Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PM Boris Thread

Started by Menyatta Zondatta, July 23, 2019, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you describe Boris Johnson to someone who didn't know what he was?

A grunty little pig in a permanent wig
4 (6.5%)
Gary Busey stuffed with tomatoes and piss
5 (8.1%)
A blithering sphere of hate and confusion
7 (11.3%)
Wanton Churchill
0 (0%)
Gas
0 (0%)
Raoul Moat
7 (11.3%)
A cunt
2 (3.2%)
A total cunt
0 (0%)
A fucking cunt
0 (0%)
A total fucking cunt
9 (14.5%)
The End of the World
1 (1.6%)
A shit-haired cunt with stinking fascist friends
18 (29%)
A baby dick in a suit
2 (3.2%)
Jo Johnson's brother
1 (1.6%)
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
1 (1.6%)
A gif of a Dachshund throwing up a whole frankfurter forever
5 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

biggytitbo

Weeks of hysteria now.

Kryton

Oh, Rory Stewart has resigned?

Kryton

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 23, 2019, 06:19:18 PM
Weeks of hysteria now.

Pretty sure he's gonna be in term longer than a few weeks?

Mr Banlon

jobotic

Weeks of hysteria now.

Fuck off back to your celebrations.

I hope Boris does try and push through a no deal brexit as it will surely end in the fall of his government.

Twed

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 23, 2019, 06:59:24 PM
I hope Boris does try and push through a no deal brexit as it will surely end in the fall of his government.
That is not how things work anymore. Political incidents will not lead to the downfall of an institution that contains almost everybody in the set of people who are from centuries worth of bred-for-power families.

Thursday

Yeah everyone thought the same general thing with Trump, "or he'll expose the GOP etc," but no. People like Trump and Johnson because of their worst excesses not in-spite or because they don't know the truth, and anything reprehensible they do they will just justify to themselves anyway. Nothing matters.

buttgammon

John McDonnell is being serenaded by a xylophone rendition of Consider Yourself and Tubular Bells on Channel 4 News. Is this some sort of weird sign?

Quote from: Twed on July 23, 2019, 07:14:33 PM
That is not how things work anymore. Political incidents will not lead to the downfall of an institution that contains almost everybody in the set of people who are from centuries worth of bred-for-power families.
Given his parliamentary majority is on the brink of disappearing, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

DrGreggles

Johnson has won a single party cunt-off contest in order to be the Tory leader when they lose power.
Well done to him.

mothman

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 23, 2019, 01:59:52 PM
True enough. Blame that on my seeing the various Celts as their own nations.

Though Johnson will probably turn up at the next Highland games in a kilt to toss the caber (fnar) and proclaim his great-grandfather was from Wick.

I read this as

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 23, 2019, 01:59:52 PM
... and proclaim his great-grandfather was John Wick.

Urinal Cake

Johnson is the Brexit PM. That what his self-perception is built on.
After his 'Can Do English Spirit' fails him, the smart choice would be to accept May's Deal by the 31st of October. But I think Johnson will get fed up with the numbers and call a GE for a No Deal Brexit. Do a deal with Farage and the public who have gotten sick of the drama will vote for it. 

Weeks of hysteria now.

I trust you're equally upset abut a Prime Minister who comes in with a personal mandate from 0.19% of the UK electorate as you are about your so called non democratic EU? 

Small Man Big Horse

Weeks of hysteria now.

Given that your last prediction was:

I'm not sure I'm going to trust them any longer.

greencalx

My current prediction is that the UK will leave the EU on 31st Oct on terms very similar to the May agreement. Whether Boris survives that or not I don't know.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteFormer chairman of the Conservative Muslim Forum @Mohammed_Amin has resigned from the Tory Party because he thinks Boris Johnson is "morally unfit" to be PM.

jobotic

Good riddance. The less of his type the better.

Says everyone who voted for Johnson.

Jerzy Bondov

maybe it won't be that bad

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe front page of tomorrow's Daily Telegraph: 'Prime Minister Johnson to appoint Brexiteer Cabinet as he spends his first 100 days in No 10 focusing solely on leaving the EU on October 31'

So anything else Johnson will just ignore? Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Blumf

Popular hashtag on November 1st : #BorisBottlesIt

olliebean

Quote from: imitationleather on July 23, 2019, 12:13:08 PM
Bumbling his way through it like it's an after dinner speech in front of a load of pissed up stockbrokers.

Did he tell the "George Brown in Peru" story?

imitationleather

Almost every paper leading with that image.

Someone drop a nuclear bomb on this country please.

Paul Calf

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 23, 2019, 06:01:35 PM
troooooooope

Oops. Totally forgot the origin of that phrase.

Bannon's no Shylock, however.

Rev+

In a queasy way I'm happy with this.  He absolutely should be the one to carry the Brexit can, and it'll be the end of his political career.  All of the lies that got us into this position are his to deal with now, and he'll be remembered as a one-year PM who ushered in an extended recession.  We have to suffer through it, but his story will definitely be over a year from now.

Paul Calf

Yeah, it'll be cool. Theresa May's poisonous misrule only killed a few hundred thousand. Let's see if Boorish can beat that.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Rev+ on July 24, 2019, 03:22:11 AM
In a queasy way I'm happy with this.  He absolutely should be the one to carry the Brexit can, and it'll be the end of his political career.  All of the lies that got us into this position are his to deal with now, and he'll be remembered as a one-year PM who ushered in an extended recession.  We have to suffer through it, but his story will definitely be over a year from now.
I don't think he will be a one-year PM. If he delivers a Deal Brexit he's going to go to an early election and probably win that. If he goes to the election on the basis of delivering a No Deal Brexit, I think he'll win that. The Tories will let him rule as the most charismatic member of the bunch. Throw shit on the horizon like another (trade/physical) war, Trump re-elected, a move to far-right worldwide, a recession/depression where austerity becomes the accepted solution and a few other things and he'll hang on. He won't quit now that he's there- he'll have to be pushed.

https://twitter.com/Quillette/status/1153736396101881862

"With his mop of blond hair, his tie askew and his shirt escaping from his trousers, he looked like an overgrown schoolboy. Yet with his imposing physical build...there was also something of Nietzsche's Übermensch about him."

There needs to be a British Ben Garrison to draw Hunk Boris.