Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:58:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The quality of writing on the BBC News website

Started by Noonling, July 24, 2019, 07:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

I think it's disgraceful that some forum members clearly think it's perfectly okay to imagine a scenario in which those two lez up.  Shame on you.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Bernice on November 25, 2020, 04:33:47 PM
Ash is a she, an avowed communist, and a commentator for pinko lefty comment merchants Novara media. Hence why her crossover with the posho daughter of Tory ex-chancellor is surprising.

Ah, I haven't heard of her or that outlet, as I am alternative right.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 25, 2020, 04:44:28 PM
I think it's disgraceful that some forum members clearly think it's perfectly okay to imagine a scenario in which those two lez up.  Shame on you.

Others may be guffawing out loud

idunnosomename

I agree. Disgraceful.

I'm sorry, I've just come.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

filth gabs

Not sure if there is a thread for other news outlet's slurry streams but this is from sky news. Kay Burley - famous 'take no prisoners' interviewer is asking the chancellor about buying a fucking dog for hia fucking kids.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KayBurley/status/1331885332074270721

dissolute ocelot

Especially if there is an otter watching.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: filth gabs on November 26, 2020, 09:56:34 AM
Not sure if there is a thread for other news outlet's slurry streams but this is from sky news. Kay Burley - famous 'take no prisoners' interviewer is asking the chancellor about buying a fucking dog for hia fucking kids.

sadness in it's eyes?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: filth gabs on November 26, 2020, 09:56:34 AM

Read Chris Hoare's tweet, then take my limp body, burn it and throw it down the disused mine shaft.

Cuuuuuuuunnnnnnttttttttttt

Menu

Quote from: icehaven on November 25, 2020, 11:16:08 AM
I took me ages to realise that a podcast is just an audio program that's on the internet instead of broadcast on the radio. When I first heard the term I thought you needed special equipment to listen to them, like with ham radio.

Yes, people do still like to unnecessarily complicate the concept. It's just a radio programme. I bet BBC Sounds has confused more people than it has enlightened. I can imagine my mum looking at it and just going, "er....not for me". AND THAT'S MY MUM FFS!

Sebastian Cobb

Yes I don't understand BBC Sounds at all. They had an understandable radio + catch-up app which offered clear navigation to content and modernised it by spinning it round so you're presented with all the content smooshed together and a tenuous link to where it was broadcast and a search function that seems to work less well.

Menu

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 27, 2020, 12:23:36 AM
Yes I don't understand BBC Sounds at all. They had an understandable radio + catch-up app which offered clear navigation to content and modernised it (because linear stations are saaad by spinning it round so you're presented with all the content smooshed together and a tenuous link to where it was broadcast and a search function that seems to work less well.

The previous version worked really well because it made sense. It was a catch-up service for the BBC's radio stations. I have no idea what BBC Sounds is meant to be or who it's supposed to be catering for. I bet some management consultants got paid millions for the change though. So at least someone's happy.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Menu on November 27, 2020, 12:26:22 AM
The previous version worked really well because it made sense. It was a catch-up service for the BBC's radio stations. I have no idea what BBC Sounds is meant to be or who it's supposed to be catering for. I bet some management consultants got paid millions for the change though. So at least someone's happy.
[I wrote this in an edit before your reply but then broke it out]

I guess it was driven by the idea that radio stations are saaad, and they worked out there are certain shows that generate lots of traffic on catch-up that people make a point of listening to e.g. comedy on Radio 4, Late Junction on Radio 3 or specific dj's on Radio 1/1xtra/6 Music etc without realising people still navigated their way by the station they appeared on.

Menu

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 27, 2020, 12:30:37 AM
[I wrote this in an edit before your reply but then broke it out]

I guess it was driven by the idea that radio stations are saaad, and they worked out there are certain shows that generate lots of traffic on catch-up that people make a point of listening to e.g. comedy on Radio 4, Late Junction on Radio 3 or specific dj's on Radio 1/1xtra/6 Music etc without realising people still navigated their way by the station they appeared on.

Yeah probably. It's such a mess though if you don't fall into that category. And like you said earlier the search function is fucked too.

Sebastian Cobb

What also pissed me off is they launched and promoted it with far fewer features, it kept encouraging me to swap it when they hadn't bothered to add chromecast support which accounts for most of my way of listening. Nice they didn't actually forcibly swap them though.

Annie Labuntur

They should rebrand BBC Sounds as 'BBC Sorry This Episode Is Not Currently Available'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastian Cobb

Honestly thought this was taking place in a 'pc gone mad' thread, apologies everyone.

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

I think my 70 year old Father sometimes listens to David Rodigan on there.

Bazooka

Van life Briton missing in French mountains

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55118130

'Van life' nothing to do with being Dutch, but refers to someone who lives in a van.  The BBC from now on will refer to people based on their dwellings; "House life man" "B&B life teenager".

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh yeah it's "van life" when it's middle class people going on a jaunt in their campervan but "gypsies/knackers/pikeys/tinkers" when people live that way all the time

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 29, 2020, 01:53:08 AM
oh yeah it's "van life" when it's middle class people (with a large social media following) going on a jaunt in their campervan but "gypsies/knackers/pikeys/tinkers" when people live that way all the time

Added to your very correct observation, some of the fakest channels/feeds that exist.

touchingcloth

Bronzy

This isn't really the BBC's fault, more the fault of my extremely infantile mind

touchingcloth

I spotted that as well, and I had assumed it was done knowlingly. I reckon if gayness wasn't a factor then the usual way to caption that same picture would be "Patterson (left)".

Cold Meat Platter

Cunts have just referred to the "forthcoming remake of Dune" the ignorant pricks.

Menu

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 03, 2020, 07:36:24 PM
I spotted that as well, and I had assumed it was done knowlingly. I reckon if gayness wasn't a factor then the usual way to caption that same picture would be "Patterson (left)".

"Pat Patterson(gay)"

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on December 03, 2020, 10:25:17 PM
Cunts have just referred to the "forthcoming remake of Dune" the ignorant pricks.

They've changed this now. To "forthcoming sci-fi epic Dune".