Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mind the bit in Avengers Endgame when

Started by madhair60, July 22, 2019, 08:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

all five identical female characters, who have previously had ten lines maximum between them throughout the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, come together and re-enact Kate Beaton's "sexism is over" panel before disappearing for the remainder of the movie?

it's the endgame mate, endgame for bigotry.

Don't worry. Thor is about to become a woman.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Graham Linehan must be beside himself.

And there's already a Marvel/Avengers thread so check out this dunce.

madhair60

What is there a thread shortage? Fuckin dickhead. Piss yoursel.

samadriel

It does seem like strange timing to tell us about one shot in a movie from, what was it, April?

madhair60

your problem an all. dont like it dont read the thread professor nikolai genius-stein.

bgmnts

Uh no they're all brilliantly entertaining films doing more for women's rights and addressing misogyny than anything in the history of cinema and indeed the arts.

The apex of culture.

momatt

I thought that scene was cheesy as fuck.
Half expected "Sisters are doin it for themselves" to be the soundtrack.

I don't hate women or anything though.  I think they're alright.

Deyv

My sister, who is a woman, hated that scene. Good to see she's not alone.

Mister Six

It's weird, because they did the exact same thing in Infinity War, only with three female heroes and actually followed it up with a fight.

Even less explicable that they're offering to assist Captain Marvel, who just HEADBUTTED A SPACESHIP TO DEATH. Like, no offence to the lass on the flying horse but I don't see how she's going to help much.

Would have made more sense if it was Nebula who had to make the final blow against Thanos, which would also have been narratively much more satisfying, what with him having cunted her life up. I assume that was what happened in an earlier draft, before they had to crowbar in Captain Marvel.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Mister Six on July 22, 2019, 05:17:09 PM
It's weird, because they did the exact same thing in Infinity War, only with three female heroes and actually followed it up with a fight.

Like, no offence to the lass on the flying horse but I don't see how she's going to help much.

I was more worried for Gwyneth Paltrow and the Mantis, fuck all combat experience.

Mister Six

Well Paltrow twatted Guy Pierce into a big fire in Iron Man 3 and Mantis helped attack Thanos at the end of Infinity War, but yeah - not the same as this kind of big battle.

Cuellar

Haven't seen it yet, thanks for the spoilers.

madhair60

Quote from: Cuellar on July 22, 2019, 09:38:32 PM

probably shouldn't have come in the thread then, president smartness

Cuellar

madhair60

Blumf

Quote from: Cuellar on July 22, 2019, 09:38:32 PM

Just to check, is it Tony Stark sacrificing himself by using the power glove thing to bring back everybody, or Captain America travelling back in time to live out his life happily that you don't want spoiling?

Mister Six

Probably Black Widow sacrificing herself to obtain the Soul Stone, or Thanos hiding the Power Stone up his arse.

Cuellar

The joke is on literally everyone in this thread because I'm probably never going to watch it and I couldn't give a fuck

Blumf

Quote from: Cuellar on July 23, 2019, 07:50:08 PM
The joke is on literally everyone in this thread because I'm probably never going to watch it and I couldn't give a fuck

Spoiler: The film has a beginning, middle, and end.

Jerzy Bondov

I thought that bit was TOTAL CRINGE but if it made some people happy that's okay, my favourite bit was Captain Marvel's lesbian hair but I bet some people thought that was TOTAL CRINGE.

QDRPHNC

I noticed it and mentioned it in the original thread, clean our your eyes.

madhair60

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 23, 2019, 09:44:07 PM
I noticed it and mentioned it in the original thread, clean our your eyes.

I have you on Ignore. Not through a plug-in, just in my FUCKING HEAD

Cuellar

I've just watched it and it was NOTHING

A big nothing.

"oh how is the blonde one ever going to get past all those enemies?" oh the blonde one who has just literally flown through space and carved a huge airship in half using just her fucking head and suffered no ill effects? That blonde one?

I'm still unclear as to why Joe Biden turned up at the end. And why he quite rudely said "Nah" to that guy who was just making polite conversation about his wife.

I will say this for it though - I now know where literally every meme in the Internet comes from

wooders1978

Thanos hid the powerstone up his arse?

Chollis

i watched this for the first time yesterday and don't remember this scene