Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PM Boris Thread

Started by Menyatta Zondatta, July 23, 2019, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you describe Boris Johnson to someone who didn't know what he was?

A grunty little pig in a permanent wig
4 (6.5%)
Gary Busey stuffed with tomatoes and piss
5 (8.1%)
A blithering sphere of hate and confusion
7 (11.3%)
Wanton Churchill
0 (0%)
Gas
0 (0%)
Raoul Moat
7 (11.3%)
A cunt
2 (3.2%)
A total cunt
0 (0%)
A fucking cunt
0 (0%)
A total fucking cunt
9 (14.5%)
The End of the World
1 (1.6%)
A shit-haired cunt with stinking fascist friends
18 (29%)
A baby dick in a suit
2 (3.2%)
Jo Johnson's brother
1 (1.6%)
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
1 (1.6%)
A gif of a Dachshund throwing up a whole frankfurter forever
5 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Zetetic on August 13, 2019, 08:12:14 AM
Our laws still withdraw us on the 31st.

That's what I was afraid of.

Fambo Number Mive

Arch remainer Amber Rudd who claimed back in March that a no deal Brexit would do "generational damage to our economy and security" now reckons that it would be alright, actually.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/13/risks-of-no-deal-brexit-can-be-managed-by-government-says-rudd

olliebean

In contravention of others of our laws, but yeah.

Replies From View

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 13, 2019, 05:03:08 PM
Arch remainer Amber Rudd who claimed back in March that a no deal Brexit would do "generational damage to our economy and security" now reckons that it would be alright, actually.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/13/risks-of-no-deal-brexit-can-be-managed-by-government-says-rudd

Hmm.

Somebody's dangling something in front of all their faces, aren't they.  This is all pretty fucked.

Sebastian Cobb

I WONDER IF THIS PLAYS TO ANY STEREOTYPES.

Ferris

The absolute state of that

holyzombiejesus

It'll be cans of Rubicon and Nurishment next.

Replies From View

Knife free?  Outside of knife crime why are knives a negative presence?

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on August 15, 2019, 01:33:58 AM
Knife free?  Outside of knife crime why are knives a negative presence?

Surely you need at least one knife to macerate your delicious fried chicken supper. This campaign is already off the rails.

imitationleather

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 15, 2019, 12:21:23 AM
It'll be cans of Rubicon and Nurishment next.

I heard that all episodes of Desmond's were going to be re-edited to pixellate any cutlery.

Dr Rock

Quote from: olliebean on August 12, 2019, 11:26:33 PM
[...]a member state wishing to leave the EU has to do so in accordance with that member state's own laws, and there seems to be ample evidence that we would not be doing so by leaving with no deal and without Parliament explicitly approving it.

Also, I like this guy on YouTube, and this video especially on why Rees-Mogg and others want to eave - tax avoidance basically. Not having o declare there dodgy earnings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPZxbO7OLM

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson's tweeted a new film which seems to offer hospital upgrades (welcome as they are) as the solution to long GP waiting times.

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1162251726918864896

Usual shite below it including someone calling for Corybn to be arrested and people talking about "traitors". If Johnson wants to unite the country, why does he not criticise such rhetoric?

The Mirror has some more criticism of Johnson's new video: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-edits-speech-video-18945470

Fambo Number Mive

Javid wants the following

"Generally I want to see lower taxes, but at a level that is going to pay for the public services."

Can't have both, Javid. Taxes aren't even paying for the public services now, let alone if you cut them further.

A cabinet of Thatcherites.

Paul Calf

Javid wants low taxes AND properly-funded public services? He's clearly a genius. No-one has ever thought of that before.

idunnosomename

well he is a Randian ubermensch hero after all. Look at him, he's rich and powerful, despite being brown!!!

sponk

Interesting how they're saying that now though. I remember during the Cameron years it was all "how are we going to PAY FOR IT though?", at least they're pretending not to want austerity anymore. Must be progress.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson is showing that austerity was a political choice by the Tories.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 18, 2019, 10:09:27 AM
Johnson is showing that austerity was a political choice by the Tories.

In any sane world admitting that the slow-bleed murder of thousands through ignorance, neglect, and intentional defrauding was purely a choice and a particularly shit one that your party double-downed on just to be even more money grubbing would kill your party stone dead and cause you to have a stone of penitence tied around your neck that you'd have to drag around at all hours of the day, but realistically people are gonna clap and cheer ARE BORIS JONESTON on for this.

Fambo Number Mive

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boris-johnson-police-officers-20000-pledge-target-crime-a9052401.html

I wonder if Johnson's solution will involve getting more private firms involved in policing or even part-privatising the police

QuoteDepartures at the same rate over the coming three years would mean that 26,200 posts will have to be filled before any true increase in officer numbers can start.

Ch Supt Griffiths believes Mr Johnson's target can be achieved but warned that it would be "painful" to complete by 2022, because of the speed of recruitment and training required.

The Liberal Democrats* said the increase would be "unachievable" unless the government gives officers a pay rise to retain staff and encourage new recruits. A National Police Chiefs' Council report recently found more than half of forces missed recruitment targets in 2018-19, with many falling short by over 25 per cent.

*who were in government when the police were cut by over 20,000, which this newspaper doesn't mention.

imitationleather

Saw Boris Johnson waddling about on the news earlier.

Before I could turn over I couldn't help but notice he's piled a load of weight back on. Cheered me right up.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on August 19, 2019, 07:27:22 PM
Saw your dad waddling about on the news earlier.

Before I could turn over I couldn't help but notice he's piled a load of weight back on. Cheered me right up.

Cuellar

Boris and/or Cameron and/or Osborne must be in Epstein's book, surely.

Jittlebags

Indeed, I can well see his blonde couiffure going south as well before his tenureship is up. Charlton/Bough combover. Still, it'll serve the slippery little shit right.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 19, 2019, 05:58:57 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boris-johnson-police-officers-20000-pledge-target-crime-a9052401.html

I wonder if Johnson's solution will involve getting more private firms involved in policing or even part-privatising the police

*who were in government when the police were cut by over 20,000, which this newspaper doesn't mention.

The police they hire will be poorly-vetted, inadequately qualified and in a significant number of cases, outright thugs attracted to the uniform and the truncheon and the possibility of committing some state-sanctioned violence.

Look at the US's experience with rapid recruitment of Border Patrol agents in the late 2000s, and that was just 10000 from a population of 320 million.

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on July 26, 2019, 11:00:56 AM
Heart attack by the end of September.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 20, 2019, 12:36:24 AM
Indeed, I can well see his blonde couiffure going south as well before his tenureship is up. Charlton/Bough combover. Still, it'll serve the slippery little shit right.
Already looks like it's well on the way out to me, seems to be the beginnings of a "comb forward" job going on.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 20, 2019, 03:36:32 AM
The police they hire will be poorly-vetted, inadequately qualified and in a significant number of cases, outright thugs attracted to the uniform and the truncheon and the possibility of committing some state-sanctioned violence.

Well I don't care they had just better get someone in quick, I've heard the phantom torch thief is back in action again down the local tesco's since police numbers have been reduced.

chveik

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 20, 2019, 03:36:32 AM

it has always been the case.

Fambo Number Mive

James Cleverly not being very clever and seeming to think that preventing No Deal is the same as "anti-Brexit"

https://twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/1164291478694309888