Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Mario Maker 3

Started by Replies From View, July 22, 2019, 08:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Just had this really cool idea called 'Super Mario Maker 3'.

What you'd do is pay money for this thing that you can put on your computer, and what it lets you do is put together landscapes for some kind of plumber to navigate.  A plumber with red clothes I reckon, maybe a moustache.

What would happen after buying this product is you'd be able to put down some bits of floor for the plumber to stand on, have gaps between them so that your plumber can fall off and go into water, lava spikes or a hole of dying.  Thusly stripping the plumber of one layer of his existence, and leaving him with one fewer than he had before.

You could have a flower that when your plumber touches it he starts being able to blast out balls of fire from his chest.

Coins to collect, other things like mushrooms to squash.

And the great thing about Super Mario Maker 3 is you'd be able to lay it all out according to your own fascinations and whims.  So for example if you love Synecdoche New York you could set out a world absolutely confined by the limits of that film.

kittens

interesting idea but it seems kind of a waste of time if there isn't some kind of green massive spiky tortoise monster that spits great big bits of fire at you until you jump on it a few times.

Replies From View

Quote from: kittens on July 22, 2019, 08:19:56 PM
interesting idea but it seems kind of a waste of time if there isn't some kind of green massive spiky tortoise monster that spits great big bits of fire at you until you jump on it a few times.

I think that it would be good to have the sky be the limit in this regard.  You want a spiky tortoise monster why not just have one, it's no loss to me.

See how on this you can drag in the sprites you want.  We can either put a spiky tortoise thing there or let the patrons get in with their own pixel manipulation skills and be the architect of their own one.

kittens

sounds great but what are you going to call it?

Replies From View

Quote from: kittens on July 22, 2019, 08:56:57 PM
sounds great but what are you going to call it?

'Super Mario Maker 3', I think.

kittens

i've just googled that and it seems someone else has already had that idea, see here. maybe it might make sense to call it something like super mario maker 4?

kittens

scratch that, googled that too and someone's beaten you to it, here.

kittens

what form would this idea take, anyway? have you considered having the main character be a red man with a moustache who works as a plumber? will this be some kind of interactive experience in which you can design your own 'levels', maybe? could also think about including some form of flower that allows you to shoot little red fireballs from your chest. by all means feel free to take these ideas on board if you think they can help.

Replies From View

Thanks for all those ideas.  I've not decided yet the extent to which this plumber should "be a red man"; I don't want to confuse pedestrians who are crossing the road for example.  Might have to just put him in red dungarees or something along those lines.

Super Mario Maker 5 has a nice sound to it I think.  You can imagine kids lining up to buy it in John Menzies can't you.

alan nagsworth

uhh you should be paying me to make the games mate not the other way around. fucking think next time before you start threads like this

kittens

i guess paying alan something would be a start, at least. something you can point to and say 'i am doing something'. right now you have some great ideas but as they say a good idea is '1 percent ideas, 100 percent perpsiration'.

alan nagsworth

Ah yeah I heartily recommend paying me, I can make loads of "marios". Dunno exactly what they are yet as you've not been very specific but chuck some cash my way and I can make something happen

alan nagsworth

I've taken the liberty of drafting up one of these Marios, based on your description of having a moustache, red clothes, and he's a plumber. Some things to consider:

• I have given him comically big hands because maybe this is a kids game? If not I can amend
  • I'm not very good at drawing tools as you can see! But my promise to you, the client is that I can get better
  • That's it

Please let me now any criticisms so we can move forward with this and make your dream happen.

kittens

hi alan, as replies seems to be a bit busy i'll cover this. first impressions: WOW what a great 'mario'!. i have a few suggestions for you to take on board.

- replies said that he wanted the character to be entirely red, not just his clothes. may seem minor but replies did stress this and i can't help but feel he'll be disappointed when he sees the 'mario' isn't entirely red.

- maybe you could show us what it would look like when the 'mario' is firing the red fireballs out of his chest. i don't know if i need to stress this, but for avoidance of doubt, the fireballs should be ENTIRELY red.

- there appears to be some ugly text covering the image that makes it difficult to crop it out and use it in the project.

i'll let you know when replies get back to me and we can work from there.

kittens

also maybe try, if you can, to include the name of the project in the image. just for internal branding. thanks.

alan nagsworth

Hi kittens, thanks for your feedback! Here's a draft of the "Mario" as per your requests, he's entirely red and shooting a red fire ball. I also included the name of the project. It's not an "official logo" but I think it might be quote close to the type of branding this project needs!

Sorry but I can't remove the text over the image. I use that as protection against bad magic (long story) and it's just a quirk of mine like a nervous twitch which I can't not do, I'm sorry

Please let me know any thoughts moving forward with this

kittens

a really great improvement - you should be proud! just a few small nitpicking issues:

- again, we explicitly stated ENTIRELY red. i can still see black parts, for example the signature moustache (great job on this by the way) and the outlines of the 'mario'. replies was quite clear that the character be entirely, completely red, so i'm a little confused why this issue keeps coming up.

- loving the logo! as stated. however, we are going with the title 'mario maker 5' as 'mario maker 3 and 4' were taken.

- it wouldn't have hurt to include the spikey tortoise replies talked about - he was very taken with this idea and i'm sure he'd love to see it in 'real' form.

- the image is still covered in that unsightly text that you assured me would be removed.

these points aside, you're getting very close and i can see an improvement in your ability already, although as you said it is very clear that you are not very good at this. keep it up!

alan nagsworth

hi kittens/replies,

I have replaced the logo with what i'm sure you will agree is a very tasteful and stylish "5"! I believe the only way to evolve is to improve things from their previous versions.

As requested I have now made this "mario" entirely red and added a spiky green tortoise monster. as per your previous criticisms of the red of the "mario", i went with my gut instinct and made the entire monster green.

I also added a cool catchphrase which I thought was both "simple" yet "effective", something I can imagine fans of the franchise quoting a lot on online chat rooms and the likes -- "NO!!" haha

I haven't removed my anti-bad magic text but I have placed it behind the image now as a way of compromise so I hope this is accectable

petril

I think having another character you can play as would be a small boon, maybe the same guy, but, get this, green ?

kittens

what a charming attempt! i especially like the attitude of the tortoise and can really imagine his funny 'catch phrase' 'going viral' in the nation's playgrounds and gardens. the 'mario' looks superb now it is entirely red. a few pointers:

- the 'mario' is still not entirely red. i can clearly see white in his eyes. i would hate to see replies' reaction to this as he had his heart set on an entirely red 'mario' and at this point it seems like you are actively refusing to follow this fairly simple request. please reconsider this path.

- is it necessary for the 'mario' to be so ugly? replies mentioned the desire for the 'mario' character to have 'movie star' good looks and i have to say i agree with this idea. people react more positively to attractive things - maybe something to bear in mind if you are considering this as a career. i appreciate this may be due to your previously stated lack of skill with drawing.

- the text, which you have twice now assured us would be entirely removed from the image, is still there. it seems to have somehow ended up behind the characters? if you are in any way serious about coming on board with this project, this must be removed entirely.

apologies if i am late with my next reply, we have been receiving a lot of very promising work from other artists who are looking to help with the project.

Keep up the great work!

alan nagsworth

How's this? I think you'll find it is quite perfect for your companies requirement.

kittens

it's perfect!

unfortunately we have decided to go in another direction w/ regards to the art, but thank you for your contributions nonetheless and we wish you every success in future.

alan nagsworth

Replies From View

I've just had this really cool idea called 'Super Bucky O'Hare Maker 1'.