Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2019

Started by DrGreggles, July 21, 2019, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 22, 2019, 11:51:35 PM
Now Saquon Barkley is injured.
Before next week's games I'm going to shoot an albatross for luck!

Barkley out for 4-8 weeks.

Fuck...

maett

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 26, 2019, 09:22:29 AM
Barkley out for 4-8 weeks.

Fuck...
Melvin Gordon due to return today though, not much help but great news for the Brown Stains.

Gulftastic

Four fucking Eddie Butler vo's.

DrGreggles

88 yard TD run for Nick Chubb!

maett

was not expecting a Browns win there and certainly not like that

DrGreggles

Best Browns performance for, what, 20 years?

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 30, 2019, 01:01:11 AM
Best Browns performance for, what, 20 years?

Had Tampa to lose in my anti-survivor league. At least I had Winston on my (other) fantasy team. Still lost my matchup in our own League here. Almost forgot to put in a defence/special teams until I checked my team 10 minutes before kick-off so managed to move New England off my bench. A nice score by them.
Still have to come off a really top/in-form offence but the New England defence is by far the best I can remember. After so long seeing Brady and co. bailing the defence out; I am enjoying things going the other way for now (as a much despised Patriots fan).

maett

It's still a bit strange to see the Patriots so loathed. I was a big NFL fan back in the mid to late 80s, even played a a bit, but stopped following it around 91/92. Only got back into watching it in the last 2 seasons so I missed all the Patriots dominance and new helmet design. Mind you there's been a lot to catch up on, rule changes, new teams, oh shit I was going to mention Reggie White retiring and just discovered the poor bugger died. Fuck he was a favourite of mine. Sorry for the downer.

DrGreggles

Vontaze Burfict banned for the season for ANOTHER late hit:
https://youtu.be/Y46p1qKapjA

Dex Sawash

Hey those 2 anthems are the same!

DrGreggles

Steelers down to their 3rd choice QB...

DrGreggles

Christian McCaffrey has been unplayable today.

EOLAN

I am winning by default. Thought Aaron Jones would have had more points for me. Again happy with my defence. Just knew when Washington Redskins took a time out late in first half having taking over possession, it was a case of them giving time for the New England defence to create the acoring opportunity.

DrGreggles

Matt Breida with an 83 yard TD run for the 49ers - at a speed of 22.3 mph.

DrGreggles

Great stuff from the Texans in KC.
Looked like it would be one-way traffic in the first quarter, but they turned it round.
The way they shut down Mahones in the 2nd half was particularly impressive.

Also, oh Dolphins...
Blew the chance of winning the 'Shit Bowl' with one of the worst 2 pt attempts you'll ever see.

DrGreggles

Steelers new new QB, Devlin Hodges, appears to have the nickname 'The Duck'.
Not the sort of moniker that'll instil fear in the opposition...

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 14, 2019, 12:58:09 AM
Steelers new new QB, Devlin Hodges, appears to have the nickname 'The Duck'.
Not the sort of moniker that'll instil fear in the opposition...

Isn't he one of the world's top duck callers. Entered in the World Championships I believe. Seems to be an upgrade on Rudolph so far. Although the Steelers Defence has really started to grow since the onus has been on them with their offensive injuries and under-performance.

DrGreggles

Other than the opening weekend disaster in NE the Steelers have been OK.
Won 2 and lost 3 since, but those narrow defeats could easily have going either way and we could be looking at a 4-2 or 5-1 record instead of 2-4.

The D has certainly stepped up since week 1 and Deven Bush looks like a fantastic draft pick - so bloody fast!
Not sure the O can function properly with either backup QB in place though, and the short pass/central rush combo will be shut down by a decent defence. There needs to at least be the threat of a long pass option.

Still, other than the Pats (who've had a ridiculously easy schedule), you can't say that anyone else in the AFC is nailed on for a deep post-season run. Weird season so far.

Dex Sawash

When you throw a football (american) and the pass is wobbly it is called throwing a duck*. I assumed he was a bad passer and was confused how he got to be an NFL QB.

* because it looks like duck with wings flapping as it flies

DrGreggles

I think all sporting references to 'duck' are generally considered to be a negative.
Hopefully Devlin Duck will be an exception.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 14, 2019, 02:04:08 PM
I think all sporting references to 'duck' are generally considered to be a negative.
Hopefully Devlin Duck will be an exception.

Unless it's the duck-calling championships of course. Maybe he can tactically use his skills to get a flock of ducks to interfere with opposition attacking schemes. Probably best utilised at stadiums close to a large body of water of course.

I may have to start changing my mind about the 49ers being fortuitous/having an easy opening fixture list. Dominated the Rams and never let Goff and co. get going at all; which he was able to do to some extent in prior losses to Seattle and Tampa Bay. Will certainly look forward to their encounters with the Seahawks. That and the NFC North look to be the most interesting conferences. Expect Arizona to be 1-5 in their conference; but wouldn't call yet who that one win is against.

Anyway; big game tonight and my primary focus is to have Kenny Golladay get 9 fantasy points in standard PPR; to avoid a guillotine.

DrGreggles

I assume Duck Calling is held in as high regard in the States as Cheese Rolling is over here.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 14, 2019, 03:33:36 PM
I assume Duck Calling is held in as high regard in the States as Cheese Rolling is over here.

More so like Fox Hunting I think.

maett

Had a bit of a treat with the old man and flew out to Denver to watch a game. Specifically chose this week as we'd get to see Mahomes.  The star of my fantasy team.
Bollocks! Dislocated kneecap in the second quarter.

Still the Rockies looked nice with the sun setting behind them.

EOLAN

Had Moore on my 16 team non Cab superflex fantasy team with Mariota dropped and Winston on a bye. But decided drop on waiver wire transaction to cover my loss of Will Dissly.

These deep leagues really get me focused on picking up back-QBs for injury threatened stars. Picking up Matt Barkley with a rare start while Watson was on a bye last season was a highlight for me. Getting rid of Nick Mullens before he started crushing it not so much.

Anyway: Chiefs defence finally  stood up. Not against the most lethal offence mind.

DrGreggles

This is the year of the injured QB.
Duck for MVP!!!

maett

This is Baker Mayfield's moment

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on October 18, 2019, 07:32:35 PM
This is Baker Mayfield's moment

He seems to regressed somewhat this year.
Brownsitis?

maett

666 was, until this week, the highest weekly points total. Fluked by the Parasite Peppers in week 6. The unfortunate opposition? Me.
Week 7 and Team Shaw racks up 797 with a TE that didn't even play and Le'veon Bell (the season long sit out bastard) still to play. The unfortunate opposition? Me.

No problem though. The Browns play the Dolphins and Bengals twice towards the end of the season in what I presume/pray will be our league play-offs.

DrGreggles

Aaron Rodgers at QB per chance?
Some big D/ST scores this week too. Bears perhaps?