Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2019

Started by DrGreggles, July 21, 2019, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 01, 2019, 05:27:41 PM
I forgot to draft.

Don't worry, so did I. As I did last year, when I somehow managed to win.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 01, 2019, 05:27:41 PM
I forgot to draft.

Your autopilot did OK:
Alvin Kamara
Tyreek Hill
Todd Gurley
Derrick Henry
Devonta Freeman
Robert Woods
Cooper Kupp
Cam Newton

Camp Tramp

I'm projected to finish dead last. I don't think I picked that badly though.

EOLAN

Quote from: Camp Tramp on September 01, 2019, 09:08:29 PM
I'm projected to finish dead last. I don't think I picked that badly though.

Ah the projections are always quite volatile. Sure who was having Mahomes as a top 10 quarterback last season. Going to.be a lot of big star injury/turmoil surprise comebacks and emerging rookie stars. Have fun and enjoy.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 01, 2019, 07:10:22 PM
Your autopilot did OK:
Alvin Kamara
Tyreek Hill
Todd Gurley
Derrick Henry
Devonta Freeman
Robert Woods
Cooper Kupp
Cam Newton

I am pretty happy with that. Looked at draft order, was shocked it waited so long for the qb.

EOLAN

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 02, 2019, 02:23:12 AM
I am pretty happy with that. Looked at draft order, was shocked it waited so long for the qb.

Qbs may be high points acorwrs but in a 1 quarterback league, the difference between getting the number 1 QB and lets say in this case number 7 is usually smaller than if waited on wide receivers or running backs. Mahomes performance and draft position this year is an outlier.

maett

Happy with my Browns heavy draft considering it was set up on auto picks.
Bit annoyed that after last year drafting Leveon Bell who ended up sitting out the entire season I've gone and ended up with Melvin Gordon who looks like repeating that scenario.  So I'm a bit light in the running backs department.
Happy to have got Mahonnes but then auto pick chose 'best available' and I got Baker Mayfeild, too.  Anyway to do trades in our league? I'll trade a Mahonnes for a top 5 RB. Not that twat Bell though.

EOLAN

Quote from: maett on September 02, 2019, 10:55:38 AM
Happy with my Browns heavy draft considering it was set up on auto picks.
Bit annoyed that after last year drafting Leveon Bell who ended up sitting out the entire season I've gone and ended up with Melvin Gordon who looks like repeating that scenario.  So I'm a bit light in the running backs department.
Happy to have got Mahonnes but then auto pick chose 'best available' and I got Baker Mayfeild, too.  Anyway to do trades in our league? I'll trade a Mahonnes for a top 5 RB. Not that twat Bell though.

Not sure about direct trades. There is a waiver wire which can be very useful after a week or two as we can start to see who the talented players are that weren't picked up in the draft. Managed to nab Mahomes that way myself last season.
Am more receiver heavy myself than running backs so that trade isn't for me but Mahomes for a top 5 Running back seems like robbery given everyone will have decent propsects at Quarterback. Your running back situation doesn't look too bad a position to me. Nick Chubb is a strong 2nd tier running back; James White could have some passing upside and Williams, despite Sean McCoy joining should be a good running back in a strong offensive side. Penney backup RB in a team that is looking to be run-heavy and Gordon could be a strong hold should he come back in the fold after a couple of weeks. 

DrGreggles

No direct trades* as I turned that option off, just waivers and free agents.

*Not suggesting this would happen again, but 2 people on a previous league joined forces and traded with each other to have 1 super team and 1 shit team, with a view to splitting the prize at the end. As it turned out they lost in the final. Such a shame.

maett

Ah will have to pick up a waiver then. As you say they'll be rookie burning it up somewhere. Might have to be a bastard and keep Mahonnes though. Maybe get rid of one of my 2 kickers instead, I'm a slow learner when it comes to drafting.

DrGreggles

I'd always keep 2 good QBs on the roster, to be honest.
If you release Mahones or Mayfield they'll be picked up immediately.

In my experience it's best to check for injuries/suspensions on a matchday eve and use the waivers for replacements.
At this stage no one really knows who the best picks are. No one chose Mahones in last year's draft, and the likes of James Conner weren't even ranked in the top 250 overall before the season began.
There's so much that can happen that can affect the scoring that I try to let the dust settle a bit first.

DrGreggles

Starts tonight, so remember to get your Bears and Packers players in/out.

Camp Tramp

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 05, 2019, 06:03:21 PM
Starts tonight, so remember to get your Bears and Packers players in/out.

Can you sub players in and out in the same week?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Camp Tramp on September 05, 2019, 09:39:47 PM
Can you sub players in and out in the same week?

As long as their game hasn't started.

hummingofevil

I'm still unemployed and got £200 in bank so spend £30 in Home Bargains on booze and £150 on NFL game pass. Here we go. I still know fuck all about the game but it's a pure joy to have on. Bears to win yeah? I run down my Paddy Power account so couldn't even put money on it.

maett

Peculiar fella. Brown not you.

Old Thrashbarg

Signed by the Patriots. Sickening.

EOLAN

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on September 07, 2019, 10:27:29 PM
Signed by the Patriots. Sickening.

Haha. Everyone on.podcasts I am listening to saying Patriots would never go for.him. But I thought they be the club for.him. Don't pander and plan to play without him and still be compettiive.

DrGreggles

EOLAN

The NFL show on BBC Breaking News on Brown seems very out of date.

Dex Sawash

I auto drafted Brown in another league. Will need to reconsider my standing rule of never own a Patriot due being a home for cunts.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 08, 2019, 02:55:24 PM
I auto drafted Brown in another league. Will need to reconsider my standing rule of never own a Patriot due being a home for cunts.

I doubt he'll feature much to start with.

DrGreggles

Benched Sammy Watkins, as I wasn't sure how much action he'd get with the Chiefs.
He's got 2 TDs and 150 yards in the first quarter...

Stupid game.

I'm calling it now; the Dolphins are the worst team this season.

maett

You're up against my team and I did note that with a smile. though Foley's out now so I imagine Fournette is going to see a lot of the ball.

DrGreggles

It's always tough in the opening game to know how much of the ball the WR/RB will see.
Looks like I made a couple of bad calls.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Ladies and gentleman, the Cleveland Browns!