Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:35:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Storms of Great Britain (location: Wales)

Started by Misspent Boners, July 24, 2019, 01:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Anyone else in North London hear that random lightning strike? Sounded like a bomb going off, just as I was putting Ferris Jr to bed. All that work ruined.

weekender

Maybe that sound was just god trying to smite your son?

Ferris

Quote from: weekender on August 09, 2019, 06:44:29 PM
Maybe that sound was just god trying to smite your son?

Well unfortunately for Him, He's second in the queue at the moment.

Still screaming and crying.

weekender

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 09, 2019, 06:54:55 PM
Well unfortunately for Him, He's second in the queue at the moment.

Still screaming and crying.

I am genuinely sorry.

Have you thought about steaming genitals with herbs?

Apparently that can help.

Ferris

Quote from: weekender on August 09, 2019, 07:28:55 PM
I am genuinely sorry.

Have you thought about steaming genitals with herbs?

Apparently that can help.

Stuck my knob in the kettle and hallelujah! He's asleep!

Terrific advice, thanks

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 09, 2019, 06:35:37 PM
Anyone else in North London hear that random lightning strike? Sounded like a bomb going off, just as I was putting Ferris Jr to bed. All that work ruined.

There was one in East London between 5.15pm and 6.15pm as I was teaching online at the time and my student thought there'd been a loud explosion. It was a weird old thing, one flash of lightning, a massive thunder clap, then it pissed it down violently for about two minutes before the sun came out again.

Ferris

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 09, 2019, 08:49:33 PM
There was one in East London between 5.15pm and 6.15pm as I was teaching online at the time and my student thought there'd been a loud explosion. It was a weird old thing, one flash of lightning, a massive thunder clap, then it pissed it down violently for about two minutes before the sun came out again.

I'm in Stoke Newington, hit the building opposite my Airbnb apparently. It was the same one I think - happened once, woke Ferris Jr up, then promptly fucked off.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 09, 2019, 08:58:47 PM
I'm in Stoke Newington, hit the building opposite my Airbnb apparently. It was the same one I think - happened once, woke Ferris Jr up, then promptly fucked off.

Yeah it must have been as Stoke Newington's fairly close to Walthamstow. Have you thought about deafening Ferris Jr to prevent such an occurrence again by the way? Or yourself, so that you can't hear his cries of misery? I have a friend with kids who's partially deaf whose partner always had to deal with the kids waking up in the middle of the night, and she's one of the happiest people I know.

Ferris

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 09, 2019, 10:08:34 PM
Yeah it must have been as Stoke Newington's fairly close to Walthamstow. Have you thought about deafening Ferris Jr to prevent such an occurrence again by the way? Or yourself, so that you can't hear his cries of misery? I have a friend with kids who's partially deaf whose partner always had to deal with the kids waking up in the middle of the night, and she's one of the happiest people I know.

One of the better ideas gleaned from CaB over the years...

Jittlebags

In Wales, it's been called 'Storom Awst' - sic.

Head Gardener

Cerys

Quote from: falafel on August 09, 2019, 08:06:39 AM
Let's all club together for a bus down to Cerys's place to shake a wobble board and piss on her bedroom window

edit: sorry, thought this was the group whatsapp

edit 2: anyone got a strobe light? bike headlamp will do

I love you.

Still no thunder.

bgmnts

Thunder so loud it actually woke me up at half 3 this morning. Bit of lightning and a torrential downpour of rain for half a minute and it was all good.

Cerys

My years of thunderlessness rival the rain.  Still I weep.

buttgammon

I was in Amsterdam about a month ago and saw a full-on continental thunderstorm. Brilliant stuff, only surpassed by Berlin 2013.

Cerys

I am in danger of becoming a dehydrated pile of saltlessness.  Where is my thunder?  My lightning?  Where?

Ferris

Wife and Ferris Jr caught in a downpour while I was tucked up cozy and safe in my office working st my desk. Thunder and lightning, but I was too busy to notice.

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Quote from: Cerys on September 25, 2019, 01:17:10 AM
You disgust me.

I think my son at 7 months has done 4 or 5 very intense thunderstorms on two continents.

If anyone is disgusted here, it's me. And not just because of the diapers and vomit I've cleaned up this evening (then I got off the bus ahhh)

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 25, 2019, 01:18:07 AM
Not helping my flight anxiety.

Not storm season here in the Midwest Blodz, I'll wave as you fly over safe and sound

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 25, 2019, 01:22:45 AM
I think my son at 7 months has done 4 or 5 very intense thunderstorms on two continents.

If anyone is disgusted here, it's me. And not just because of the diapers and vomit I've cleaned up this evening (then I got off the bus ahhh)

Not storm season here in the Midwest Blodz, I'll wave as you fly over safe and sound

Cheers, always turbs over Quebec Sanguay way though

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 25, 2019, 01:40:40 AM
Cheers, always turbs over Quebec Sanguay way though

Once you're east of Ontario, I can no longer help you. Québec is bandit country!

(Although seriously, you'll be fine)