If tied is best head to head record?

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on December 13, 2019, 11:05:48 AM
If tied is best head to head record?

No idea, haven't checked.
I would have thought so.

Dex Sawash

Either head to head or total points for, usually

DrGreggles

Ridiculous finish in San Francisco.

maett

Missed it because I was watching Dallas blowout the Rams in the hope that Woods would catch a meaningless TD for fantasy points. Damn that fantasy football thing! Atlanta have been a weird team this year.

Old Thrashbarg

Looks like a score of 923 wasn't quite enough to make it into the final.

DrGreggles

That match-up was a bit nuts!

Before the late games Team Shaw were projected to score 1000+.
I was very surprised to see that I'd prevailed when I checked this morning.

Hopefully there will be no adjustments when the final scores are announced tomorrow.

maett

a defense that scores 339 and a WR catching one pass for 0 yrds scoring 171 pts . 923 pts  in total and it's still  not enough, that's incredible.

DrGreggles

It was the Colts ST who got the majority of that 339, rather than their D.
A kick off and a punt both returned the length of the field for TDs probably helped.

Similarly Deonte Harris' 171 was on ST rather than as a WR.

maett

Yeah.  Buy they must have been some of the highest scoring in their respective positions all season.  To have two of them in your team in the same week is pretty special.