Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The quality of writing on the BBC News website

Started by Noonling, July 24, 2019, 07:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Yeah even by the BBCs current descent into pure right wing propoganda that's mental. Put a complaint in for the first time ever.

QuoteFor me personally, this won't be over until the conditions that are in place to make people come here are gone.

Even if you were thick enough to believe these people flocking here are living on cushy benefits and are more protected than you or whatever nonsense you pretend to think, you have to be such a spiteful cunt to propose a solution of "lets make our countrt so shit that even people fleeing from warzones we've helped make unstable dont want to come here."

I just can't fathom the stupidity and hatred.

idunnosomename

Meet The Little Man Making A Big "Putsch" For His Struggle

sevendaughters

someone just forwarded this article to me as if to say wtf so i guess people are seeing it. i also complained for the first time in my life. this bit took my breath away with how...callous and neoliberal...it is...i care...but i don't.

idunnosomename

Radio 4 producer here tagging some far-right groups to promote her programme.
https://twitter.com/SueM1tchell/status/1315615407751999494?s=19
https://archive.md/IwAk5 archive for when it gets deleted

I knew evil was banal but who knew it was banal as Grace Dent

idunnosomename

in other radio 4 fash news, they have helpfully commissioned "Across the Red Line" where an eminent sensible person (a James o'Ball) tries to find common ground with a extremely disingenuous fucking idiot (like Clozza Fox) and shifts the overton window a bit further right each week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09m2bj1/episodes/player

jobotic

https://mobile.twitter.com/terryfuck45/status/1322915112752160769

It really is just an advertorial for a neo-Nazi party.

Grace Dent will be horrified when a refugee is murdered by these people. She might not finish her complimentary merlot.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 01, 2020, 12:29:01 PM
Yeah even by the BBCs current descent into pure right wing propoganda that's mental. Put a complaint in for the first time ever.

QuoteFor me personally, this won't be over until the conditions that are in place to make people come here are gone.

Even if you were thick enough to believe these people flocking here are living on cushy benefits and are more protected than you or whatever nonsense you pretend to think, you have to be such a spiteful cunt to propose a solution of "lets make our countrt so shit that even people fleeing from warzones we've helped make unstable dont want to come here."

I just can't fathom the stupidity and hatred.

Ummm... you've achieved that and also enough to make citizens also rush for the lifeboats to escape.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Zetetic on November 01, 2020, 12:12:48 PM
" He wears a Union Jack face mask"

That's not a Union Jack in the photo, incidentally.

It is - it's called a Union Jack when it flies from an absolute vessel.

bgmnts

UNION FLAG my bampa would say. IT'S ONLY A JACK ON A SHIP.

touchingcloth

He'd followed the news and been incensed at reports about the increasing number of Jewish-owned businesses, with 1,880 opening in September alone - compared to 1,800 for the whole of 1937.

"I've been watching it every day and I've been fuming. I just got fed up with it. People were saying to me, 'Well, instead of screaming at the television, do something!'"

So he launched a new group, and smashed up shops and synagogues with a hammer like an absolute lad who musn't be spoken ill of, and in fact should be given sympathetic coverage.

Zetetic

I suspect he doesn't approve of the Scots either, for example.

dissolute ocelot

Fuck's sake. Why does the BBC pretend they care about people drowning? One twat "was arrested in August for breaching the peace and trespassing while filming migrants boarding a coach" and for another "it was a throwaway comment about migrants being given hotel rooms that spurred him into action".

touchingcloth

Davis spent two nights at sea with other members of his group, attempting to get close to the inflatable migrant boats in order to document the dangers they face, and also to prove a point to the authorities.

"We want to show the government, 'Look, if we can get to these boats, so can you,'" he says.

"And we were clear - if for some reason we came across a boat where it's in trouble, we agreed we'd bring them in ourselves to the UK. Ideally we'd love them to turn around, but that would be dangerous. These are lives and we would help if we had to."

Is it just me, or does the second bolded bit make it sound like they failed to prove the point in the first?

idunnosomename

so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

BlodwynPig

Give a child a bucket, she will carry it 20 miles a day.

But teach a village about buckets and they will increase your company's bottom line and satisfy your board members. Oh, and keep you stocked up on state-of-the-art espresso machines and giant boardroom screens.

touchingcloth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 07, 2020, 04:19:59 PM
Give a child a bucket, she will carry it 20 miles a day.

But teach a village about buckets and they will increase your company's bottom line and satisfy your board members. Oh, and keep you stocked up on state-of-the-art espresso machines and giant boardroom screens.

These kids have their own buckets? They don't know they're born if so. I remember when I was a lad I had to walk 20 miles to old Willowby's if I wanted to see a bucket, except that Christmas after grandpa died and father was given a tuppence and hapenny bonus from the cannery and he used it to rent a COLOUR bucket for the family to share. I remember when the man from the hire shop came to collect it at the end of the week and my brothers and sisters and cousins and I went "please, sir! On more night! Can't we have the bucket for one more night?" but he took it away all the same, of course.

BlodwynPig

Live text on bbc sport - west ham fulham game

QuoteIf Danny Baker and VHS were both still things that would be fastly edited to the start of this year's Christmas gaffes round-up.

Dont know how Baker feels about no longer being a thing?

Cerys

I thought he died a few years ago.  If he didn't die, then who died and made me think they were Danny Baker?

Cold Meat Platter

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MrMrs on November 08, 2020, 12:26:16 AM
fastly

ha, that too - the whole sentence was such a baby mess that I didn't even spot that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The bbc's 'A day with Trump' article is as flimsy and shit as you might expect. Someone managed to get a few one word comments from junior aides whilst stalking the entourage.

sirhenry

Am I the only one getting this message at the end of this article -https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842?

QuoteAny existing EU agreement that is not rolled over will end on 31 December and future trade will take place on WTO terms until a deal is reached.

The UK government is also holding trade talks with countries that do not currently have EU trade deals, such as the US, Australia and New Zealand.

Please upgrade your browser

Eta: I use Firefox and it updated itself about an hour ago.

Captain Z

Haha, no I'm getting that too. I would guess they've accidentally copied and pasted it in.

dissolute ocelot

From looking at the page source, the "please update your browser" thing is something to do with GEL, the BBC's unified web interface design thing, which apparently either isn't supported in Chrome/Firefox/normal browsers, or is broken due to some shitty coding. So it's not a cut and paste error, it's a broken web scripting error. This is less exciting than I hoped.

SpiderChrist

thugler

Fucking hell that BBC article. I've complained as well for the first time.