Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Papiercuts

Started by Gregory Torso, July 22, 2019, 02:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Who is Richard Papiercuts?

A Place To Stay

Bryan Ferry huffing the adhesive smother off a strip of sellotape?
Your dad singing his one remaining lung out in an allotment?

You wish you had thought of calling yourself Richard Papiercuts.

How It Really Begins

You can't stick music to words, can only breathe in the adhesive of the sellotape, facillitating its melted pilgrimmage with a bic lighter sending a burning scab of semi-congealed glue to stick in the back of your throat. She doesn't even like you, it's the great lie, the lie you always fall for in perpituity you tumbling dick.

There has never been a bad song called "Mary Ann(e)", this sounds like Bowie making fun of himself as he buries a dead cat.

Mary Ann

I love this music, wholly inclusive music, music made to please some itch in the right temporal lobe.

Ignore my text, click das linx

Gregory Torso

This is really bad isn't it, it's not a thread that invites discussion at all, it's just hey click this fucking line of text.

When I was 20 and I had no job, no girlfriend, no friend, & no reason to be, I taught myself to play the theme tune to Home And Away and then when my parents were at work I'd take the family synthesizer up into my little attic room and play and sing it (you know we belong together). This was when Isla Fisher was in Home and Away and one of the most desirable women on the planet.

That's what Richard Papiercuts music reminds me of: playing the keyboards in the box room at the top of my dad's house under the ceiling rafters and making songs for Shannon out of Home And Away.

The Riddle

famethrowa

more like papforcunts amirite

Chriddof

Had a listen to "A Place To Stay". This is genuinely wonderful. I've bought that EP it's on off of Bandcamp. Thanks for writing all that up there, I ended up appreciating it at least.

BlodwynPig

Thats BGMNTS gone Dali isn't it?

PlanktonSideburns

I'm in. Will listen more and report back

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Chriddof on July 22, 2019, 07:13:34 AM
Had a listen to "A Place To Stay". This is genuinely wonderful. I've bought that EP it's on off of Bandcamp. Thanks for writing all that up there, I ended up appreciating it at least.

I'm glad! He's doing his own thing. Twisting The Night is his best record, great horn section on it.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 22, 2019, 07:23:39 AM
Thats BGMNTS gone Dali isn't it?

I'm not sure if this refers to me or Mr Papiercuts but I object to your use of the "B" word, sir.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 22, 2019, 08:21:21 AM
I'm in. Will listen more and report back

Get all in, plankton mate. Embrace the melancholy.

PlanktonSideburns

Feeling this muchly. Right on the edge of things, sounds like it's in some metamodern sinscironic fuge. Has the tense energy of a fathers for justice maiden open mic night performance

Would be interested to know this makes you feel gregory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SAdMoJ3kC_c

I feel it has its straw in a similar well

Gregory Torso

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 22, 2019, 09:42:26 PM
Feeling this muchly. Right on the edge of things, sounds like it's in some metamodern sinscironic fuge. Has the tense energy of a fathers for justice maiden open mic night performance

Would be interested to know this makes you feel gregory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SAdMoJ3kC_c

I feel it has its straw in a similar well

I really like that a lot. I was worried it was going to be too much of a joke ironic pastiche type thing, but I choose to see sincerity and deep pain. I can see the connection with monsieur papiercuts, a sort of over earnest single dad scrapheap challenge drunk karaoke vibe, and I'm way for that.

Video really hammers the crooked nail home, too. Thanks Plankton, I dig it.

PlanktonSideburns

yea, i think univore sometimes fall off the knife edge and land in wacky town, but in this instance, its a hit, pure. Their longtime collaborator, marco castale had died as they were making this one, and i feel they really channelled the weird hollowed out feeling of greif here something lovely. i quite like the blurb beneath also

Quote from: univore on July 22, 2019, 11:10:03 PM
Join a young man on his journey to the place where intent and coincidence collide. It's a tricky place because when you get there, your emotions become ambiguous. They're definitely present; it's just that they haven't yet figured out what form to take or how much pain to inflict upon you. Should they sting your eyes or make your mouth curl up? Or both? You step to the edge of tears, in part because you see your dead friends, right there in front of your face, in motion and at the height of their human potency. Tension creeps in, causes you to yell, makes the irrational a viable option. You see the saturated clown. You get up to the top of the Ferris wheel, and the elevation causes you to burst into flames. A complete stranger amputates your hair follicles. Your power leaks out, freeing you from the burden of power. The abyss beckons. These are all lonely accidents.

yea, its about the unbearable Dadness of being somehow isnt it? feel like these two  know something vapourwave dont about that 80s land. feel like this lot feel it too:

http://khole.net/issues/youth-mode/